“Excellent food and service on a special occasion”
Review of Fordhall Farm

Fordhall Farm
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a community owned organic food cafe, serving seasonal dishes to bring you a taste of England. All food is prepared fresh onsite - we don't have a fryer or microwave! Our chef is passionate about cooking from scratch using only the best local ingredients. We also offer gluten free options and vegetarian options. Vegans can also be catered for. All meat is sourced direct from Fordhall Farm and our vegetables are sourced organically where possible. We have a changing specials board as well as our seasonal favourites. We also have a function room to provide buffets or bespoke menu's for groups of 12-60 guests. Whilst visiting us you may also like to walk one of our free farm trails or take a visit to the farm shop. Ultimately, we are passionate about our food and the natural environment and we love sharing that with our customers. Plus every penny made in our cafe contributes towards community or conservational work at Fordhall Farm.
Reviewed 9 March 2014

What a fabulous day we had celebrating our Ruby Wedding Anniversary. The care taken by all the guys at FHF was second to none - such detail and commitment - it was awesome. I worry about naming people (in case I miss someone out) but I have to say a very special thank you to Odilia, Nina, Nicola and the lovely Charlotte Allan - for making it a day to remember. So many snapshots playing in my mind today - the room which looked amazing, the food which was fabulous, the service was so friendly and caring - all in all a fabulous venue.

2  Thank oldfart2014

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Popping into this farm shop as we were passing, I am glad we didn't drive past! A cosy little cafe on the side of the farm shop serves drinks and food using the produce from the farm.

My partner wanted to try Welsh Rarebit, which was provided as a reasonable portion with my partner demolishing it before I could try it. I opted for the pork bap, which quite simply was amazing. Tender juicy pork, crunchy pieces of seasoned crackling and a small pot of crisps on the side, I nearly ordered another one straight after!

The staff were friendly and attentive, such a brilliant place to visit!

1  Thank legend187
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I pass Fordhall a lot with my work and promised to give it a try, so we did recently, for Sunday lunch.
It was a warm sunny day, so turned up early and opted to walk one of the longer trails around the farm, which was great but a little precarious in places. The information about it's history in the leaflets provided was brilliant, and made you appreciate all the work that has gone into making it what it is.
The food tasted beautiful, but a little pricey at £12.95 (for one course) and whilst the tea room is very nice, it is a tea room and not a restaurant.

1  Thank CSLWolves
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have visited here before with my daughter in law and grandchildren but my husband had not. He was so surprised at the variety of products in the farm shop. We had tea and scones in the café and our youngest grandchild (3 years of age) was made very welcome. Before we left for home we stocked up with pork, beef, sausages, bacon and local butter. We also had a wonderful rib of beef (the beef is hung for 27 days) for a family Sunday lunch, the verdict - fantastic. If you are in the area please give them your support, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Olwen W
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Called in on the way up the A53 and were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. The staff were very friendly and attentive, the food was nice and hot, well seasoned and came out in very good time. The drinks were also well priced. Worth a visit if your in the area.

The deli downstairs is great!

1  Thank Scott F