The staff at Diamonds Athuruga was wonderful....we really enjoyed everyone we met that worked at the resort, especially Farooq who took care of us in the water villa dining area.
My husband and I stayed in a water villa suite and were very happy with it. We loved the water access, the deck area and the easy access to the shower/bathroom from the water/deck area. The view was wonderful...we were on the sunset side and highly recommend it. I really enjoyed the snorkeling...the reef wasn't extremely colorful coral-wise but it had a huge variety of fish that were very colorful. One early morning, I was overjoyed to spend about 45 minutes snorkeling with a beautiful sea turtle...just the turtle and me while he enjoyed his breakfast of coral. It was one of the highlights of my trip. Sharks and turtles were not uncommon while snorkeling, especially if you swim out to the drop off at the edge of the house reef.
I also used the I-Dive center for 3 dives and really enjoyed them. The dive center crew was professional and helpful...and the sites were beautiful.
Diamonds Athuruga is a treat and one that I really enjoyed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Athuruga Island Resort is the twin island of its sister Thundufushi. The island comprises of a thick vegetation of coconut palms and surrounded by powdery beach which extends to one side of the island. The lagoon on this side is small and the superb house reef is within the swimming distance while on the other side the lagoon is very large, sandy and is ideal for paddling around. Athuruga Island resort is best described as an elegant and intimate holiday resort with a high standard of service which offers offer All Inclusive only. There are only 51 rooms, named as 46 Beach Bungalows and 05 garden Villas. Catamaran, laser boat, canoe, windsurfs offered free to guests who must be experienced & licensed for these activities. Snorkeling equipment are offered free against a deposit towards loss of damage. Free guided snorkeling on house reef daily. Free laundry service. Aerobic, stretching, water gym and dance lessons free of charge.1 sunset fishing and 1 fisherman island excursion per stay included free. Beach towels provided free. Free doctor's service and infirmary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel and Evoline ltd so you can book your Diamonds Athuruga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Athuruga Beach And Water Villas
- Diamonds Athuruga Beach & Water Villas Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Athuruga Hotel South Ari Atoll