“Take me back now!!”

Biyadhoo Island Resort
Reviewed 7 May 2013

What a wonderful holiday. Could not find fault with anything. Room spotlessly clean, food great, beach heaven on earth, the best snorkling I have ever done. This island is excellent value for money and anyone who moans could not have been in the same place! The staff are very friendly and Thomas the Kuoni rep was also only too pleased to give assistance if you needed it. I would not hesitate to recommend this island to anyone and will definitely be returning next year no doubt in my mind. All in all 10 out of 10 and now counting until I can return.

Room Tip: I was in room number 12 on the first floor and totally happy with everything.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank CubaSurrey

Reviewed 6 May 2013

This was our second visit to Biyadhoo, we flew direct with British airways, we arrived at Male and were soon on the speed boat, when we arrived it was like we hadn't left, we were all inclusive, the island hadn't changed in the year we had been away, and it was very nice that the chefs and bar staff all remembered us and were very pleased to see us again, were we're slightly disappointed to be in a top floor room as we had asked to be on the ground floor but a quick visit to reception and we were told we would be moved as soon as a room became available we stayed two nights and moved with no problems, much better as we could now walk straight onto the beach, both rooms were very clean and functional no problems with anything, we had asked for extra pillows on the first night and they were ready in our new room, I was slightly disappointed as this visit we didn't have the lovely patterns and flower displays on our bed, but I think this is luck of the draw with your room boy as other people we spoke with had there beds decorated everyday, whilst we were there we were asked if the maintenance could do some work on the balcony, this was carried out over a few days and didn't really affect us.

Our waiter Jobe was such a lovely person, he was telling us how lucky he was to live just 20 mins away from Biyadhoo on one of the local islands, we visited this Island and Jobe was there to meet us and to welcome us to his house and meet his family this was over and beyond what we expected, the island trip was an extra but was worth paying for to see the real Maldives.

The food was much the same as our first visit always something tasty to be found, we loved eating the fish and curries, and both need to loose some weight now. We also had a lobster dinner on the beach, well worth the money so much food you really don't need to eat lunch that day.

There certainly wasn't any shortage of sun beds and personally I now think there are far many, and the view when approaching Biyadhoo is spoiled, but this is just my opinion, and people still feel the need to go out at silly o'clock and claim their beds for the entire stay.

Whilst we were there there were so many repeating guests and the whole island had such a lovely friendly feel even more so than last year as you felt a bit like you were coming home, every time you would discuss what fish you had seen and whether or not you had seen the turtle,we were lucky to have seen so many different fish, turtles, sharks, octopus ,napoleon wrasse and yes that blooming menace the Titan trigger ( I am sure they get bigger every year) , just be careful as the current can change quite quickly, and we did see a couple need to have some help

Biyadhoo is very rustic as has been said so many times, but there is a feel about it that you don't seem to get at other islands yes they have televisions,and wi fi, (you can pay 5 dollars for 30 mins To use the computer in reception we found this much quicker than last year) and other mod cons, but if you want a true no news,no shoes,then go to Biyadhoo.

We have already booked to go again next year.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jeanette227
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The speed boat transfer took about 40 minutes, the breeze was refreshing as it was very hot when we arrived, arrived about 6pm, we was greeted by a cold towel and a drink, was not sure what to expect from the room but was pleasantly surprised, it was basic and clean, the bed was comfortable, there was no mould as mentioned on some of the other reviews, first night went to the bar which is right on the beach, so beautiful first night sat on the beach, could see every star in the sky.

You could walk around the island in 10 minutes, the scenery was stunning, the water was like a bath, saw a black tip shark first day whilst paddling came right in the shore, I recommend to get some reef walkers as the sand has bits of sharp coral, the house reef was excellent you can see so much, it is a good place to learn how to dive, I did a discover scuba diving which I do recommend.

The food I really liked was better then some 5 stars, I have stayed in, though I do like spicy food, if you like curry great, but they do have alternatives, maybe not a huge selection but you never go hungry. Can always get chicken fish, salad and rice. The drinks were nice,the red wine was palatable, was not keen on the white but saw lots of people drinking it, there was a selection of cocktails, beers, shorts and soft drinks.

