“delicious food, nice service”
Review of Alpengruss Motel - CLOSED

Alpengruss Motel
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at the motel and ate at this restaurant a few years ago and then we returned on Good Friday. I had the grilled cheese sandwich- it was Swiss cheese and served with German potato salad-it was delicious! My husband had the burger- very good and we shared a cheesecake- great!
The service was very good, friendly and prompt- when we arrived we were the only customers and when we left it was almost full- a really nice restaurant with a homey feel- we will return.

3  Thank fifi1980
There are newer reviews for Alpengruss Motel

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Havebeen coming here off and on for about 20 years and I always enjoyed the German food and the Gemütlichkeit. The new owners have changed all of that but were too lazy to change their web page or even the menu outside the door. Drove up from Ottawa with great expectations but when we were seated we were given a one sheet menu. One of my favourites was the goulash soup but it is now gone. When we saw the limited menu we left and ate at the Mill instead.

3  Thank Candu_scuba
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Complete and tasty brunches, they are open early if you want to get a hearty meal in before heading off the P17 in the Gatineaus for a cross country ski in the winter time. Head through Wakefield and check it out, so cozy. We love doing this on a Saturday or Sunday morning (with my hubby).

2  Thank NewYorkTuna
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Since new management in mid 2012, this place has changed so much. The food is excellent, you have choice and the service so pleasant. Breakfast is awesome, bacon, eggs, toast, served with a smile. Lunch choices, have the smoke meat, the best anywhere, the swiss cheese and ham sandwich is out of this world.. plenty of parking... great place for a nice meal.

1  Thank emayer56
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The service the waitress and buss girl was great. The food was OK, very small portions, not much meat compared to Lindenholf or your classic German restaurant. Now the bathrooms. They had not been cleaned for weeks (black rim around water line), floor very dirty and even the sinks were extra dirty. I had visited the bathrooms towards the end, lucky for them...as I would of left the restaurant right away...that bad.
Like I said, the service was good, food ok but bathroom yucky.