My husband and I booked this hotel to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We figured we'd go all out and get the Waterfalls View Upgrade room. When we checked in, the service was GREAT, then we got up to our room, and were less than impressed. The website clearly states that the Falls View Upgrade room has "more luxurious and spacious suites in which you can enjoy a Jacuzzi, romantic fireplace, and king-sized bed". We had a jacuzzi, a small queen, NO fireplace, and if that room was considered spacious, I'd hate to see how small the others are...oh, and if you wanted to twist your neck enough, you could see the falls! We advised the front desk that the description of the room on the internet was not that of our room. They offered for us to stay in their new eco-river lodge instead...they showed us inside, and the floors were filthy, the fireplace (more like the size of a lantern) and TV were not hooked up yet, there was a small tub (no jacuzzi), no view of the falls and frankly it did not have the rustic feel that we were there for. We decided to stay in the less than impressive first room, and were not offered anything as compensation for the deceiving description on the website. They could possibly market the room as "waterfall sound" as we slept a whole 3 hours due to the noise from the falls that sounded like an industrial fan was in our room! When we checked out the next morning, the staff was different, and very unfriendly. She did not even ask us how our stay was...we barely got a hello, but rather "how much do you still owe?". In the end, I decided to voice my opinion, and was not even offered an apology, but rather, she insisted that the website stated that the waterfalls room upgrade had 1, 2 or 3 or the above amenitites mentioned. You would think that this would result in a price difference, so we still question if room 309 is ACTUALLY a Waterfalls View Upgrade...or just one that could "pass" as one in the event of overbookings. Frustrated, I felt no more need to argue as this was clearly going nowhere...I just want people to know that I copy & pasted the description I posted above, and this is my experience. Definitely not worth $260...and after the negative experience with the front desk on the morning of Aug. 29th, we will never be going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savor the historic charm of our heritage country inn set on 24 acres with the Gatineau Park. Capture the warmth of true Quebec hospitality within spectacular scenery. Indulge yourself and be pampered in our full-service spa, a truly serene retreat featuring: outdoor hot tubs, our new dreamweaver outdoor massage tent on the river's edge, and our river pool. Our hotel dining rooms and charming fireplace lounge are nestled next to the gurgling waters of the LaPeche river and the 28' MacLaren Falls. 24 Acres tucked-away within Gatineau Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wakefield Mill Hotel Wakefield
- Wakefield Mill Inn And Spa