“An enjoyable dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beckingham Bell

Beckingham Bell
Ranked #17 of 99 Restaurants in Maldon
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Traditional country pub set in a rural location with plenty of great features. We specialise in traditional country pub food. We have Fresh Fish on Fridays, eat in or takeaway. You will always get a friendly welcome and will enjoy our relaxed environment, you can sit in our sunroom overlooking the pond with its carp and ducks including the lovely ornate mandarin ducks, in the garden weather permitting or in the lounge near the fire. We have hard standing for caravans and coach parties welcome. We are open 7 days a week but no food served on Mondays.
Messing, United Kingdom
“An enjoyable dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Have eaten at The Bell numberous times over the last 18 months. The food is consistently of a high standard with seasonal and local produce on the menu and everything is home made - even down to the excellent condiments (fantastic ketchup and chilli sauce!). Shaun and Carol always make you feel welcome, the ambiance is so friendly. It is the quintessential English pub in a lovely rural Essex village!

1 Thank LauraShipton
Carol H, Owner at Beckingham Bell, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Many thanks for your review we are delighted you enjoyed your experience at the bell and look forward to welcoming you Bach soon.

Cheers

Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“To yummy to describe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I really love the odd gastro pub and when my wife and I were driving through when we came across this little gem. It was great to see the pub full of really happy looking locals, this is always a good sign.

You really get the impression that the owners of this place love to cook and the menu changes all the time (which I established when I was talking to the landlord). I had scallops and my wife had a burger with blue cheese and great chips.

They were both excellent. I love scallops and I could've eaten it again (and again).

The puddings were a good size and super tasty, I had Tiramisu and my wife had Bakewell Tart, both of which were homemade (I think, well they tasted like they were).

Will definitely go back when we are in the East again.

Carol H, Owner at Beckingham Bell, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Many thanks for your review we are very pleased you enjoyed your experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Yummy lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Today we stopped at The Bell for an unexpected lunch ....it had been recommended as a good place to eat with good menu choice.
Well we were very impressed with the food choice and level of cooking.
We shared a delicious creamy garlic mushroom starter which was lovely really fresh.... we both said we could have eaten one each simple yet delicious .
For our main course we both had fresh grilled kings prawns with a beautiful salad with a gorgeous dressing and fries.
The whole experience was really lovely and we will most certainly be returning and place it on our great places to eat with family and friends locally!
Can't guarantee the weather we were lucky today the was shining ..........

1 Thank Kay M
Carol H, Owner at Beckingham Bell, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Kay

Many thanks for your review we are really glad you enjoyed your visit. we hope to see in the near future, the menu changes next week so we should have some even more exciting dishes for you to try (alongside our classics)

Many Thanks
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Class Food and First Class Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is my first review on here as i felt obliged to post due to outstanding quality.

Having been to the usual restaurants with the family we wanted somewhere different and boy did we hit the jackpot with this place. Not only was the food delicious, it was reasonably priced and the staff were excellent. Going with the family can pose problems but this establishment had the perfect atmosphere that only made the locally produced food taste better. The food was so good i took the opportunity to purchase their own eggs which were of much better quality than you see at the supermarket.

This country pub comes with my full recommendation for both families and a quiet meal.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank CharlesP892014
Carol H, Owner at Beckingham Bell, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Charles,

Many Thanks for your review, it always makes a difference when people take time to leave positive feedback.

hopefully by the time we see you again we will have our pigs and sheep grazing in the field next to the chickens!

Many Thanks

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Took my family out for day and came across Beckingham Bell- what a find! Great Sunday Lunch, Great service and the little one absolutely galvanized her meal - including us! If you want great food menu choice, which is local fresh and cooked to perfection. Go to this place, you will not be disappointed. On another note, we have to say- while writing this I saw a review by someone else, I have to say either he or she does not know about great food or were just one of those miserable people...as everyone in the pub seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere and service.

Carol H, Owner at Beckingham Bell, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Delighted you enjoyed your visit and thank you for your positive comments. It's always great to get positive feedback.

Many thanks