Athuruga is stunning! We recently stayed here for our 25th wedding anniversary. We booked with Kuoni and from the start of the trip until we arrived back in the UK, the service was exemplary.
We took the seaplane from Male and the view of Athuruga was breathtaking. We were given Water Villa 15 on the reef side. If you love snorkelling, this is the perfect side as you are just steps away from the most fantastic reef. The sunset side is just as lovely but access to the reef would be from the jetty or beach.
The Water Villas are beautifully decorated and clean. Apple Macs are available in all the Water Villas so you can keep in touch with family and friends.
The Water Villa restaurant offers personal service and a la carte menu. The staff on Athuruga are all really friendly and catered for your every need. One thing I would recommend is if you are staying in the Water Villa try the buffet restaurant at the beginning of your holiday and then if you wish you can mix up where you have your breakfast or lunch - just inform the WV staff.
If you decide on Athuruga, you will have an amazing time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Athuruga Island Resort is the twin island of its sister Thundufushi. The island comprises of a thick vegetation of coconut palms and surrounded by powdery beach which extends to one side of the island. The lagoon on this side is small and the superb house reef is within the swimming distance while on the other side the lagoon is very large, sandy and is ideal for paddling around. Athuruga Island resort is best described as an elegant and intimate holiday resort with a high standard of service which offers offer All Inclusive only. There are only 51 rooms, named as 46 Beach Bungalows and 05 garden Villas. Catamaran, laser boat, canoe, windsurfs offered free to guests who must be experienced & licensed for these activities. Snorkeling equipment are offered free against a deposit towards loss of damage. Free guided snorkeling on house reef daily. Free laundry service. Aerobic, stretching, water gym and dance lessons free of charge.1 sunset fishing and 1 fisherman island excursion per stay included free. Beach towels provided free. Free doctor's service and infirmary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel and Evoline ltd so you can book your Diamonds Athuruga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Athuruga Beach And Water Villas
- Diamonds Athuruga Beach & Water Villas Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Athuruga Hotel South Ari Atoll