“perfect location for exploring the area - next to historic center”
Review of Hotel Eurossola

Hotel Eurossola
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Domodossola
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Eurossola for 3 nights last June and really enjoyed our stay. We had our bicycles and explored the area cycling and walking (the train across the street takes you to an upper valley from which you can hike village to village and take the train back - lovely!). It is also next to the historic center of the town with its pedestrian alleys and cafes. This is a family run hotel and it shows! Very friendly staff/owners. We plan to return next year to explore more of the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lise F

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, the hotel owners were so friendly, and went out of their way to help us (printing our boarding cards/helping us track down long lost relatives! etc)
overall, the food was excellent, rooms spacious and lean, location was fantastic (right next to both the train and bus stations) and excellent value fr money.
Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Drumtoshies
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This was another of my transit stays. I chose this hotel for its location across the street from the train station. It was one of the cheapest options in town. The rooms were decent with free wifi. Basically you get what you pay for. The front desk spoke decent English. They let me eat before the official breakfast opening time because I had a train to catch. The breakfast was good and the decor and atmosphere are nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Zoglets
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night while travelling through Italy.
The hotel is very central, adjacent to the bus station and opposite the railway station.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
The room was very spacious.
The breakfast was very basic with no hot food available.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NormanND
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed here for 1 night only - but was waiting for my train so that I can get away quickly.
The only plus point is the location - hardly 100 meters from the train station. However, this is where the postives end. The reception lady could not speak english at all - had difficult time explaining the details. The lift is so small that it feels like not even 2 people can go in. I had difficulties moving one suticase and myself in the lift. Room is very small - though the bathroom and big by comparison. Heater did not work in bathroom - linen was smelling and even the hand wash lotion felt so itcy that my family developed rashes. The breakfast was plain simple - everything is the breakfast was packed food - nothing prepared fresh - even the Crossiants!
And I could not complain since nobody could understand english! So i just waited for the night to finish.

Room Tip: Stay in this hotel if absolutely necessary! No point blowing up 120 EUR for one nighter!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ManjuV123
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I have stayed at the Eurossola several times, which says something in itself. The staff are friendly; the rooms comfortable, quiet and warm in winter. Breakfast is good. The hotel is actually situated right opposite the train station and next to the bus station. Noise however was not a problem, but it does mean that you can easily get to anywhere you would like to visit, which is really great.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank kahanamoku
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My wife and I arrived in Domodossola, crossed the piazza to Hotel Eurossolla. The trip from Brig through the Simplon was a hoot-the train was one of the oldest in the Swiss Railway fleet, first class only a slight upgrade from a cattle car. I like that kind of experience when traveling. Also I am partial to small town ambience. Domodossola fit the bill. Hotel Eurossola was great though the dinner in their restaurant seemed pricey. Our room was big city quality. Francesca was very helpful. I was ill so we needed to stay in Germany an extra night. We e-mailed Eurossola that our arrival would be delayed. No problem. She was knowledgable and shared that with us especially as it related to activities in the city and area. We walked around this lovely town joining the citizens in their passagieri. Breakfast was outstanding. I believe Francesca mentioned that Eurossola hosted members of the Italian National Ski Team during training. That would have been fun to see those athletes. In Turin we stayed in a hotel with AC Milan!
Because I was ill and needed to bed down after dinner, we missed the "Crazy Show" that night on the Piazza. It sounded like everyone attending the show was having so much fun.
My wife went to the front desk to request a wake-up call in the morning. No one understood her. Francesca had left for the day but it was one of those incidents that travelers can chuckle about as they reminisce about their trip. Someone must have figured it out because the wake-up call did arrive as requested in the morning!
I remember Domodossola fondly. Lovely town. Lovely people. Lovely location in the Italian Alps. Small town ambience. I wanted to stay on.

Room Tip: If unable to attend, find a room where you can hear the goings-on at the "Crazy Show."
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 66mygod
Also consider these accommodations in or near Domodossola
Hotel Corona
#3 of 12 in Domodossola
Bed & Breakfast Tiffany
Bed & Breakfast Tiffany
#1 of 12 in Domodossola

Been to Hotel Eurossola? Share your experiences!