“Very tasty food in an historic atmosphere with lovely views over the Gatineau River” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Pot-Au-Feu

Cafe Pot-Au-Feu
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

The title captures the essence of my review of the Pot Au Feu; the food very tasty (I had the maple glazed salmon - yum!) the atmosphere quietly classic (a nicely refurbished vintage 1920s train station) and the views over the Gatineau River serene and inspiring (the evening we visited a fog slowly crept across the river). I will visit again, perhaps when the weather is warmer when you can sit on the patio overlooking the river while sipping a glass of Merlot - yes, that would be nice!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

ontario
“Great food and personal service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Wonderful location, great food, highly recommend , outdoor seating is fantastic with a super view across the Gatineau River.

Visited October 2013
Peterborough
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Everything that we ate was well prepared and presented. Situated on the river in the old railway station, this gem is a intimate little restaurant with a flair. We had dinner for 2 which included salad or soup, bread with oil dip, choice of 3 main courses, dessert and coffee at $28 each. Seemed reasonably priced for quality and ambiance of place. Romantic and very pleasant experience.

Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“BEST RESTAURANT IN WAKEFIELD SHOULD BE RATED NUMBER 1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Best restaurant in Wakefield and should be rated Number 1
For years , we have been attending Café Pot-Au-Feu and it has been and continues to be simply outstanding!
Number 1, very best always!
The Chef “Chris” ( young, but you would think , he is from Paris with 30 or 40 years of experience as a famous Chef ) he continuously impresses us with his unbelievable culinary skills, very good variety available from Lamb, steak, pork, fish, pastas etc…. with an amazing presentation. We travel to the Caribbean regularly and have attended several very high end restaurants and we can certainly say that Chris’s expertise outshines a lot of them!
The service and ambiance at Pot au Feu is also the reason why we say it is the Best!!!, the restaurant being the old train station offers a guaranteed warm and cozy atmosphere with its hard wood floors and wooden walls, linens, candles, it has it all, and the wood stove makes it all perfect in the winter. In the summer no other can compare as you dine by the river on a beautiful porch/ patio, yes with linens and candles admiring the sunset, just incredible!! Sharon our server, always friendly, provides excellent customer service and continuously ensures satisfaction with every detail possible.
We attend the restaurant every Friday night and always look forward to the next visit! At this time we would like to thank Nina , the owner of the restaurant and her marvelous team at Pot- Au-Feu for the outstanding dining experience you provide! Great Ambiance, outstanding food, fabulous service and all of it at a very reasonable price. Unbeatable!!!!
Best Regards,
The Fisher’s

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ginette and Rob... F
Shelburne, Vermont
“Great sunset view over water from outside patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I sat outside on a beautiful night. Overlooked tracks (the restaurant is a renovated train depot), and the river as it bends back toward Wakefield. Was fairly dark by the time I left, and I lingered because I could see the lights of the town sparkling on the water. The waitress noticed I'd been reading, and kindly brought extra candles. I was long since finished with a delicious dinner,and was sipping coffee and this made me feel most welcome to stay a bit if I so chose. I'd heard mixed reviews for the place and admit the location and view and proximity to my B&B was the main draw, but I truly enjoyed my dinner as well and will return.

• Visited September 2013