My husband and I spent two nights at the Mill after purchasing a TravelZoo deal which included vouchers for the spa and fine dining restaurant. The location of the Mill is stunning, overlooking a waterfall. It is a short walk to the village of Wakefield, and conveniently located to restaurants, cafes and the Black Sheep Inn (music venue).
Our check-in was fast and friendly. We stayed in the new Eco Lodge away from the main building. We had a queen sized bed, a bathroom with shower, a small table with two comfy seats and a view of the river. The bathroom amenities provided (shampoo, conditioner and bath gel) are in a dispenser in the shower and are not good quality (but they smell nice). I will bring my own next time. The room was modern but had nice wood accents making it very cozy. There are two hot tubs on-site, but we only used the one closest to our room. It was hot the first two times we used it, but was too cool on our last day.
We had the table d'hote dinner at the fine dining restaurant. Much thought was put into the menu, but the execution wasn't great. Some items were undercooked, and much of the meal felt overly elaborate. The next night we walked to Le Hibou - a casual bistro/cafe with a menu of seafood and vegetarian items. The food was simple, perfectly cooked and inexpensive, plus our table had a gorgeous view of the river and Gatineau Hills.
I would definitely recommend the Wakefield Mill and I plan on returning. However, I'll pass on the fine dining restaurant and maybe try their lounge instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savor the historic charm of our heritage country inn set on 24 acres with the Gatineau Park. Capture the warmth of true Quebec hospitality within spectacular scenery. Indulge yourself and be pampered in our full-service spa, a truly serene retreat featuring: outdoor hot tubs, our new dreamweaver outdoor massage tent on the river's edge, and our river pool. Our hotel dining rooms and charming fireplace lounge are nestled next to the gurgling waters of the LaPeche river and the 28' MacLaren Falls. 24 Acres tucked-away within Gatineau Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wakefield Mill Hotel Wakefield
- Wakefield Mill Inn And Spa