“Love this place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Cuisines: Bar, International, Gastropub, Canadian
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the heart of Wakefield, Quebec on the Gatineau river, we have an amazing view that makes you feel like you are on vacation as soon as you sit down. Order a cocktail, have a snack or a meal, lean back and enjoy. Call us for reservations for groups of ten or more, otherwise, come as you are and we'll find you a spot.
ontario
“Love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is a wonderful space. Very inventive and creative space with great food and friendly service. If you are in the area I would recommend a visit for lunch or dinner. The space is also used for music and is the perfect venue.

Ottawa, Canada
“Really, really good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We went to Le Hibou rather late on a Sunday night. They let us eat there right before they closed the kitchen. Glad they did, because the food was amazing! I ordered a delicious coconut curry, which came with lots of vegetables and a salad that was also really delicious. Lots of food.
The decor is a mismatch of retro furniture, owl art pieces, and napkins are colourful bandanas - lots to look at while you eat. Would go back next time I'm in Wakefield.

Ottawa, Canada
“Lunch at Le Hibou”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I had a great lunch at Le Hibou. My husband had the burger which was made from local beef and was absolutely delicious. I had the fish and chips and the fish was cooked perfectly with a generous side of fries as well as beet curls and grated carrots. The atmosphere of this restaurant is a little quirky and 1950s retro, which we really enjoyed and they played great music too! Very friendly staff!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Good food in a unique space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We grabbed a quick lite dinner here after a Sunday afternoon show at the Black Sheep Inn. The food was good, I had a high quality grilled cheese with a really nice side salad with seeds and a tasty dressing, and my dinner date had one of the specials - based in cauliflower, which was a unique find and quite tasty. The service was good, friendly and quite fast, and the desserts looked tempting (although we declined). I'm not so sure if the mismatched decor is my taste, but it certainly gave us something to look and talk about - I think I saw a table that my parents had in the 1970's! I have a feeling that it would be a neat vibe if it was full of people and bustling, but on a sleepy Sunday night it was just a bit too much for me.. that being said, it was good food, a friendly space and absolutely nothing to complain about. I'd go back for lunch on a busy day for sure... would love to see this space in it's true form, and especially after reading all the reviews about the veggie burger, and when I have some more room for dessert.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kingston Ontario Canada
“Eclectic to say the least”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had lunch here again recommended by the staff at the Wakefield Inn. The decor is a series of mismatched everything but the place was packed with diners all seemingly enjoying the food -- as did we. The menu is quite extensive (including interesting late day breakfast choices) and the food is excellent.

Visited February 2014