“A most enjoyable lunch”

Price range: US$5 - US$22
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Wakefield is a laid back linear village which follows the river edge and the now disused railway track with Eric's at the southern end. As it was a hot sunny Sunday we sat outside under the trees, we had a club sandwich, a coma burger, monte christo, benny saumon and a 5 oz steak burger all were well cooked and presented and the service was friendly and attentive. A lovely relaxing lunch. Hopefully we will visit again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Loved the locally sourced food. The meal was most elegant, and the atmosphere was casual and welcoming. Wished I would have had more time to go again if only for dessert. The Crème Brule was soooo wonderful.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I went for dinner recently, and had a wonderful meal and an all round nice experience. We chose to sit on the one little table on the porch, even though it was raining, which provided a special atmosphere. The outdoor patio area is also really nice. We both had the steak, which was delicious and cooked to our order, accompanied with nice grilled veggies and potatoes. Service was pleasant, relaxed and efficient. We will definitely be back. I would agree that that the dinner menu is not child-friendly, so might be something the restaurant should consider.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

You can definitely taste the love! These brothers are to be celebrated for the obvious care that goes into their food & service. Locally sourced ingredients shine. The menu is a perfect size - something for everyone, with an excellent choice of wines to accompany. Great music & cozy, friendly atmosphere! We had a wonderful lunch, then returned the next evening for dinner. An evening to remember, a very warm welcome from the moment we walked in. Great karma in this place! Local lamb was spectacular, authentic Caesar salad, great fennel & tomato soup, beautiful creme caramel and chocolate mousse. I'm definitely returning any time I'm in Wakefield. Bravo!

2  Thank Janet C
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Went for dinner with my wife on a cold evening in early March. We were pleased with the choice of music (lots of African grooves) and the comfortable ambiance.

Service was quite good and the pre-meal popcorn is a nice touch.

We started with the beet + fennel salad -- delicious! My wife had the trout with winter veggies and positively loved it. I had the lamb with gnocchi .It was pretty good but I found the tomato sauce a bit much for the dish. Will go back.

1  Thank snowkoan