All reviews afternoon tea scones wedding venue attention to detail sunday lunch kitchen garden petit fours first class country house pre dinner drinks lovely surroundings hidden gem on arrival birthday card cream tea staff attentive sky tv
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Went for afternoon tea a few days ago. It is such a lovely setting. The afternoon tea was really lovely.Plenty to choose from and well presented. The staff were really helpful and polite, nothing was any trouble.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We had to head down to London on a last minute trip and decide to stop off halfway. I wish we’d stayed longer. We arrived late at night and the staff couldn’t have been kinder. There had been a dinner on and it as clear that everyone wanted home but the willingness and welcoming smiles we got when we asked for toast and tea quite staggered us. The room itself exceeded all expectations. Breakfast was memorable. I take my black pudding seriously and if I’m candid it’s more often than not a let down. This one was a blinder. A showstoppingly good one. The proprietor is an extremely jovial sort and youn can tell he takes his hostelry seriously. Full marks here.
We’ll be going back. I

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank EdinburghRoryH
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Fabulous country house hotel with great service and excellent food. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable with lots of little extras like freshly ground coffee on the hospitality tray. Beautifully kept gardens. The perfect place to catch up with some very special friends.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I was taken too Goldstone, by friends, for afternoon tea. We were placed on a table in a corridor outside the toilet entrance. I should have seen this as an omen. The sandwiches, I can only surmise, were made too early as the bread had become hard on the surface. Considering the lovely areas to be seated at Goldstone, I was sorely disappointed, I was not surprised by the standard of food though, I have been on a number of occasions for various charity events and weddings and have been disappointed on more occasions than not.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank Sharon G
Goldstone H, Owner at Goldstone Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Reader

This is Sharon G’s second mediocre review of Goldstone within 4 months. It sort of begs the question why she persists in visiting us as clearly she does not like us or the place.

Anyway since her last visit in December, the only afternoon tea that we have served in the Bar was to three ladies on the weekend of the Beast. We served afternoon tea there because our Easterly facing Orangery would be cold and the outlook somewhat bleak as the Siberian gale battered the garden and the house. The three ladies enjoyed their afternoon tea and Prosecco over three and a half hours.

If it is a corridor it is quite a wide one.

We are more than happy to discuss any issues of a stay or visit because this helps us to improve. The cloak of anonymity is frustrating and apart from venting two spleens hers and mine for penning the reply it doesn’t really help either of us in any practical way. However, there could be a glass of Prosecco in it for you taking the trouble to read this.

By the way the garden is looking fantastic at the moment with the Laburnum walk in full bloom and the roses starting to flower spectacularly. The Easterly beast may have chilled the orangery but it certainly has made the plants produce a mass of buds and blooms so the garden is looking very well. And our Chefs are poised ready to cut and prepare the freshest sandwiches. This is a great way to spend an hour or so in an afternoon.

Here is our afternoon tea;

Today our sandwiches are egg mayonnaise, Cheddar and homemade chutney, smoked salmon, pickled cucumber with cream cheese and roast sirloin of beef and Goldstone horseradish.

With a leek and Parmesan tart, warm pork apple & sage sausage roll and a smoked salmon, chive cream cheese blini with chocolate éclair, carrot cake and lemon curd tart.

Followed by homemade fruit scone, Goldstone fruit preserve, Shropshire whipped cream for £24 per person.

All served with our selection of 24 teas, coffees and hot chocolate.

To book give us a call 01630 661202 or email enquiries@goldstonehall.com and as an offer if you say Sharon G when you book in June 2018 we will serve you a complimentary glass of well chilled Prosecco with your afternoon tea.

Regards and here’s to a glass of fizz with Sharon G,

John, Sue, Victoria, Katie and all the Goldstone team.

Ps Sharon, I am more than happy to discuss your issues, perhaps you would like to give me a call, 01630 661202.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my family attended here for a birthday Sunday lunch. The setting is beautiful and the staff are very attentive and polite. We were shown into one of the lounges where we had drinks before being taken through to our table for lunch. Lunch was a 4 course meal and I couldn’t fault any of it. I had a salmon starter, roast beef main, followed by a lemon tart from the pudding trolley. We were then offered coffee and petit fours which we were ordered and were then asked if we’d like to stay at the dinner table or proceed back to the lounge and our coffees would be brought to us. We took that option. I loved how they were in no rush to get rid of us. We ended up being there for almost 3.5 hours in total from start to finish. We were there for my birthday lunch with my family and the small touches were also well received for instance on my dinner table was a birthday card from the hotel for me, and also I was given a happy birthday decorated plate for my dessert to be eaten from. Lovely gestures which were well revived, thanks!

Date of stay: April 2018