“Great food and personal service”
Review of Cafe Pot-Au-Feu

Cafe Pot-Au-Feu
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
ontario
“Great food and personal service”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Wonderful location, great food, highly recommend , outdoor seating is fantastic with a super view across the Gatineau River.

Visited October 2013

Peterborough
“Delicious”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Everything that we ate was well prepared and presented. Situated on the river in the old railway station, this gem is a intimate little restaurant with a flair. We had dinner for 2 which included salad or soup, bread with oil dip, choice of 3 main courses, dessert and coffee at $28 each. Seemed reasonably priced for quality and ambiance of place. Romantic and very pleasant experience.

Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“BEST RESTAURANT IN WAKEFIELD SHOULD BE RATED NUMBER 1”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Best restaurant in Wakefield and should be rated Number 1
For years , we have been attending Café Pot-Au-Feu and it has been and continues to be simply outstanding!
Number 1, very best always!
The Chef “Chris” ( young, but you would think , he is from Paris with 30 or 40 years of experience as a famous Chef ) he continuously impresses us with his unbelievable culinary skills, very good variety available from Lamb, steak, pork, fish, pastas etc…. with an amazing presentation. We travel to the Caribbean regularly and have attended several very high end restaurants and we can certainly say that Chris’s expertise outshines a lot of them!
The service and ambiance at Pot au Feu is also the reason why we say it is the Best!!!, the restaurant being the old train station offers a guaranteed warm and cozy atmosphere with its hard wood floors and wooden walls, linens, candles, it has it all, and the wood stove makes it all perfect in the winter. In the summer no other can compare as you dine by the river on a beautiful porch/ patio, yes with linens and candles admiring the sunset, just incredible!! Sharon our server, always friendly, provides excellent customer service and continuously ensures satisfaction with every detail possible.
We attend the restaurant every Friday night and always look forward to the next visit! At this time we would like to thank Nina , the owner of the restaurant and her marvelous team at Pot- Au-Feu for the outstanding dining experience you provide! Great Ambiance, outstanding food, fabulous service and all of it at a very reasonable price. Unbeatable!!!!
Best Regards,
The Fisher’s

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ginette and Rob... F
Shelburne, Vermont
“Great sunset view over water from outside patio”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I sat outside on a beautiful night. Overlooked tracks (the restaurant is a renovated train depot), and the river as it bends back toward Wakefield. Was fairly dark by the time I left, and I lingered because I could see the lights of the town sparkling on the water. The waitress noticed I'd been reading, and kindly brought extra candles. I was long since finished with a delicious dinner,and was sipping coffee and this made me feel most welcome to stay a bit if I so chose. I'd heard mixed reviews for the place and admit the location and view and proximity to my B&B was the main draw, but I truly enjoyed my dinner as well and will return.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mike R
Merrickville, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cafe Pot Au Feu Wakefield Quebec”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The food at Pot Au Feu is undoubtedly among the best I have tasted world wide. A beautiful atmosphere alongside the majestic Gatineau River and only 30 minutes North of downtown Ottawa the captal of Canada. The cozy dining rooms and the beautiful outdoor patio are a delightful break from the rush and bustle of inner city dining. Highly recommended, not expensive at all, the Chef is World Class! A great meal for only $30 each, plus whatever your preference beveridge! Paula Du Hamel Yellow Horn

• Visited November 2013