“Simply paradise”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cocoa Island
London, England, United Kingdom
“Simply paradise”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Utterly blissful resort, must rank as one of the best in the Maldives. We stayed in a Loft Villa. beautifully appointed with steps down into the water, and a reef teaming with fish just a few yards away. Swim back and walk up the stairs to your outdoor shower to wash off the seawater.
Food was first class, really excellent. Tonight I had souffle that would have graced a Michelin restaurant in London.
Wonderfully quiet. There are 45 guests her today, but it feels like you have the island almost to yourself. It's a very small island (about 300m x 70m) but there has always been plenty of room in the restaurant (just one, but VERY good) and the sunbeds on the beach have been 80% free.
Snorkelling is fantastic, beautiful dropoff on both sides, masses of fish. My wife doesn't like sharks, but there is only one resident black tipped reefshark, only about 4ft long, which even she doesn't find intimidating! Also, the dive cabin lent me the best mask I've ever used - no misting, no leaking, and -1 dioptre prescription lenses which made everything crystal clear for my slightly shortsighted eyes.
New general manager, Laurent, met us off the boat, and was charming. And the hydrotherapy pools are fab.
Didn't get round to trying the spa, we were too busy relaxing... But we did some yoga, which was good.
Staff eager to help in any way they can, always available, but never hovering!
And best of all, there were no children!
This is not a great place for kids, as there isn't much for them to do - it's a tiny island, and there is no kids club. But that makes it even better for grown ups :-)
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Loft Villas are spacious and luxurious. They number 800 - 810. 810 is nearest the better snorkelli...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear Brian W

Greetings from sunny Cocoa!

I hope this finds you well and enjoying the remaining of your holidays in The Maldives.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review on our hotel. I am ever so glad to hear you have enjoyed all the wonderful things Cocoa Island has to offer!

I am happy to hear our snorkeling equipment was to your liking. I am arranging for a new mask to be tailor made and delivered to you so that you may enjoy your next underwater adventure to its maximum!

Laurent Sola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My husband and I have just arrived home from a week on the island (November 4th), and had the best holiday we have ever had. I arranged it as a treat for our 10th Wedding Anniversary.
The service and staff were impeccable, and the food was truly out standing. Laurent the hotel manager went out of his way to ensure we had everything we needed. Also special thanks to Steve the restaurant manager, who was also very attentive, without being intrusive.
We stayed in a Dhoni Loft Suite which was beautifully decorated and spacious. There were COMO bath salts, shower gel and shampoos etc laid out for us in the luxurious bathroom, which were gorgeous. We were also pleased to find a complimentary bottle of champagne waiting for us on arrival!
It was lovely to have a private deck with table/chairs and loungers from which we could watch the sun set, and steps which we used each day for direct access to the fabulous island coral reef just a few metres away! We saw a great variety of tropical fish, as well as reef shark and sting ray on a daily basis!
The weather was not great (6 days of 7 raining and sometimes choppy waters) but this did not spoil our experience at Cocoa. The attentive staff, fabulous food and luxurious surroundings more than made up for it.
I would also recommend the Indonesian Massage! My husband and I had this together and it was a truly amazing experience! The best massage I have ever had!
Pure white sands, turquoise waters, and the upmost of luxury....what more could you want from a romantic holiday? We will definitely be back again soon!

Room Tip: The Dhoni Loft Suite was definitely worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Dear sarah_norton

Greetings from sunny Cocoa!
I hope you had a safe journey back home. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and praise to our team.

We have been very honored to be part of your wedding anniversary celebration and I surely hope to see you back on our magical island next year.

Your Dhoni Loft Suite will be ready alongside your favorite amenities and we will try to keep the rain away throughout your holidays!:)

Beijing, China
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Our family spent perfect 5 nights at Cocoa Island Resort! Comfortable and cleaning room, friendly stuff, delicious food and fantastic ocean! We all love this island as it is so quiet.....
Dive, gym, yoga sessions daily, snorkelling and etc, all of these you can find at this nice island!
My chirdren love here so much and want to come back some day! I think we will and we expect!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear dahuali

Greetings from Sunny Cocoa!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review on our hotel. I am ever so glad to hear you and your family have enjoyed all the wonderful things Cocoa Island has to offer!

london
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed here in August for our honeymoon. From the moment we were welcomed into the speedboat at the airport for the transfer to the second we left, we felt utterly indulged. We are usually 'busy' travellers and were a little worried that a fortnight staying in a place that took ten minutes to walk around may leave us climbing the walls. The truth is we could have stayed for another two weeks had we the pockets to afford it!

