“A Lovely Destination”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Market Drayton
Goldstone Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Market Drayton
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I came to Goldstone Hall Hotel as I was doing business in nearby Newport. What a lovely surprise! The staff were so friendly and accommodating and made guests feel so at home and welcome.

The hotel room (I'd been upgraded) was simply gorgeous with a massive and comfortable bed, flatscreen TV and lovely lighting. The bathroom was undoutedly the piece de resistance with a huge walk-in shower, deep bath and high-quality soaps and body washes.

Outside, I enjoyed a drink overlooking the surrounding countryside - so welcome to enjoy such a relaxing ambience. Although I ate alone the staff made me feel welcome and gave a great table (unusual if you are a woman travelling alone) and the meal I had was fantastic. The steak was cooked to perfection - and I'm fussy - and the veggies were equally delicious.

Although I only stayed one night, and, unfortuantely on business, I will ensure that I return but this time with my husband for a romantic weekend! Congratulations to all the staff!

Room Tip: They are all nice!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Goldstone Hall Hotel

Reviewed 10 July 2011

We had an overnight stay here for a wedding. The staff were so pleasant and professional and the gardens are amazing. It felt like we were staying in a friends country pad. The food was good in particular the breakfast. It wasn't cheap at £160 for a double room b and b, but you get what you pay for. Would highly recommend for a weekend get away or wedding venue.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I was trying to find a hotel near Stafford ahead of a meeting and stumbled across Goldstone Hall on the internet. I agreed a fair price for 2 nights dinner, B&B and was very impressed with the whole experience. The service and food were the stars of the show for me, followed closely by the location, house and gardens. I was in a standard double room which was very spacious, had a huge bathroom and great views out over the gardens. Although my visit was due to business, I wouldn't hesitate in returning with my family for a holiday stay. Great hotel, and once again, the food is fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2011

This is a delightful country house hotel in a very quiet area. The rooms are very spacious - i had booked a standard room and it was far larger than most hotel rooms, as was the very large ensuite. The rooms are well thought out (touches included home made biscuits in the bedroom, and fresh milk in the bedroom fridge for tea/coffee). The gardens and communal rooms are excellent, and the food was very good.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Everything wonderful. Hotel, food, staff and location could not have been better. We had a beautiful room that was huge, the only reason I have given sleep quality four was because we ate so much of the delicious food it was difficult to sleep, nothing to do with the quality of the bed. Would certainly stay again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hipnhappy
Reviewed 15 September 2010

My friend got married at goldstone hall in may and my daughter was bridesmaid.
The ceremony was held in the new oak pavillion which was situated in the beautiful hotel gardens.The gardens are truly wonderful and I have never seen such lovely unusual plants and trees,they even have their own fruit and veg garden.The garden was lit up at night with lanterns and was just perfect.
All the rooms in the hotel were booked by our wedding party so we saw quite a few of them.The rooms were very large,really clean, decorated to a very high standard,beautiful beds,big bathrooms and everything you would need .
The wedding food was excellent and the breakfast the following morning was a pleasure,You could choose how you wanted your egg,what type of sausage and bacon etc and all free range .The jams etc were all home made and they even had the honey on the honeycomb,plenty of fresh fruit and much more.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2009

Quiet location which can be hard to find in the dark. Very welcoming front hall where you sign in and are shown all the way to your room by switched on staff. Rooms are spacious and have Sky TV, plenty of bottled water, tea and coffee. Robes in the bathroom and high standard of decor/antique furnishings and fabrics. The beds are extremely comfortable. Dinner menu is good and there is also a lighter menu and food quality is generally excellent. I stayed here on business but would be quite happy to stay here for a short break or weekend away. I would not take the kids!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
#7 of 21 in Telford
The Raven Hotel & Restaurant
The Raven Hotel & Restaurant
#1 of 2 in Much Wenlock

Been to Goldstone Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!