“A lovely hideaway, great coffee”

Request Coffee Shop The Tucked Away Cafe
Ranked #4 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Maldon
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Request Coffee Shop is a lovely little Coffee shop just off the main road in a peceful location. When the sun shines it is a great little suntrap with several tables outside on our patio area as well as indoor seating. We provide reasonably priced homecooked food Monday to Saturday and occassional Sundays. Visit us for all day breakfasts, an ever changing selection of lunchtime snacks and specials and lots of yummy cakes! We also have a large range of hot and cold drinks available. Our location is child friendly being off the main road and we provide highchairs and baby change facilities.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Loved the friendly atmosphere, the homemade food, and the lovely staff. Cosy and snug on a rainy day, tucked away from the chaos of the high street.

1  Thank scoobysam2

Reviewed 22 March 2014

such a lovely atmosphere in this little coffee shop really fresh and appealing menu and different specials on offer too!! its a little bit off the beaten track but omg well worth the slightly longer walk for scrummy food a very friendly service and all for what I Think a very good price especially for what you get in return well worth a look...

One of many very happy customers :)

1  Thank Jo T
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Thank you trip advisor for us finding this wonderful small but perfectly formed coffee shop / cafe, serving delicious coffee and soooper cakes & scones.

The cafe is a little off the main road but a must to be found for great coffee & something to eat.

We were warmly welcomed by the owners who are also the staff and they provided excellent service as they know what friendly and efficient service means to their customers.

The cafe is exceptionally clean and they provide very good food whether it’s a snack or a light lunch and I would recommend if you're in Maldon at any time to visit this wonderful cafe.

2  Thank waller50
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We visited the Request Coffee Shop during a visit to Maldon. We were in Maldon for the Xmas market, but I got it wrong and was about four hours to early. So we had a walk around the town.

The weather was a little chilly so we decided to pop into this nice little coffee shop we saw in this sort of arcade, I can only say that I'm glad we did. As per the name "Request" I requested a sausage roll, sorry the owner said we're all out, BUT I can make you a sausage in a baguette, that'll do fine says I. Our drinks arrived followed very shortly by the sausage baguette, all very tasty.

We stayed for a little while and chatted to the owners about various trips we had made recently and laughed about my mistake with the timing of our visit for the market, a very friendly couple and a nice little chat, something you don't see much of nowadays. The prices are more than acceptable and the Request is very clean.

My photos do not do the Request justice, the lens is not a wide angle lens, so I could not get far enough back to capture it better, best thing to do is, go check it out yourselves !!!

I don't think the Request has it's own website, but I've listed a site where they are on.

I would recommend if you're in Maldon at any time pop in for a drink and a SAUSAGE BAGUETTE, highly recommended.

1  Thank bigalw35
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was just in town, having a look about, and fancied something warm inside me. So, passing by chance, I found this cheeky little café-come-lounge. And to quote that bird from the nescafe adverts circa 180's, "Delicious Coffee!" Seriously, they knock up a badger of a brew in here, really hit the spot. Couldn't decide between the cakes, so I had two! Nom Nom Nom! Left with that song in my head, "hey fatty bum bum" but totes worth it. Lovely scran. Nice staff, nice atmos, left here feeling like a pointed diamond. I will return (as I mime sweeping my cloak like Dracula) Whooooosh.

1  Thank eggyballs