“excellent place”
Review of The Bell

The Bell
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maldon
The Bell
Ranked #4 of 11 Maldon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Excellent service, friendly staff, cleanness and location 5 star. I enjoyed every minute of my stay therefore would highly recommend this B&B to anyone wishing to stay in or around Maldon. It is 1 minute from the high street and easy access to get around in Essex. I loved the bed and my room, had fast internet connection and vide range of TV programs including the opportunity to watch DVD and movies. Also I had the opportunity to park in a locked garden over night. I stayed in Maldon due to business purposes but this place is perfect for family, friends and couples and well. Enjoy! Linda

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
lisbethbazzard, Owner at The Bell, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

My daughter and I wish you luck with your new job. We will miss you.

There are newer reviews for The Bell

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Recomended by the woman at the tourist information office and it was everything she said it would be. Sat Nav got us there from the postcode, after turning around in the vicarage car park we gave Liz a ring who promptly opened the huge garden gates and we were in. We had gone the extra and had room five. Lovely large bed with plenty of room to spread out. Liz was very friendly and helpful with advise on were to eat and made us both very welocme. Hard to do justice to the excellent breakfast after having a superb Indian but I still managed three of the local sausages !
The morning we just wonderd around the town and quay before carrying on our journey fully refreshed.

Room Tip: Room 5 is the bridal room, being very large with views to the church.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike B
lisbethbazzard, Owner at The Bell, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Happy Christmas. What a wonderful and fun year it has been. Thanks to all my interesting and lovely guests.

Liz

Reviewed 1 September 2012

I stayed one night at this excellent B & B at the end of August 2012. I highly recommend it. Liz, the owner, could not have been more hospitable and is delightful. I stayed in the large bedroom with bathroom en suite, which was beautiful, spotless, with views over Silver Street and the garden.I loved the top quality sheets on the very comfortable bed .Breakfast was a treat: freshly squeezed orange juice and I chose poached egg (soft just as I wanted) and bacon with toast and delicious home made marmalade. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank janejudith
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Needed to be in Witham early the next morning and Maldon is close by. Liz was very helpful with information, very friendly. Breakfast in the trompe d['oeil dining room was excellent. The house is like a tardis and packed full of interesting things. Bedroom Four was cosy and contained everything you could need. As you would expect with a house this old, the floorboards creaked like mad and the church bells next door could distract you, but I slept like a log. Lovely place and very convenient.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have now stayed at "The Bell" twice, and on both occasions have had a very comfortable and relaxing experience. Lis is a fantastic hostess who made me feel very welcome from the off. The award winning Breakfast is a must, and the house itself is beautiful, charming, and characterful. Would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter D
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed at The Bell for one night in July 2012. From booking the room, upgrading us because a cancellation came up, at no extra cost, to being so welcoming but unobtrusive, Liz, the owner was the perfect host. Charming and warm and the room was perfect. The Bell is well located for the harbour, good eating places, very central. Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gita m
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed one night here in July after watching county cricket in Chelmsford. I had not booked but rang the bell and Liz, the owner, was extremely welcoming and friendly. I didn't have an ensuite room but the bathroom was below the bedroom down some steps. The breakfast room is on the lower ground floor and the breakfast was one of the best I have had in a Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mjw1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maldon
The Limes
The White Horse
The White Horse
#2 of 11 in Maldon
Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes
Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester F...
#1 of 1 in Tolleshunt Knights

Been to The Bell? Share your experiences!