“Perfect Wedding Week-end”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Market Drayton
Goldstone Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Market Drayton
Birmingham
“Perfect Wedding Week-end”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Our niece was getting married at Goldstone and we decided to 'make a week-end of it' and stayed the night before.
We arrived in torrential rain (great fun getting THE frock etc out of the car!) but by the time everything was unloaded and we were ensconced in our beautiful bedroom, everything was fine. We were in Westcott, a huge and very charming room overlooking the gardens. The bathroom (with large tub and shower cubicle) and Gilchrist and Soames toiletries was lovely - a real feeling of luxury.
We ate in the restaurant and the food was true gourmet cuisine.
The staff cannot be faulted and big thanks to 'the girls' who kept my husband supplied with coffee (and beer!) as he waited until 4am for 'surprise guests' on a much delayed flight.
Next morning: perfect weather and the day went without a hitch, thanks to John and his staff. The ceremony took place in The Oak Pavilion and it was very special, once again, a big thanks to staff who quickly supplied more seating when several 'evening' guests attended the ceremony as well. There were plenty of canapes and we were kept well-supplied with Pimms as the photos were taken!
The meal itself was lovely as was the evening 'do' (a hog roast) and everyone enjoyed wandering around the gardens (great for the children, too - to 'let off steam')
We 'had taken over the hotel' and the next morning we had a leisurely breakfast together and another wander round the gardens.
It was a perefect week-end and I think we need to go back again to really enjoy the hotel without the distraction of a wedding!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank A.B.GBirmingham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Perfect setting and decor everything one imagines of an English Country House
We went for a wedding, everything was perfect and the food was the best I have eaten at a wedding feast.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed here for 1 night in a deluxe room. Fantastic room with amazing bed and bathroom. Only downside is the bathroom floor was cold and they do not provide slippers. A member of staff informed me that there is underfloor heating but the management has not deemed it cold enough yet to put it on(it was November)! The gardens are beautiful and we had a pleasant walk. We had afternoon tea in the bar - selection was very good. The door from the bar to the kitchens was left open and we had to listen to the staff conversations - it would have been nice to have music to listen to instead. Evening meal was ok but I expected better for the price. The atmosphere was stuffy and uncomfortable, again no music. The steak was not the best quality and everything was too salty. The staff look scruffy - more like coffee shop staff than a high class restaurant - service was friendly just not professional. I don't like to be so negative as it really is a beautiful hotel but it is also very expensive. It is 5 star prices but not 5 star standard in the restaurant.I would stay again or attend a function there but would not go for a romantic meal.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I stayed at Goldstone Hall for two nights. I can honestly say it is the best two nights I have stayed anywhere in the UK! The staff are lovely, very welcoming, polite and helpful. The atmosphere in this tranquil, ruraly located Hotel is wonderful. The peaceful garden is just wonderful to walk around.
The food is superb. I had some beautiful plaice one night, the other night I had roast beef which was utterly delicious.

If you are ever in Shropshire you must take time to visit Goldstone, the heart of Britain!

Room Tip: They're all lovelt so I wouldnt mind any!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
sussex
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We found Goldstone Hall by chance whent rying to find somewhere to take my parents for my Mothers Birthday for a meal and stop over. We were not disappointed from booking through to checking out the experience was excellent. The rooms were lovely with a homely feel and the evening meal and breakfast top class.
We will definitely stay again as it was not only convenient but also very restful.
All the staff were courteous and helpful.
Well Done Goldstone

Room Tip: Get a room that faces East as the sunrise was amazing over the hills.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2011

One of the best hotels i have been too. Very personal, friendly and professional staff that repeatidly delivered to expectation, sometimes more so.

The larger rooms are lovely, home made cookies are provided with Sky Television with Sky Sports package included. Recommend room 9.There is a big snooker table that you can play on if you so wish. The grounds are lovely but it is slightly remote, positive and negative.

The food is very good, breakfasts are excellent with a great selection to choose from. Slight comment that service can be a little slow but not a disaster. Overall, it is slightly expensive but its worth it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I came to Goldstone Hall Hotel as I was doing business in nearby Newport. What a lovely surprise! The staff were so friendly and accommodating and made guests feel so at home and welcome.

The hotel room (I'd been upgraded) was simply gorgeous with a massive and comfortable bed, flatscreen TV and lovely lighting. The bathroom was undoutedly the piece de resistance with a huge walk-in shower, deep bath and high-quality soaps and body washes.

Outside, I enjoyed a drink overlooking the surrounding countryside - so welcome to enjoy such a relaxing ambience. Although I ate alone the staff made me feel welcome and gave a great table (unusual if you are a woman travelling alone) and the meal I had was fantastic. The steak was cooked to perfection - and I'm fussy - and the veggies were equally delicious.

Although I only stayed one night, and, unfortuantely on business, I will ensure that I return but this time with my husband for a romantic weekend! Congratulations to all the staff!

Room Tip: They are all nice!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
#2 of 16 in Shrewsbury
Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa
Old Rectory Hotel
The Mytton and Mermaid Hotel

Been to Goldstone Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!