“Fantastic choice!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cocoa Island
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Fantastic choice!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

There is much to choose from in the Maldives. Cocoa Island ticked all our boxes and more, tranquility, sun, beautiful white sand and aqua blue sea at our very doorstep. The food and wellness aspects to this small island are just what we needed, fantastic quality, extremely well done and enough to keep us occupied when not snorkeling, sailing, resting in the sun ........... Paradise for ten days!

Room Tip: The great thing about this island is that all the rooms are in the Indian Ocean!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear A18B
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
It is a true joy to read you have enjoyed everything our beautiful island has to offer. I am sure our team will be thrilled to hear your feedback and will surely encourage us to continue our effort for service excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island by Como very soon!

Laurent Sola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Jakarta
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights with a group of friends, (3 couple) when we arrived at the airport the crew from Cocoa Island already wait for us and the moment we step foot to the speed boat we were handed with a nice scent of cold towel and a bottle of drinking water.
about 40 minutes after we arrived at a very beautiful island with its clear turquoise sea and white sands. we were greeted by Mr. Sola the General Manager and his staff.
a young coconut served as the welcome drink and my groups were introduced with one of the hotel staff which will be our guest relation and helped us if we need anything during our stay at cocoa island and she's Indonesian. as we're Indonesian it did give you warm feeling as if you are actually home :)
her name is ningsih and she's very helpful.

the island is so beautiful, it was our best holiday. the room that we stayed was very comfortable and spacious. the food at the restaurant was all delicious.
my husband like to have a lemon on its drinking water and ningsih always remember to prepare the lemons every time we dine.

I also tried the spa and the therapist is Indonesian too. the spa was great, totally recommended.

We also had a snorkeling trip and it was worth to go.

overall the island was so beautiful even today I still missed Cocoa Island with its white sandy beach.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank floe
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear floe
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review on our hotel. I am ever so glad to hear you have enjoyed all the wonderful things Cocoa Island has to offer!

Your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.
I certainly hope that Cocoa Island have contributed to some fond memories that you and your family can hold dearly to and I thank you for your support of Cocoa Island.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island very soon and wish you a fantastic upcoming stay at our sister property in Bali!

Best Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just what we wanted! So romantic and exclusive. Very few villas so you can feel like robinson crusoe! Very thoughtfull and friendly staff. Amazing view from our loft villas. Delicious food at the restaurant. Just one downside, the houe reef is not the best we saw in the maldives but the fact that we can see sharks while walking on the footbridges to our villa is wonderfull!

Room Tip: loft villa 801 is the best, most remote (of the villas and lofts) and nicest view!
2 Thank Emilie418
Dear Emilie418
Thank you for taking the time to share those wonderful comments on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you have enjoyed our various food and beverage offers as well as the tranquility of our beautiful island.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island very soon!

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have just returned from our yearly visit to Cocoa Island with this now being our 4th visit, and it continues to be as excellent as before. The service is just so welcoming and friendly from when you are picked up at the airport until they leave you again on departure and we continue to be treated like a returning member of a big family. The service at the resort is second to none from housekeeping to bar, restaurant, gift shop and butler service and whilst we didn't try the Spa or any water sports on this visit I am sure the excellent high standard is maintained throughout every facility and service. When we stayed I think the resort was at approx. 80% occupancy but for most of the time it feels like you are the only one on the island and only really see others occasionally at meal times or in the bar. We stayed in Villa 1002 again this year as our previous visits and appreciate the resort being able to accommodate our request and every other that we made during our stay including different dishes at meal times and items in our Villa for our arrival. Again this year our Villa came with butler service and whilst we go to Cocoa to do absolutely nothing the service from Jaya was extremely attentive and every day and night he was ready for our arrival at the bar and restaurant, knew what we liked and disliked to eat and drink and was always there when needed. This is a typical example of what makes the resort extra special to us as the service provided by the staff is second to none. We knew from our visit last year that a few of the staff we had got to know over the years were considering moving to the new Como resort in the Maldives and whilst a few have moved on the 'new' staff who we may not have noticed on previous visits are as equally pleasant, attentive and engaging as you want or need them to be and continue to maintain an excellent level of customer service. Whilst I sometimes struggle to remember all the names particular praise should go to Palitha, Ravindra, Ramesh, Muru, Moosa, Sumeda and of course Jaya for making our recent stay as relaxing as possible and extra special. Once again we are already making plans to return in 2015 and look forward to visiting such a wonderful resort for many years to come.

Room Tip: If you like the sunrise on your private deck in the morning and are planning a one bed villa we fell...
3 Thank Persecutor
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Persecutor
Greetings from Cocoa Island by COMO!
I hope this finds you well and thank you for taking the time to write your comments on your return to our island!

I cannot start to thank you enough for the wonderful review you have just written.

