“Paradise”
Review of COMO Cocoa Island

COMO Cocoa Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cocoa Island
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Cocoa Island was magical. We honeymooned there for 4 nights in October 2011 we cannot wait to return again one day.
The island was beautiful with amazing sunrises and sunsets, pristine white sand and clear blue water. It amazed me how private it seemed as we only saw other guests during meal times.
The food was fantastic with an impressive variety of cuisines and all the staff were very warm, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear myty81
Greetings from sunny Cocoa! I hope this finds you well and thank you for taking the time to write your comments on your recent stay with us!

I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your holidays on our beautiful island and surely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back here sometime soon.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island by Como very soon!

Laurent Sola

Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed 2 January 2014

A beautiful island even by Maldivian standards ~ and the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen anywhere in the world. The sand is a beautiful shade of white and the lagoon was full of incredible fish and manta rays/lemon sharks and most can be seen just a few short strokes from the villas so no need to swim for miles to snorkel or go out by boat ~ it is all there just in front of you. We spent most of our time in the sea ~ it was incredible to see so many different types of fish.

For a honeymoon or a romantic break I doubt you could find a more delightful place, it has tranquility, privacy and beauty.

I would recommend this island for couples rather than families ~ I think the island naturally lends itself to the hopes and dreams of couples and not so much for young children. There are other islands with better facilities for children. It is very quiet, it is very peaceful ~ if you are looking for a spot to relax and be at peace than this is your place. The spa was very good, with kind and attentive therapists and overlooking the beach and sea. I will never quite forget the beauty of waking up and opening the curtains and have the most beautiful sparkling sea lapping at the window and the vast beauty of the sea all around me, sparkling in the sunshine with the fish swimming by.

If you want to fall in love, fall in love again, or fall in love with Maldives, then this is your place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Pyes

Dear Pyes
Greetings from beautiful Cocoa!
“Merci” for the kind words. It has been a real pleasure to have you with us and I am extremely happy to read your review today.
My team and I remain at your service at anytime and we all look forward to having you back on our magical island very soon!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Cocoa is a lovely resort, only 40 minutes by boat from Male airport. We stayed december 18th- january 1st, and the place didnt seem even remotely crowded, although we were assured the resort was booked to full capacity. The accomodations were fantastic, especially the one bedroom villas- very private, extremely spacious. I would recommend bringing some bonine or dramamine if you happen to be extremely prone to seasickness- when the seas get rough (which is uncommon), there is some (albeit virtually imperceptible) movement in the rooms. Service was world class, and it is clear that the manager Laurent strives to maintain this standard. The beaches were for the most part empty (a virtue), as they surround the sparsely populated island. The cuisine was sophisticated and delicious, and we consider ourselves to be discerning diners. Our personal attendant, Razeen was attentive, polite, and had a fantastic instinct for personal boundaries. Wonderful experience, we hope to return before the country is completely underwater!
JH+CR

Room Tip: 1001 was very private and spacious- possibly more so than other one bedroom villas.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jimmyh7
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear jimmyh7
Greetings from sunny Cocoa! I hope this finds you well and that you had a safe and relaxing trip back to New York.

I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your holidays on our beautiful island. Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the service standards and the praise you are giving to our wonderful butler Razeen.

All your words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

What a wonderful way to end my holiday. Having just spent 2 weeks traveling in India and Bhutan Cocoa Island was the perfect ending. the resort was 80% full and one would have never known. The bungalow over the ocean was charming...simple elegance. The food was fantastic as was the snorkeling, This was my 3rd time in a COMO resort ...they never disappoint....

The food was very pricy as was the mini bar. However, I think one expects such things.

Just one note...one is not allowed into enter he Maldives with liquor (duty free), religious statues etc...they will take items away and you may reclaim upon leaving...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank lindasm1955
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear lindasm1955

Bonjour from festive Cocoa! I hope this finds you well and that your return trip was relaxing.

It is such a joy to read you are enjoying your stays with each and every of our beautiful properties! Thank you for your patronage.

