“Disgusting customer service”

Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Diner, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run cafe`, coffeeshop, restaurant, and icecream parlour. 100 seats inside 100 outside, fantastic beachfront location with spectacular sunsets on a daily basis.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have never visited this restaurant before but called in the takeaway section with my husband for a quick cup of coffee. After queuing and asking for two coffees, I was asked for a table number. I explained that I didn't know as we hadn't sat down yet, but would be sitting outside (I pointed out a table). I was very abruptly and rudely dismissed by the man serving, who said I needed my table number before I could order. He then carried on serving the person behind me and just left me standing there. There was a large queue behind me and, apart from the fact I didn't have time to queue again, I felt quite upset at my treatment - I didn't see any signs saying that a table number was needed before ordering, but even if there were he could have taken my order and asked me to pop back with the number. I left feeling like I'd been treated like a naughty child and wish I'd said something at the time - this kind of rudeness is totally unnecessary and unacceptable. I certainly wouldn't recommend this place and wouldn't dream of going back.

3  Thank Heather D

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Went with friends and did not know what to expect. The place was heaving but we had booked a table and were served very quickly. The staff were friendly and efficient. The food was delicious. Good value. For a busy seaside venue it's great.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I Oderd a chicken and beckon wrap without mayo as I was eating if I found a long BLACK HAIR in my food they changed it and I said make sure it didn't have mayo in it so they changed it and it came back with mayo in the wrap as I'm elegiac to mayo I said instead of changing it and messing it up AGAIN could I have my money back and FairPlay they gave me my money back I WOULD NOT go there again

1  Thank Laura D
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family and I have visited Cafe Remo's on several occasions in the past year or so and in all honesty we have had some very enjoyable evenings. The food is of a high standard with a reasonable selection of meals to suit all tastes. keep an eye on the daily specials screen for some hidden gems.

It has a very good children's menu and a varied selection of tasty desserts. It's location is ideal for a relaxing stroll along the promenade after a pleasant meal.

Great night out for the family.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were on a very long journey home from South Wales and were looking for somewhere to lunch not too far from the M4...None of us had been to Port Talbot before so thought we'd check it out, and consulting the reviews for a place on the seafront we headed here. First impressions trying to find it were not good, all the family were whinging and I was really hoping this lunch was going to be ok! Unfortunately it wasn't warm enough to sit outside, and it's a shame that because of the design of the restaurant most the tables don't really have much of a sea view...anyway, having read Café Remo's Italian background I decided to try the homemade lasagne and it was lovely. I really enjoyed it and one of our very fussy family eaters thought her Ham, Egg and chips were also lovely (high praise indeed, trust me!) , obviously we had to try the homemade Italian Ice cream and that was very nice too...huge relief that our pit stop was a success!