“Somerset Arms Sker”

Ranked #21 of 88 Restaurants in Port Talbot
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Somerset Arms is a family run pub in the heart of Taibach. It's the perfect place to enjoy classic pub food and drink at affordable prices. Our bar/restaurant is suitable for all occasions with buffets catered for. We are family friendly, serving kids meals, we have a ramp entrance at the front to accommodate prams and wheelchairs and have baby changing facilities. We serve homemade meals with homemade chips (Peeled, chipped and cooked on premises!) We have recently introduced Real Ale, and frequently try guest ales. EXCITING NEWS After a lot of hard work we have just undergone a big refurbishment of our Restaurant! Come check it out!
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I went to the Somerset Arms for lunch today.We ordered two meals off the 2 for £8 selection and they were both really good, the portions were very generous and the side order of onion rings was very large. We thoroughly enjoyed it, unfortunately we were too full to sample a dessert. The staff were very friendly and helpful which all contributed to a very pleasant afternoon. Well done to all the staff..and we would recommend the Sker for its warm welcome, good food and very good value for money.

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Went there with my incredibly picky family. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. The meals were fantastic (and cheap - very good value) and all the food seemed to be freshly prepared. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming. I definitely recommend it here!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

The Sker has to be one of my favourite places to eat out in Port Talbot. Excellent choice of menu, and superb value for money. I visit at least once a month and am never disappointed. I love the interior, it is homely and cottage like and looks fabulous at Christmas time, however the bar could do with a redecoration! Staff are always lovely and friendly.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Excellent food great service. And friendly staff. Plenty of food reasonable pruces . Will definatly eat there again

Reviewed 30 June 2013

The interior is awful and dated, hardly any chairs match I think a tornado would improve it dramatically.