“Visiting Evangelion World attraction” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 43 things to do in Fujiyoshida
tokyo
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Visiting Evangelion World attraction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

After our visit to the Fuji, we entered Fuji-Q to visit the attraction "Evangelion World", we like the anime and found the attraction very good. We only paid an entrance fee to the park + evangelion ticket

Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Perth, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great day trip out of Tokyo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We (2 adults and 2 kids aged 9 and 12) took a day-trip using the Q-pack (bus from Shinjinku West Bus Terminal and park entry fee) yesterday. It was a long day, but well worth it. In terms of specifics:
- My son (12) had come across Takabisha and Fujirama on u-tube as part of our trip planning, but was really nervous as they were much bigger / faster coasters than he was used to. Turns out he loved Takabisha, wasn't that keen on Fujirama and didn't want to try Eejanaika. My son loved Takabisha, as did I. I really liked Fujirama but my son not so fussed, it is a bit more rattly than Taka and doesnt go upside-down, but we both looked wind-swept after the first decent! I tried Eejanaika, and it was awesome! Unfortunately Dodopna was out of service, so can't comment on that one. My daughter is not so adventurous, so she and my son had great fun on the Mad Mouse and Thomas coaster, as well as a variety of other 'tame' rides like the Ferris wheel and paddle boats.
- The queues get lots of write-up, so my take on it is that for a Monday mid-summer on a cloudy day with intermittent showers, the queues were not too bad. We waited less than 5 mins sometimes for Takabisha (got to ride it 5 times), Fujirama (only once, wait was around 45mins) and Eejanaika about 90mins. As with all theme parks, you get most rides done in the first 60mins and last 60 mins that the park is open. And while it was raining and the coasters were shut, there were enough other tame rides to keep us busy (you dont want to be on a coaster doing 160km/h in the rain anyway, it hurts!)
- The staff on Takabisha were a bit 'up tight' and were absolutely resolute that they would decide who got to ride the front row. We got lucky only once, definetly the best spot for the 121deg drop, but it would be good if staff could lighten up a bit, especially when the queue is really short. Same for the splash-down ride, the grumpy old coote running that ride forced us all out of the boat and back around the corral even though no-one was waiting and everyone on the boat wanted to go again - there was no need for him to be so grumpy.
- One really good thing was that each of the coasters had free lockers to empty your pockets before riding, so no need to risk phones / keys / tickets falling out - and well they could given those coasters!!!
- The bus there / back was a ball-ache to book since we dont speak Japanese and the online booking system doesnt have an English option, and the Tokyo Tourist Info Centre near the Tokyo station wouldnt / couldnt book for us. But we made the booking the day before OK from the Shinjinku West Bus Station (2nd floor - took some finding!). But the bus ride was an interesting chance to see some of the countryside and mountains around Tokyo. Traffic a bit slow on the way home, so about 20mins late back.
- Food-wise, we ate in the French cafe in the fake French village just outside the park. Its a weird place, but the food was as 'real' as it gets for a theme park and the bagguette was crusty, the soup hot and the coffee MUCH better than the muck available 'inside' the park. Seems to all be part of the same complex, so there was no issue getting a stamp and ducking out for lunch.
- I mentioned the weather being cloudy and a few showers. So no sight whatsoever of Mount Fuji-san, so seeing / climbing that will have to wait another day...

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Terry G
Honolulu, Hawaii
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Best Coasters in Japan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Go early and you should be able to ride all of the main coasters. If you have small kids stay at Tokyo Disney. If you have teenagers, skip Disney and go here. Everyone will have a great time riding some of the steepest, fastest, and loop coasters in the world.

Remember, you go here for the thrill rides so don't expect real nice facilities or extra amenities.

If possible go during a weekday and stay away from holiday periods unless you like standing in 2-3 hr lines. On our latest, July 2014, visit we went midweek, before summer school break so while we still had some lines we were still able to ride all we wanted by the 5pm closing.

3 Thank Steve T
Solo, Indonesia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Speechless! unexpected great exp at Fuji-Q”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I only have 7 effective days when i go on my trip to japan..so, i only spend 1 night to see mt.fuji from kawaguchiko and around..(arrived at night, n go back at afternoon to tokyo) this make me regret, i dont know fuji-q highland is very fantastic with more than 5 roller coasters and it's so out of my imagination..other rides are also make my adrenaline going highhhh...this amusement is suit for they who want extreme rides..u must go there if u have chance!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank meliantha s
Tokyo, Japan
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect for roller coaster lovers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had never seen such crazy coasters, amazing!!!... Actually we went there with our little kids to Thomas land and Gaspard et Liza park. They loved it and we did too as we did not queue :-) So adults and kids can find their happiness.

Visited June 2014