Ternhill Farm House(Market Drayton)
US$109
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Rosehill Manor Hotel(Market Drayton)
TripAdvisor
The Four Alls Inn(Market Drayton)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2015

We recently stayed just one night at 'The Hawthorns' and wished it could have been longer. When I think of a b and b I think of a bedroom with maybe a communal lounge for relaxation and breakfast being served by the owner at a certain time. At Hawthorns you have you own entrance, a full kitchen, a sitting room and then upstairs a very comfortable bedroom and huge bathroom all to yourselves. Being able to sort our own breakfast out with the items provided was very relaxing and we found it ideal for our needs. It was slightly more expensive to stay just for one night (understandably) but having the whole kitchen at our disposal meant that we could prepare our own evening meal without the expense of eating out. Everything was spotlessly clean and the location is unbelievably peaceful. Excellent!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2015

Highly recommend. We stayed here 20-23 December 2014 - Sally and Mark could not have been more accommodating. The mews was delightful - spotless, beautifully decorated, warm and comfortable. We were greeted with a welcome pack of goodies - home made jams, wholegrain bread, yoghurts, milk, tea, coffee. We were attending a wedding locally and were able to come and go as we pleased without disturbing anyone as the mews has its own door/access. Perfect for anyone walking,cycling, touring etc as it is very rural. There is a washing machine in the very well equipped kitchen - even clingfilm for the all important sangers! Nothing was too much trouble - even sorting a wardrobe malfunction / shortage! .

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Sally E, Owner at The Hawthorns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2015

Thanks for your great review. It was a pleasure to have you stay. We hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have just stayed at the Hawthorne and debated with myself whether to share this it is the nicest B&B I have experienced all the previous comments are absolutely correct. Mark and Sally are lovely people and always happy to help. I will fortunately be staying there regularly over the next few months through work and am pleased to say it feels like a home from home. I would highly recommend you try it. If I am not there 1st!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John K
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Very peaceful location in the countryside and great accommodation consisting of a large bedroom with a large ensuite over your own cosy lounge (exclusive use) and kitchen/diner. All home comforts with a bit of luxury as well. Sally and Mark are very friendly and make you feel most welcome from the outset. Great little touches like fresh flowers, fresh eggs (from their own hens) and home made jams only add to the enjoyment of the stay. Good pub/restaurant only 2 minutes walk away. We can thoroughly recommend The Hawthorns.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Outspanner
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This place is really super in every way.
I had to stay in the area to help family and I could not have asked for a warmer welcome - it really was just like I had gone to stay with family. The lovely couple took time to chat to me and were so, so helpful and offered help and support far and beyond any normal expectatations.

The place itself is ubber clean and well looked after but still very relaxing and very homely. The breakfat was well stocked and very enjoyable - I went for the continentail breakfast and was not dissapointed.
Locally sourced, freshly baked bread - delicious - I almost want to go back just to get some more of that bread!!
Fresh fruit and other bits like yoget and 'posh' cereal, fresh coffee... - perfect.

The little, well stocked kitchen and homely living area is just great and would be perfect for an overnight to a week or more stay and the bedroom is that extra bit of luxary to make you feel really extra special. The shower room is massive!!! >Just so lovely to stay in a place that has been looked after and gone the extra mile in every direction.

I am looking forward to returning to this little spot, a stunning spot, in rural England - this is such a sleepy little adorable village with a super pub in walking distance that do good food too. It is a bit of a walk to the closest shop but only 2 mins in a car so if you are not driving then try to remember everything before going in but really other than that I can't fault it at all.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family