We had booked the Diamonds Athuruga with Kuoni and were staying for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. The seaplane transfer was very smooth, and when we landed at the resort, a boat picked us up and we were welcomed by the resort manager Stephen. We had booked two nights in the beach villa and 5 nights in the water villa. Beach Villa accommodation was fine and the room had an outside shower which was lovely. (Beach Villas did not have internet access, but complimentary access was available in the lobby area) We were all inclusive and the mini bar was well stocked with wine and other drinks. The water villas were something else. Great outlooks to the sea and very private. The water villas were very well set out and they all had Apple Imacs and internet access. This was the perfect location for couples and people on honeymoon. The island was small and you could walk around the island in 7 minutes. If you want a relaxing holiday / break with no TV this is the place for you. If you like diving then the reef dives were great. They had two main restaurants. One was all inclusive buffet style (You had a good choice of food and they also had a pasta station were you could have fresh pasta cooked) Again a good selection for breakfast, lunch and evening meal. The sea restaurant was for people stopping in water villas and they had set-menus each day. I can not fault the resort / hotel on any grounds. It was the perfect location and staff were truly amazing. All very helpful. (Especially Tammy from South Africa) If you are looking to visit the Maldives and dont want a swimming pool then you could not find a better place to relax and chill out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Athuruga Island Resort is the twin island of its sister Thundufushi. The island comprises of a thick vegetation of coconut palms and surrounded by powdery beach which extends to one side of the island. The lagoon on this side is small and the superb house reef is within the swimming distance while on the other side the lagoon is very large, sandy and is ideal for paddling around. Athuruga Island resort is best described as an elegant and intimate holiday resort with a high standard of service which offers offer All Inclusive only. There are only 51 rooms, named as 46 Beach Bungalows and 05 garden Villas. Catamaran, laser boat, canoe, windsurfs offered free to guests who must be experienced & licensed for these activities. Snorkeling equipment are offered free against a deposit towards loss of damage. Free guided snorkeling on house reef daily. Free laundry service. Aerobic, stretching, water gym and dance lessons free of charge.1 sunset fishing and 1 fisherman island excursion per stay included free. Beach towels provided free. Free doctor's service and infirmary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Southall Travel, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Diamonds Athuruga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Athuruga Beach & Water Villas Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diamonds Athuruga Beach And Water Villas
- Athuruga Hotel South Ari Atoll