Hotel Al Soffiador
  • Restaurant
Olga(Venice)
Hotel Ca' d'Oro(Venice)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmain islandvaporetto rideyogurtsmall hotelcold cutsboiled eggsroom was cleanmin walkwater taxikeysdeskveniceeuropecheesebridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Overall comfortable stay, conditions were ok and dark as our room was on the ground floor (room 6), sparsley decorated as is italian style (NO VIEWS, different from photographs). Located for a relaxing get away from busy Venice. They tried to double charge us when we left so have a reciept of your payment.
The room had dead spiders on the lamps but didnt bother us. Nice breakfast and provided anti mosquito plugged repelant. No new towels, they pic up the ones you already have. The matress was confortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Overall the hotel is fair- I wouldn't stay again and wouldn't recommend it to friends or family but I also didn't have to bring my own disinfectant along. The room we had was one the small side but not too bad. The positives: it was quiet, easy to find, was a little bit cheaper than hotels on the main island and the rate included breakfast. The negatives: breakfast was a croissant and coffee and was served grudgingly, room had a strong mothball/disinfectant spray, staff repeatedly opened the windows which led to mosquito attacks, bare minimum in housekeeping, staff not available. This is a two star hotel but I still expect that I should be able to find an employee if I need something or if I want to check out. I also expect that towels placed on the floor will be replaced with clean ones. Ours were taken off the floor and hung back up. I dont' expect clean towels every day but I have never had dirty towels picked off the floor off the bathroom and hung back up. I would've complained but I couldn't find any employees.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JilgesAway
Reviewed 19 November 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Al Soffiador for five nights whilst visiting the Venice Biennale. I had asked for a ground floor room as my wife has trouble with stairs and we were given Room 7 which is on the ground floor, large and with a decent sized bathroom.

The furnishings and equipment were not new, but the room was clean and comfortable and everything worked. The owners were charming and helpful. Breakfast was fine with cheese pread, ham and yogurt in addition to the usual continental breakfast fare.

The hotel's situation is excellent, just a couple of minutes walk from the Faro vaporetto stop on Murano, the island famous for its glass foundries. The vaporetto ride from Fundamento Nove on Venice takes between 10 and 20 minutes depending which route round Murano the boat takes. There is a boat ever 10 minutes approx. and they run late into the night. There is something lovely about being on Murano at night when all the tourists who come out to visit the glass factories have gone back.

All in all an excellent experience

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisLutonUK
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I work in the hotel industry and can realy recommend this hotel. The furniture is not up to date but everything is clean. Our room had the most romatic seling with wood showing. The staff takes care of you.

If you look at the price this hotel is worth every penny!!!! Breakfast is included and Mureno as an island is beuteful with its worldfamous glasblowing!!
It was also nice to stay away from the centre of Venece where its hectic 24 h a day. Mureno is more quiet.

The hotel is located 20 min with the vaparetto (boatbuses) from the centre of venece and the boats go every 5 min. Take line to mureno and get of at station Faro and you will see the hotel. Real easy and an adventure!

WE WILL STAY AGAIN SOMEDAY!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2009

Our room (No5 ) at Al Soffiador was OK - very basic but clean. The bathroom was very small and you almost fell onto the bed when you opened the door, but nevertheless for a 2-star hotel it was fine. We liked the location - easy walking distance from the boat bus and nice to stay away from the crowds in Venice. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was OK - nothing special but adequate. We chose the hotel because we wanted to stay on Murano and would probably return. Just be warned that everything closes very early on Murano! We found ourselves in a restaurant with everything closing up around us.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple