The Townhouse Hotel
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$124
US$120
Travelocity
Best Western New Kent Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
Cairn Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$68
Priceline
George Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$101
US$98
Hotels.com
Carlton Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$56
The New Northumbria Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$96
Priceline
Caledonian Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
Hotels.com
Kenilworth Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$63
US$61
Dene Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$85
Jesmond Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgosforth high streetthe blue roomparking permitcomplimentary drink on arrivalvictoria spongelovely continental breakfastticked every boxlovely boutiquelarge bathlovely big bedcomplimentary glass of winesmall hotelfinger sandwichesbay windowflights of stairslovely roomboiled eggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Stayed at the Townhouse for my wedding night. Paid for the best level of room and the rooms really are fantastic. Very luxurious decor and the one I stayed in anyway was very spacious. Clearly with only one room with a bath, if having a bath in your room is an issue, make sure you specify! But neverless the wetrooms are large and nicely kitted out - travertine style, big wide sink etc. My main gripe about the stay was the service which is very changeable dependent on who you are dealing with. The first person I spoke to on booking and being shown round to check the standard of rooms, was excellent, clearly fantastic customer service, possibly many years experience in hotels (though not at this one as it's new). She was very accomodating and offered an early check in time so as not to affect my wedding day, which was great. However when I rang up to confirm this on the Wednesday, it was someone else and they could not guarantee this and had no record of it and told me to ring back on Saturday morning to confirm what time I could check in early if at all. On the Saturday I got the original receptionist and had no problems and booked in early as planned! As my wife has citrus allergies, I asked if there was any alternative toiletries available as all contained grapefruit. I was told they would try and replace them before I returned however they did not and gave no explanation. Milk in the room was fresh and unrefridgerated and thus had gone off in a hot room by the time I needed it.
Breakfast was okay, very standard, not exceptional but very edible. Ingredients seemed quite cheap, and if they were not they were not cooked to their best.
Be sure to ask for the parking permit as nowhere does it say they have them available until you ask.
All in all, my stay at the townhouse was all about the room which was amazing. A really top quality hotel room in a very nice building. They just need to get the little bits right that make a stay perfect.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2009

Myself and my boyfriend stayed in the hotel for a weekend away. We stayed in one of the smaller cheaper rooms which was nicely decorated with modern facilities. The hotel is obviously aiming for a high standard but there were a few details which detracted from the rooms quality, some marks on the walls toilet roll holder not attached properly. The room looked into a back ally into a garage workshop so we kept the blinds closed. It is a small hotel so you hear all the noise from reception and the cafe/restraunt. I am not complaining about the hotel though it was a nice room, lovely staff and the price was ok. The location for town centre isnt great, we tried to get a bus into town but gave up and payed the £5-7 instead.
Newcastle is a great town, mostly friendly and chatty and i recomend the waterfront for eating and nights out. The slug and lettace has a lovely view and quite good pub grub.

Reviewed 10 May 2009

Stayed here for a wedding just outside Newcastle. This hotel was a real find. Its situated on a quiet residential street but still close to the bars and restaurants of Gosforth.

We stayed in room 2 which was one of the smaller rooms. The room was tiny - the bed just fitted in - and we were directly above the kitchen so did get some noise in the morning. But the smell of coffee and bacon made up for that! There was no full length mirror but the owner did say that she was putting some in (they've not been open that long).

The decor is lovely, the bed extremely comfortable and the bed linen of high quality. There were some lovely touches like a flat screen tv, "proper" tea and coffee and an ipod docking station.

The bathroom was superb - very modern, lots of lovely towels etc and toiletries that were well worth taking away! Tons of hot water.

The public areas are equally well thought out. The bar / cafe is lovely and there is a little courtyard if the weather is good. Breakfasts were fantastic. We stayed for lunch as well. Everything is home made, not just home cooked! The hotel recommends Adrianos restaurant as I don't think it does full evening meals. We had one of our nicest meals there.

The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating.

We had a lovely stay at a fraction of the cost of staying in the centre. For the sake of a short taxi ride, stay here!

Oh - and if a chap called David is reading this. Thank you so much for commenting on my dress! You made me feel a million dollars and whenever I feel sad or unhappy, I think back to your kindness and it always cheers me up x

1  Thank GallopingLawyer
Reviewed 8 April 2009

Our recent stay at the Townhouse was a great pleasure. The hotel is elegant and stylish but also comfortable and welcoming. All the staff are very friendly without being intrusive and are helpful and efficient. The food is very good with great breakfasts. The rooms are lovely – especially the “lavish” ones!

Must also mention how tolerant they were of small children, without sacrificing the comfort for adults.

We all enjoyed our stay very much and will be back - and recommend it to others.