“My perfect wedding venue”
Review of Tern Hill Hall

Tern Hill Hall
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Market Drayton
cheshire
“My perfect wedding venue”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

My first thoughts when searching for wedding venues was "oh no not Tern Hill " rather drab ! I wasn't aware of the new owners and refurbishment at the time. How wrong I could be!
We arrived without an appointment and nothing was too much trouble for Laura and her team ,my partner and I were taken on a tour of their new orangery, bridal suite,and dining room and I was speechless
The decor is classy, contempory , and chic and we instantly fell in love with the place.
Laura and her team are flexible and accommodating to our requests.
For me it is important to feel that you can trust someone to take care of your big day, my partner and I can not wait to spend our special day at Tern Hill Hall xx

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I opted for the vegetarian menu which was first rate, the other three diners had a wonderful selection of meat main courses. Breads and sweets were delicious too and the cheese board superb. The price per head wasn't a crazy one, under £20 per head.
I note others have said the vegetables were underdone, I hate underdone vegetables, but ours were fine...I wonder if two chefs operate? Maybe an idea to ask for for more well done veg if that is the case.
The hotel decor is modern, tasteful and most relaxing.
Would certainly return if ever that way again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank julietaylor007
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My parents and I visited for Sunday lunch recently and were very disappointed with the food : the beef was undercooked and not very tender and the vegetables the same, we asked for new veg but unfortunately they were still hard, and by the time they arrived the rest of our meal was getting cold. The desserts we ordered were obviously not homemade and we missed some of our old favourites from earlier visits, especially the cheeseboard, it would be nice to have a selection of ices too. Also my sticky toffee pudding wasn't served with cream or ice cream which I would have expected, although a jug of cream arrived when requested.

The staff were polite but we didn't find some of them very warm or friendly, they seemed very young and inexperienced which didn't create a relaxing atmosphere.

We have always enjoyed coming here regularly in the past and appreciated the warm welcome, friendly staff and good food, sadly these were all missing on our last visit and I'm not sure that we will come again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Redrose515
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant as an early family lunch, there were 7 adults and 4 children.
The bar area is very nice although quite small and, sadly as is more often the case these days, they have a second rate soft drink selection (ie. not Coca-Cola). The beer was good though and the service very good. I used to go to this place as a teenager for parties and they've done a great job of renovating it. The toilets are a treat, an important area and often ignored.
So for the food; the table we had wasn't really big enough and the side plates needed to be put in the middle if the table to make room for the food plates. We had bread plates but no bread came and only some appeared when I requested it for the person eating soup. The food was good I have to say but small things matter. I had the pate which came as a generous portion but with only two small pieces of toast. I had to ask for more toast which came but all of the tables around us also had to request more, why didn't they learn.
All in all the experience was good, service very good and the beer great. I will try again in 6 months or so when they've sorted out the small things.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Gregory B
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We recently stayed at the Tern Hill for a Christmas party.
We opted to stay in one of the rooms for £50 that hasn't been updated yet. I found this to be very good value for £25 per head with breakfast included, that was cooked fresh and very good quality.
We attended a dinner dance in the new extension and even though there were a lot of people attending the service was excellent. In fact from check in to check out, all of the staff were very friendly and proficient.
I would certainly use this hotel again.
The only negative and this is being picky to the extreme is that the vegetables for the main coarse were under cooked slightly and hard.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

First time I had been to Ternhill Hall for a wedding reception and it was fantasic.We were greeted by friendly faces and a lovely venue.The food was excellent and so was the service.We were treated to live music from a great house band.Thank you Ternhill Hall for a special day.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marcus W
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had not been to Tern Hill for Sunday lunch for a few years but after reading that it had been refurbished we decided to book and have a look. It was well worth it. The alterations were very impressive with a large extension for the perfect wedding. The food was fresh and of a very good quality. There was only one problem. A table for four was quite small and as there was no silver service the vegetables etc were placed on the table where they could fit. Even so it was a beautiful lunch in modern surroundings.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Tracey M, Owner at Tern Hill Hall, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased you decided to come back and have a look at the changes that have been made to the hotel. In terms of your table size, we will bare this in mind for future bookings. We decided not to do silver service at the hotel as we encourage a more relaxed atmosphere for families to dine in. We look forward to seeing you again at the hall.
Kindest Regards
#1 of 1 in Weston-under-Redcastle
Wychwood Park Hotel
Wychwood Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Weston

Been to Tern Hill Hall? Share your experiences!