“Always excellent”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Market Drayton
Goldstone Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Market Drayton
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Always excellent”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stay at Goldstone 1 night each year. It is always excellent and this year was no exception. The greeting as you arrive is great, the hotel feels warm and friendly straight away. The rooms are first class. The food was spot on. There were 8 of us in our group, we all had 3 courses, and every plate was cleared. The hotel was decorated for Christmas and looked great. Hope we continue to use Goldstone in the future.

Room Tip: As for a room not next to the snooker table.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Alaior, Spain
Reviewed 8 December 2012

An association of which I am Chairman booked a conference room here for a regional meeting. It was a bitterly cold day and as we entered from the car park, it was heart lifting that the first thing we saw was a blazing log fire. We had requested seating for 15 but we had more attendees than we expected. This was no problem to the hotel's staff who immediately found more chairs and extra cups for the welcoming tea and coffee. In addition to some excellent biscuits, there was a plate of toasted bacon sandwiches!

The conference table had bottles of still and sparkling mineral water, a bowl of excellent lemon sherbert sweets and small bowls of nuts and dried fruits. The wonderfuly warm and cheerful greeting it was certainly responsible for a very convivial and positive meeting.

We finished 30 minutes earlier than expected, and once again the staff were not phased. Within 10 minutes they had quickly set out a hot food buffet with an excellent choice of main dishes and deserts. I am a vegetarian and was delighted to see a very tasty mushroom stroganoff and my life was made complete when this was followed by a brilliant bread and butter pudding.

This was hospitality at its very best. A beautiful venue, quiet, efficient staff, a delightfully welcoming atmosphere with great attention to detail, and excellent food. I can't praise Goldstone Hall Hotel highly enough, my only regret was that I wasn't staying there so I could experience more of their hospitality. It certainly won't be my last visit.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Had not eaten at Goldstone for a number of years so when friends invited me for Sunday lunch
I wondered if it would be as good as I remembered. It certainly didn't disappoint!!!
Two of us had the roast beef which was perfectly cooked together with great 'yorkshires' and selection of seasonal vegetables. Two others had roast pork which again was excellent with crispy crackling. Excellent!! with room left for puddings. Lovely ambience with attentive staff.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ruth B
Rhu, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We had our wedding day at Goldstone Hall in September 2012. All the way through the planning, we were fully supported and cared for and had real fun with John and Sue organising it. We knew Goldstone was where we wanted to marry from the very first time we saw it - it truly is a special place.

Our wedding day was amazing, the staff couldn't do enough for us and nobody went without, yet we never seemed to see them, which is a really nice balance. The service was special and unique, food was wonderful, drinks were great and we filled the hotel with guests which made it feel really intimate for us. My room in particular was enormous and comfortable and I had a lovely pre wedding night sleep!

Overall, I would 100% recommend visiting here - we will definitely return for an anniversary etc.

The only thing I would say is the bar is expensive so be careful what you put on your bill - we had a few husbands in trouble with their wives the next morning after raiding the bar for Port! Enjoy :)

Room Tip: Go for a superior - well worth the extra £
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Laura H
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 1 night stay at this fantastic Georgian style boutique hotel. It was a birthday treat for me. Upon arrival we were greeted at the door. There was a lovely open fire, wooden floors and traditional furniture.
We started with a delicious afternoon tea with homemade cakes and scones which were still warm, they smelt and tasted beautiful. We then went to our room. It had a large oak bed, loads of space, french windows and was spotlessley clean. There was a large spacious bathroom. Each room is individually styled. There were even homemade biscuits in a jar in our room, and bath robes and slippers in the bathroom!
We later had dinner in the restaurant. The hotel had made a real effort for my birthday, and had tastefully decorated our dinner table with glitter and little sparkly beads. Another couple were celebrating their pearl wedding anniversary, and their table had been decorated with little pearlised decorations. The staff were all so professional and friendly, and every member of staff took great care and effort with every task. They even wore little white gloves to serve the food! (I have never experienced anything as special before!) Our meal was superb. I am vegetarian and had no trouble finding things on the menu to eat. They even offered to make other items which were not on the menu if I didn't like the menu item.
The place is so clean and cared for, and really made for a special weekend. The staff were so helpful and attentive - I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed here for one night on business when our usual hotel was fully booked. Its a bit out of the way and hard to find, but is a really good little find.

Its a small friendly hotel so doesn't have your typical check in desk etc, so you feel a bit like you shouldn't be there until you get used to the place. Its a bit of a maze in side but the rooms are very well furnished and decorated with some nice little touches like home made cookies in a jar in the room.

Didn't eat evening meal or drink in the hotel but the restaurant looked busy when I left. Breakfast was excellent but they cook everything for you freshly so as I was in a hurry I just took the continental breakfast which was lovely - home made cereals, bread and Jam.

Would be a nice peaceful place to go for a weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Shropshire
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had afternoon tea at the hotel as a birthday gift. The hotel setting is lovely with the rolling hills and well maintained gardens.
We were made feel very welcome by Amber and seated in front of a log fire in the study.
The cake stand of sandwiches and cakes was a delight, washed down by speciality teas of your choice.
It is a treat worth doing for a special one

• Stayed October 2012
The Mytton and Mermaid Hotel
Rowton Castle
Rowton Castle
#1 of 1 in Halfway House

Been to Goldstone Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!