“The Sheep & Sleep”

Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B
Ranked #2 of 4 Wakefield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay - the ambience was quaint and homey. The service was absolutely excellent. Enjoyed the great and delicious breakfast. Dawn was very friendly and personable - it was quite evident that she put both thought and effort in all aspects of our stay.

Room Tip: We would recommend the Black Sheep room - quaint and cosy, all one needs in a B&B
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lyla and Tom T
OwnerMonPetitChum, Owner at Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Thank you so much! I am so happy that you both enjoyed your time in Wakefield.
I am sure your family will be glad to hear you liked the gift certificate they gave you for Christmas for the Sheep & Sleep package! It is a great package being only 8 minute stumble to The Black Sheep Inn for great live music!
Hope to see you again soon!
Dawn

Reviewed 4 March 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Mon Petit Chum and we hope to be back! Dawn was extremely friendly and accommodating, and her breakfast meal was delicious! The upper room we stayed in was huge and the decor unique (in a good way)! This is B&B with real character and helped make a memorable weekend!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom S
OwnerMonPetitChum, Owner at Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed Tha Fantasy Suite! I know it is different but I had to put my items I collected from my travels somewhere! Glad you had a good weekend in Wakefield and saw a great show at The Blacksheep Inn. Hope to see you again soon! Your new friend, Dawn.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

We were given Dawn, Seb and Veronica's details by a friend when we came to play a show at the Black Sheep. We'd thought that it would probably be a 'nice enough' place, but from the moment that we made contact with Dawn, she went absolutely out of her way to make our stay fantastic. Everything we expressed the slightest interest in, from snow-shoeing to dinner reservations to getting an acrylic nail fixed locally, she did advance work on so that we could take advantage of every opportunity. Despite being super busy changing rooms over in the gorgeous B&B, she came to collect our very tired bodies from Ottawa, and we arrived into a beautiful, friendly, warm and welcoming environment. We pretty much started planning our return journey the minute we arrived - we stayed an extra two days longer than we meant to, and by the end of the trip we felt as though we'd gotten to know three really wonderful people and had a great place to visit in a stunning part of Canada. I am still wearing the manicure that Veronica gave me - metallic blue and purple, and will us it as a reminder to tell everyone I run into that they should go and stay at Mon Petit Chum! And eat at The Village House, drink at Kaffe 1870 and see shows at the Black Sheep.... what a great town. Thanks Dawn, Seb and Veronica!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ChloeGoodyear
OwnerMonPetitChum, Owner at Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Well it was so much FUN to take you Aussie's snow shoeing for the 1st time with my daughter Veronica! The snow ball fight was the highlight for me and watching you guys fall in the snow! Ha Ha Ha! We too feel like we made new friends and look forward to seeing you guys either in Australia or back in Wakefield!!! We had a great time too with you and were so glad you were able to stay longer and enjoy the fresh, Winter, Wakefield air!!!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

We had the opportunity to spend the night at this great little place this past weekend. Dawn (proprietor) was warm and welcoming! She even arranged to get us tickets to the Blacksheep for a show.... in other words she went the extra mile to make our stay all the better.

At every turn Dawn was spectacular and accommodating!

I would recommend Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B to anyone looking for a great stay in Wakefield

We will be back!

Scott

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaSandeman
OwnerMonPetitChum, Owner at Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

We are so happy to have helped with your little trip to Wakefield! It was no problem picking up tickets for you for The Blacksheep Inn! Next time we hope you can stay longer. See you again soon! Your new pals, Dawn & Seb.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

My husband and i enjoy outdoor activities in winter. This was a perfect place to stay to access all that Gatineau has to offer. Dawn was a superb host! Not only is the place lovely, she is a wizard at anticipating and facilitating our every need. We definitely plan to come back and would recommend Mon Petit Chum with no hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
OwnerMonPetitChum, Owner at Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

It was so great having you both here and being able to sit down and chat over breakfast! I enjoyed your company and our laughs! Thank you for all the tips on cultured marble which I am now excited to re-do the Fanatsy Suite Shower walls with in the Spring when things settle down a bit! Hope to see you again for another getaway when you visit your family again! Saty in touch, Your new friend in Wakefield, Dawn.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

I took my girlfriend to this lovely little B&B for her birthday and what a success it was! Everything about Mon Petit Chum is welcoming and lovely, from Dawn and Seb, to the lovely decor in the rooms! I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a getaway, with the comfort of a friendly face and unique and fun environment.

We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

It was our pleasure to help with the plans for your girlfriends birthday celebration!!
We are happy that you both had a wonderful time! Hope to see you again soon after your own travels! Travel Safe. Dawn

Reviewed 18 December 2012

We have stayed at Mon Petit Chum twice now and have already booked our third stay.

The experience is incredible - everything from the room, to the food and to the little touchs that Dawn offers, like intros to great restaurants, not to mention the home baked goodies, is wonderful. I can't wait to go back. It is almost indescribable how peaceful, warm and inviting the Mon Petit Chum experience is.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased that this is your favorite place. That is the best compliment! You know I love what I do and I am so happy that you have now stayed on 3 different times and we appreciate your support. We love helping create memories in our village! See you in April for your next booking Sheep & Sleep package! Love your friend, Dawn.