Undeniably, it is our greatest desire to keep Cocoa Island as the choice resort in Maldives, hence the feedback you have given on our team members will be greatly appreciated by all our colleagues.

I am certainly glad that Cocoa Island has contributed to some fond memories that you can hold dearly to and I thank you for your continuous patronage at Cocoa Island.

Warm regards

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were there for 6 days in early May and both of us agreed that it was the best holiday ever! Cocoa Island is truly a beautiful island with amazing beaches! The bungalow that we stayed in was very comfortable, clean and spacious. It also has a private porch and stairs leading to the shallow water. Friendly staffs always go above and beyond to make us feel like home. Food wise, we were delighted that menus have a lot of healthy food options. We have tried a few and they were all delicious! I had the chicken dumplings with boiled rice for breakfast one day, which to my surprise it was a very authentic Chinese congee. Although most of the days during our stay were cloudy and raining, it didn't stop us from enjoying our holiday on the island. I was so glad that we chose Cocoa Island to stay and will definitely come back for another holiday.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christina F
Dear Christina F
“Merci 1000 fois” for the wonderful comments!!

I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your holidays on our beautiful island.

All your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island by COMO this year!

Encore Merci!

Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My spouse and I visited Cocoa from 17-21 Jan 2014. It was is truly a wonderful 5 star resort. The room (an upgrade), service, food, hospitality, staff were always above excellent. I always wanted to go to a place that dwelt with wellness and this was a perfect spot. This is truly a peaceful first class resort. I hope to return in the future because this is a great place for tranquility and relaxation. Our room was extremely clean and beautifully decorated. The meals were delicious and I was able to choose a very healthy breakfast while my husband enjoyed more of a traditional meal. Our butler was magnificent, experienced, and was always available to make our life on the island comfortable. When we arrived we were met by the manager and other staff members as well as when we left which is a nice touch. I went to the island very stressed and because of the yoga classes I left feeling very relaxed. There are so many great things about Cocoa there isn't enough space to describe how wonderful this experience was for the both of us. Would I go back? Yes, in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: All room are private bungalows, all have private porches and steps that lead into the ocean, all hav...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Edith D
Greetings from sunny Cocoa!
I hope this finds you well and that your trip back home was enjoyable.
Many thanks for the comments you have made on our team and I am ever so glad to hear you have enjoyed your vacations to the fullest.
I surely look forward to welcoming you back on our beautiful island very soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here during the week of May 5-9 .TRUST me when I say this with the utmost seriousness- Cocoa Island is the HOLY GRAIL of resorts!! I've stayed in many 5 star hotels on exotic islands (including been to the Maldives before this ) but Cocoa Island is the absolute best!! Our experience was purely magical. I feel like I've found inner peace and reached a state of Utopia during my time at Cocoa Island. The island is stunning, crystal blue waters, long stretches of white sand- a perfect paradise. We stayed in a Dhoni suite- room 818 and it was perfect for a couple. The room decor is minimal but very luxurious! The food was the best food I've ever eaten at a resort and I'd say even better than a lot of top restaurants back in the States. I'm still thinking about the amazing curry and Thursday Seafood BBQ!! My massage was one of the best I've ever had and the snorkeling and diving is the best in the world. The resort never felt crowded and you always had your own piece of beach so it really felt like we were there alone as we barely saw any other people. Laurent, the General Manager and his team are the sweetest, most kindest people ever! Muru, Vijay, Sameet, Ramesh, Sumada, Ninsih
(not sure if I spelled their names correctly) really took care of us and I sure miss them so much. A special thanks to the management for allowing us to check out late and arranging a late speedboat transfer as our flight out of Male didn't depart until almost 11 PM. I am so grateful for this because it's like I got a free extra day to relax on the island. My husband and I live in California and going to South Africa next March. The Seychelles is an easier option for us as it's closer to South Africa but we are actually planning our trip to return to Cocoa Island by going though Asia. Basically, re-routing our itinerary just so we can come back. Mind you, we've NEVER been to the Seychelles before and I've been to the Maldives multiple times already, but we had such a wonderful experience and Cocoa Island has spoiled me forever and ruined me for all other hotels! Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful memories!

1 Thank Maria C
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear MariaDoanChan
Bonjour from your little island!!

I hope this finds you well and rested after your trip back home. A 1000 “Thank you” for your wonderful review! We have been very fortunate to have you with us and look forward to welcoming you back next year.

I am thrilled to learn you are actually amending your itinerary so to come and see us again next year! Rest assured, we will be planning something very special for your return!
I remain at your service anytime.
A très bientôt
Laurent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa Island
Naladhu Private Island Maldives
Naladhu Private Island Maldives
#1 of 1 in Naladhu Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island

Been to COMO Cocoa Island? Share your experiences!