COMO Cocoa Island
US$150
US$138
  • Beachfront
Biyadhoo Island Resort(Biyaadhoo Island)
US$376
US$201
Raakani Villas(Guraidhoo)
US$49
  • Free Internet
Kaani Grand Seaview(Maafushi Town)
US$108
US$1,747
US$1,057
US$853
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Fun Island Resort(Bodufinolhu Island)
US$178
US$171
  • Beachfront
Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort(Dhigufinolhu Island)
US$856
US$607
  • Breakfast included
Naladhu Private Island Maldives(Naladhu Island)
US$1,045
1,396 results
All reviewsbedroom villaour honeymoonfishmarine lifethe general manageroutdoor showersunset cruiseginger teahuge bathroomlow tideprivate jettyunderstated luxurysmall resortrobinson crusoescuba divingheaven on earthyoga classes
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife and I travelled to Cocoa Island to celebrate our wedding anniversary and significant birthday for me. I have stayed at some remarkable places throughout my working life but they all fade after a week here. Everything went exactly as planned-from the moment we met the representative at Male international Airport there was nothing for us to do except indulge ourselves and be indulged. I am a harsh critic and I could find nothing that I didn't enjoy. The setting is beautiful and is in fact more special than the travel brochures and internet would have you believe. Our room (a Dhoni Suite) was the biggest hotel room I have stayed in,beautifully appointed, immaculately clean and luxurious-I can not see how as a couple you would want or need anything else. The water as we stepped from our back deck was crystal clear with abundant marine life and only a short swim to the main house reef which had to be seen to be believed. We started each day with a coffee (from our in room Nespresso machine that was refilled every time it was used) on the front deck as we watched the sunrise over the sea and island followed by a walk around the small island. Breakfast followed- a huge variety of fresh buffet and cooked to order food to satisfy every taste and appetite. I was concerned that eating 3 meals a day in one restaurant would become boring after 7 days-no risk of that. The dinner menu changed daily and there were special themed nights as well as the option to order anything you wanted ,anytime during your stay on the island if there was something that you really desired. The best part however was the service-by the end of the week we did not think of the staff as staff but rather as friends-we were interested and they were willing to share stories of their home islands and families with us and after the first day greeted us by name and with genuine interest. I will not name any particular staff member on this forum for fear of leaving one out but we have kept in contact with several since our return to Australia. It is not a cheap holiday option-even though we had paid for accommodation,breakfast and dinner daily it is easy to run up a large account by taking advantage of the activities offered (recommend the catamaran snorkelling as a highlight) but what is the cost of total relaxation. Not a place for very active children but as a romantic get away-perfect!!

4  Thank AussieMichaelAelaide
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear AussieMichaelAelaide
Greetings from sunny Cocoa!

Thank you for taking the time to share those wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. I am surely glad to hear your holiday was memorable and that each and every one of our team members meet your service expectations.

Undeniably, it is our greatest desire to keep Cocoa Island as the choice resort in Maldives, hence the wonderful feedback you have shared with us will be of great interest for our esteemed guests.

I certainly hope that Cocoa Island have contributed to some fond memories that we will be welcoming you back for your 51st birthday next year!:)

Warm regards

Laurent Sola

Reviewed 1 April 2014

my wife, little boy and I had a fantastic time at cocoa island maldives. 6 days of fun spent swimming, snorkeliing, all striaght from the back of our suite! staff were great and the food healthy and tasty. hats off to the folks here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NDALGLIESH
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear NDALGLIESH
Thank you so much for your review.
I am glad you and your family enjoyed our beautiful island recently. I surely hope it won’t be long before we are welcoming you all back again.
A très bientôt

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The beauty of this place is that it feels undiscovered. Perfect in every way. Amazing staff, luxurious and comfortable rooms, small and quiet. It is the desert island fantasy and the pictures say it all. Jump off your balcony and some of the best snorkeling I've ever done is a short swim away. Don't come here if you want a party but do if you want a rest, romance and some pampering. Only negative was a slightly scary boat road through a thunder storm in the dark to get there.

2  Thank Mike S
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear cakesmith
Greetings from beautiful Cocoa!
“Merci” for the kind words. It has been a real pleasure to have you with us and I am extremely happy to read your review today.
I am sorry to hear about the weather conditions during your trip back to Male and surely hope we will be greeting you back on our island with our usual sun!
My team and I remain at your service at anytime and we all look forward to having you back on our magical island very soon!
A très bientôt

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Writing this review I can easily say that this was the best holiday I’ve ever had. If you’re hesitating about Cocoa Island I just have one piece of advice: GO! After we were picked up at Male Airport everything went super smooth. Cocoa Island was brilliant from start to finish, I can’t really imagine me and my wife would have had a better time anywhere else in Maldives.. Seeing as we’d never been to Maldives before, our tour operator (Simply Maldives holidays) were very helpful and recommended Cocoa Island. I loved the fact that it doesn’t feel like a mainstream resort, it’s more like a boutique hotel in a lagoon (exactly like our travel consultant described it!). Also, the resort staff made us feel like we were in our own home, we felt extremely welcome during the whole stay.

I don’t know what to say about our Loft Villa other than that it was amazing. There’s a huge stunning bathroom and the “bedroom” is in the loft. It’s easily the coolest room I’ve stayed in. We sat outside on our deck all day long, Cocoa Island has really set the bars high now as we wouldn’t consider staying in a hotel room that didn’t have such amazing views – the turquoise ocean was right below us and around us!! The food which we were really happy with (we didn’t have one meal that deserved less than 4 stars during our week) and the brilliant sunsets were other highlights, so I can really see why we saw so many honeymooners there..! Definitely honeymoon material. We’re not too keen on scuba diving to be honest... so we kept to snorkelling instead. But I should imagine the scuba diving is really good.

Mind you, this is NOT a holiday that comes for free (!) but I’d probably pay even more if I’d known how much we would like Cocoa Island. I sincerely hope I will be able to return since we had a fabulous time. (If I could give it ten stars I would)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JKarrington

Dear JKarrington
“Merci 1000 fois” for the wonderful comments!!

I cannot start to thank you enough for the wonderful review you have just written.

I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your holidays on our beautiful island and surely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back here sometime soon.
All your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island by Como this year!

Encore Merci!

Laurent Sola

Reviewed 19 March 2014

pros:
- amazing island, beach & resort
- so kind, courteous & always smiling staff
- excellent cuisine/chef
- peace & serenity / no crowds, kids...
- free snorkelling & kayaking. house reef fair, but beautiful reef in nearby island
- we were allowed early check-in (10am) and late check-out (6pm)
- welcome champagne for honeymooners

disappointment:
- 5 days before the trip we got robbed & requested to cancel or postpone our booking until we replace our lost papers.
management did not accept even if we pay penalties: if we don't show up, we lose everything, although the hotel was not fully booked.

costs:
4000$ for 4 days (bed & breakfast),
600$ airport-resort-airport transfer for 2 in shared motorboat (hidden cost for us, we knew this after we booked)
meals: average 150$ for 2 excluding alcohol

overall: excellent

thanks to all the staff for the warm welcome & service.

4  Thank Nidal G

Dear Nidal G
Greetings from sunny Cocoa!

Thank you so much for the kind review you have just posted. I am ever so sorry you have faced difficulties before your day of departure.
I apologize if we were not able to alter our cancellation policy and truly hope you have enjoyed your holidays on our beautiful island.

I truly hope we will have the chance of welcoming you back at Cocoa Island by Como very soon.

Warm regards