Our trip to Maldives was a surprise to my wife and it definitely turned out to be one of the best vacations for us till now. While the location itself is magnificent, our overall experience could not have been what it was without Adaaran Prestige Vadoo.
I selected this resort based on the pictures and description from Adaaran website, videos on YouTube and reviews from various other websites. I can say without any doubt that we were not disappointed in any way whatsoever. This turned out to be our second honeymoon trip; romaintc, relaxing and luxurious.
The Vadoo island is a short speedboat ride from Male International Airport. We rented a Sunset Water Villa and it was absolutely gorgeous. Sunset water villas were facing away from the resort island. They formed an arc with a view of another resort island in the distance on one side and the rest was Indian Ocean as far as the eye can see. The Adaaran resort island is about 2 acres in size (according to our butler) and had lots of stuff for luxury and fun. Following is a list of a few available amenities.
- Direct access to snorkeling in the lagoon both from the water villas and the island
- Private pool on the deck of each villa
- Common infiniti pool
- Massage parlor
- Multi cuisine restaurant
- Japanese restaurant
- Few bars
- Dance floor
- Volleyball court
- Free DVD rental
- Free snorkeling equipment rental
- Fitness center
Our room was clean and very well maintained. It was spacious and we loved the modern decor.
Staff and Service:
The hospitality of the staff at Adaaran Prestige Vadoo was undoubtedly one of the best we experienced among all of our vacations. Right from the moment we signed in at the airport after reaching Male, till we were dropped off at the end of our stay, everything was taken care of with personal care and professionalism.
We traveled all the way from New York and were completely exhausted on reaching the island at 10 AM. We requested an early check-in considering our situation. We were given a villa right away though the normal check-in time was 2 PM. Starting then, through out our stay, we thoroughly enjoyed the services the staff provided. Our butler used to bring fresh fruit and water to our villa every morning and chocolates in the evening. Bed was made and the towels were changed promptly every day. Bottom line --- our butler, the restaurant staff, massage folks, bartenders, boat crew who took us for the dolphin watching and everyone else involved made our stay that much more memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vadoo Island Resort is a gem in the Indian Ocean – with a difference. One of the smallest islands of the Maldives, Vadoo is not only the perfect place for scuba diving, but also for authentic Ayurveda treatments and therapy. Divers will love the house reef that is ideal for both scuba diving and snorkeling, as well as the numerous dive sites around Vadoo. Guests relax in luxurious over water bungalows, beach cottages or deluxe rooms, and spend their Maldives holiday in a natural environmental paradise, with many birds living on the island and a bountiful variety of marine life around it. Vadoo is the perfect place for a little different Maldive vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com and Southall Travel so you can book your Adaaran Prestige Vadoo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo Hotel South Male Atoll