The dhoni loft suite was a haven from the sudden appearing storms and a relief from the heat of the day respectively. They are spacious and beautifully simple yet elegant. With a DVD library and as much sateliite TV as you need(if you ever want to switch it on)...a night in with the Indian ocean lapping at your back step has never been as indulgent. The staff always went the extra mile, installing a new TV cable (requiring a dip in the sea) when our reception was poor and delivering room service on a night of torrential rain with a smile. Snorkelling and sunsets from the back step were magical. We saw an octopus snorkelling within a few metres of our suite and seeing dolphins on the horizon wasn't uncommon.

A fortnight eating in the same restaurant could become repetitive or overwhelming but the Ufaa restaurant was fantastic. The a la carte menu varies throughout the week and the chef takes requests, not that we ever used that. Breakfast was delicious. The staff at the restaurant have hospitality down to a tee, rarely feeling forced or overdone. We loved chatting with the team and it made us feel all the more welcome. Sunset cocktail hour is not to be missed and there were some spectacular scenes to be enjoyed.

The dive school was a highlight. Taka and his team were nothing short of excellent. We did our advanced diver course there and loved every minute.

The spa was beautiful. The gym is small but the equipment was good and we were normally the only ones in there when the guilt of all the great food dragged us there.

The negatives?They really are so small and mostly not related to the resort. In general, you realise the impact of tourism on this haven when you take a sunrise walk and pick up plastic washing up on the beach. The staff collect it everyday before most people are up and the resort has an emphasis on being eco friendly and looking after the 'house reef' but it gives a big pause for thought on the impact of less careful proprietors. Given we were in a strict muslim country it is no wonder that the alcohol was expensive but the affordability of wine with dinner was our only gripe.

If you need time out from the world this is the place to come. It is a stunning place. Thank you Cocoa for an unforgettable honeymoon.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear LondonRosieH

Thank you for taking the time to share those wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. I am surely glad to hear your holiday was memorable and that each and every one of our team members meet your service expectations.

I am also pleased you have enjoyed our various food and beverage offers as well as our diving center team expertise.

Your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence. Thank you again for your patronage.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2012

What a fantastic, idyllic piece of paradise. A lovely small coral reef island in the Maldives with rooms all on the ocean. Perfect white sand, and turquoise ocean with tropical shrubbery and trees. All you'd expect from a top class resort (dive facilities, gym, yoga sessions daily, snorkelling etc.) but not as ostentatious as some others in the Maldives. Fabulous staff and great food. Dring our stay there was a seafood BBQ night (we couldn't finish it all), an INdian Thali night (delicious) and a Thai evening (wonderful) which then meant we only had to cope with the stress of choosing a la carte for three nights. The Como villas are substantially larger and are at each end of the resort (which either means a longer walk to get anywhere, but still its only 5 ins max; or slightly motte secluded). Fab to walk over the reef and see the (safe) sharks and rays.

Room Tip: Sleep quality is a function of time of year. We caught the end of the rains in October - and it can...
1 Thank Ian S
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Dear Ian S

Thank you for taking the time to share those wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. I am surely glad to hear your holiday was memorable and that you have enjoyed our many restaurant themed nights.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 October 2012

The hotel is relatively close to the international airport (40 min boat ride), and yet far enough to feel secluded. The water is amazing. Food is phenomenal. New management has stellar track record of managing COMO property in Bangkok, so the resort is in good hands. If you travel for more than 2-3 days be aware: the island is tiny.

2 Thank NY008
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
Dear NY008

I hope you had a safe journey back home. Thank you so much for taking the time in writing your kind comments on your recent holidays to Cocoa.

I am surely glad to hear you have enjoyed everything our island has to offer and hope you will be visiting us again very soon.

Warm regards

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We spent 5 nights at Cocoa for our Honeymoon, and it was amazing from the begining. We were absolutely delighted with the welcome from the boat staff. Our room was awesome and we had a champagne bottle waiting. All the staff is very friendly and helpful, each and everyone of them made our stay very special. This was my first visit to Maldives and Im sure it is the best place to stay.

1 Thank Manuel H
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear Manuel H

Warm regards from Cocoa Island!

I hope you had a safe journey back home. I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments and surely hope you will be back soon on our side of the globe!

We are indeed very privileged to have been part of this wonderful occasion and will be ready to celebrate your many wedding anniversaries to come!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island

Been to COMO Cocoa Island? Share your experiences!