Our team wishes you and your love ones a wonderful festive season! I remain at your service anytime.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed here in June 2013 and words cannot describe the beauty of the place. Villas were elegantly understated and fits right into the natural surroundings without appearing artificial. Nonetheless there were well appointed and very comfortable.

We stayed at the 1 bedroom villa and had a personal butler to assist with our request during our stay. From the time you step on the island to the time they wave you off at the airport, the staff paid attention to every detail to make you feel as comfortable as possible.

They had a small pool near the restaurant but that is mere decoration as you are mere steps away from their excellent house reef. While there was some bleaching most of the reefs were still intact (due to small number of guests on the island)

The sand bank at low time was fun. Extending almost 1.5km (by my poor estimate) out into the sea, it made an ideal place for our private sandbank dinner. While walking back to our villa after the dinner, we noticed the sand was GLOWING blue! Did a quick google search and found the sparkling sand was created by tiny bioluminescent sea creatures washed out on the shores.

While place had a gym, spa, yoga pavilion and other standard resort stuff, most of your time can still be occupied by simply exploring the island and interacting with the fauna there (Looking for sand crabs pretending to be hidden in the sand and tapping on their shells till they jump and scurry away or sneaking up after baby black tip reef sharks congregating on the shore. Their resident one legged bird is still there when I visited. These are the riches that Cocoa Island has and I hope still remain when I return to visit to truly special place!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lazy_tiger81

Dear lazy_tiger81

Greetings from sunny Cocoa!
Thanks a million for your wonderful review. I am ever so pleased to read all your very positive comments.

I truly look forward to welcoming you back on our beautiful island next year!

Our team wishes you and your love ones a wonderful festive season!
A très bientôt!

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for a short week just before Christmas. It was wonderful. The island is beautiful, could not be more perfect, the finest sand and clearest light blue water I have ever seen. Fantastic accommodation, butler, manager, restaurant (food is excellent), spa etc. It was a unique experience and difficult to describe other than say it was perfect in all respects and I could not recommend it more. Service is great. The restaurant and food are really exceptional.

Of note as well, the snorkelling in the coral reef was a great experience, not to be missed. The fishing trip was a lot of fun too and they prepared the fish for us the next day over lunch. Spa treatments ( particularly the Ayurveda ones) were all excellent. And the yoga class in the afternoon was really good.
We will definitely go back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cec55

Dear Cec55

Happy New Year to you and your love ones from our team at Cocoa Island by Como!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Beyond words. Cocoa Island is an experience. We went for our honeymoon, and the Island was near full occupancy. Yet we felt as though the island belonged to us alone. People continuously ask me, "Didn't you get bored?", and the only answer I could ever come up with was "You just don't understand." Waking up and walking out on the deck, soaking in the sunrise, stepping off the deck into the ocean and floating out to the reefs was such a great feeling. The word "relaxation" doesn't even fully explain how relaxing it is here. We snorkeled, we swam, we went on a sunset cruise and watched dolphins play, we went on a night time fishing trip, we ate OUTSTANDING food (although pricey), we got pampered at the spa (best massage I've ever received in my life), all in all we had a fantastic relaxing and fun vacation. If you have the cash, take the private sea plane in. It's the perfect way to arrive. We left in the boat, but the arrival by sea plane is the way to go if you can swing it. We even spent a day relaxing in the loft watching movies, which are available for free at the front desk. We had our food brought to the room that day as well. The service is super 5 star. I WILL be going back again. Loved it!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear PHIL S

Bonjour from sunny Cocoa! I hope this finds you well and that you had a safe and relaxing trip back home.

I cannot start to thank you enough for the wonderful review you have just written. Merci 1000 fois!!

All your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Naladhu Private Island Maldives
Naladhu Private Island Maldives
#1 of 1 in Naladhu Island
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Mald...
#1 of 1 in Kandoomaafushi Island
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Emboodhu Finolhu
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort
Kurumba Maldives
Kurumba Maldives
#1 of 1 in Vihamanafushi

Been to COMO Cocoa Island? Share your experiences!