Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

What a fantastic find, a self contained unit with lounge, kitchen and a huge bedroom with a massive bed and wonderful en-suite. The owners were very welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful and the place was immaculate. I with great views and a peaceful location I cannot fault this place. I can't wait to return next month. Thanks Sally and Mark for a fabulous stay.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Sally E, Owner at The Hawthorns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Thanks Rachel. Glad you had a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again next month.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

We recently stayed just one night at 'The Hawthorns' and wished it could have been longer. When I think of a b and b I think of a bedroom with maybe a communal lounge for relaxation and breakfast being served by the owner at a certain time. At Hawthorns you have you own entrance, a full kitchen, a sitting room and then upstairs a very comfortable bedroom and huge bathroom all to yourselves. Being able to sort our own breakfast out with the items provided was very relaxing and we found it ideal for our needs. It was slightly more expensive to stay just for one night (understandably) but having the whole kitchen at our disposal meant that we could prepare our own evening meal without the expense of eating out. Everything was spotlessly clean and the location is unbelievably peaceful. Excellent!

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2015

Highly recommend. We stayed here 20-23 December 2014 - Sally and Mark could not have been more accommodating. The mews was delightful - spotless, beautifully decorated, warm and comfortable. We were greeted with a welcome pack of goodies - home made jams, wholegrain bread, yoghurts, milk, tea, coffee. We were attending a wedding locally and were able to come and go as we pleased without disturbing anyone as the mews has its own door/access. Perfect for anyone walking,cycling, touring etc as it is very rural. There is a washing machine in the very well equipped kitchen - even clingfilm for the all important sangers! Nothing was too much trouble - even sorting a wardrobe malfunction / shortage! .

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sally E, Owner at The Hawthorns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2015

Thanks for your great review. It was a pleasure to have you stay. We hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have just stayed at the Hawthorne and debated with myself whether to share this it is the nicest B&B I have experienced all the previous comments are absolutely correct. Mark and Sally are lovely people and always happy to help. I will fortunately be staying there regularly over the next few months through work and am pleased to say it feels like a home from home. I would highly recommend you try it. If I am not there 1st!!!!

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank John K
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Very peaceful location in the countryside and great accommodation consisting of a large bedroom with a large ensuite over your own cosy lounge (exclusive use) and kitchen/diner. All home comforts with a bit of luxury as well. Sally and Mark are very friendly and make you feel most welcome from the outset. Great little touches like fresh flowers, fresh eggs (from their own hens) and home made jams only add to the enjoyment of the stay. Good pub/restaurant only 2 minutes walk away. We can thoroughly recommend The Hawthorns.

Date of stay: February 2013