The staff were friendly and professional, would check if you would like another drink. I did one excursion when I was there, the dolphin watching, did not see one dolphin. I had a massage which was very nice.

Ok should mention as no other reviews do they have UK sockets so you don't need to bring any adapters. No TV in the room but who cares, not going to sit in the room all day watching TV, Don't have wi fi but you can go online for $5 for 30 minute on the computer in the reception, I had a amazing time.

3  Thank lisa2002805
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I visited the island for the first time in April 2012 for 2 weeks and I returned this April for 3 weeks!! - 3 weeks in paradise. I travel alone and met some wonderful people from last year - hello to Lizzy & Neville, Linda & Ray Jenny & Ray and also made many new friends and all in all had a great time. All the staff are wonderful but a special mention goes to Monet my waiter and Anu in the bar for my afternoon sandwich and cup of tea and Zahir my roomboy for a spotless room and guest relations Ani who does enjoy dancing.The views from this island are stunning the sea is so very warm and clear, the early morning and late night visits to the jetty are a must - so much sea life. The weather was fantastic just a couple of showers during the day but for me it was a holiday of complete relaxation dancing on some evenings and thirst quenching 'Deep Sea' cocktails - all in all it was 3 week of utter bliss but my greatest wish is that only small renovations are made to this island I think the majority of visitors will agree with me - most people were returners during my stay - please please leave Biyadhoo as natural as it is - I believe that if something is not broken please do not try mend it

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank pinacoladobabe
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This is total chill. Fabulous white sandy beach, gorgeous warm blue sea and sunny skies with a little breeze to take the edge of the heat.
Rooms are tired but kept clean by the room boys, food is ok, salads lovely and curries really good too. Staff couldn't do more for you, even the chap in the shop went to Male and got me a sarong with different colours.
As for previous review, I'd just say one thing. Get a life. If you didn't like all those things, don't go back, you ll never be happy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank helenmac_10
Reviewed 28 April 2013

As you can see from the title this holiday was my birthday present, and what a present. The journey from Male Airport to the island was a fantastic 40 min speedboat ride. The island itself truly is a no news, no shoes place with no TV in the room, no WI-FI access and only the one bar and restaurant so no need to think about where to eat and drink.
The sea life is truly amazing and as this was my first attempt at snorkelling I couldn't have asked for a better start, within the first few days we had seen sting rays, eagle rays and several black tip sharks of varing sizes as well as fish in every shape size and colour you can imagine.
The rooms were spotlessly clean and the food enjoyable, you get your usual people who complain about the food and expect more, well if you want more variety I suggest you pay the extra money and go for a higher star rated resort.
The one piece of advice I would give is to take plenty of mosquito repellent and anti histamine cream/tablets as 2 of the people travelling with us were bitten daily.
There are several dining options and we had the All Inclusive which is a must as it could prove quite costly otherwise.
A truly wonderful experience which I sincerely hope to be fortunate enough to repeat.

3  Thank cgriffi
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The transfer from the airport is efficient, friendly and fast - 40 minutes. The check in friendly and welcoming. The rooms are old and could do with updating but you notice this for about 5 minutes as you settle in. The food is simple but very good and served by very welcoming and friendly staff. The bar is the same.
The beach areas are generally quiet with never a shortage of sun beds. The view from the sea back to the island is beautiful as the rooms are hidden by trees.
The dive centre is well run though expensive. The house reef is a delight with 7 access points around the island.
This is a bare foot resort if you want it to be with sand pathways everywhere.
My wife and I travel a lot but both said this was one of our most relaxing and enjoyable breaks. No wonder the resort is full of repeat visitors.

4  Thank Stoneleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biyaadhoo Island
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Mald...
#1 of 1 in Kandoomaafushi Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Fihalhohi Island
Kurumba Maldives
Kurumba Maldives
#1 of 1 in Vihamanafushi

Been to Biyadhoo Island Resort? Share your experiences!