“Amazing place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of COMO Cocoa Island, The Maldives

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
COMO Cocoa Island, The Maldives
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cocoa Island
Singapore
“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is our first trip to the Maldives and like many, the beauty of this place took our breaths away. The pristine waters are exactly what you see on postcards and NatGeo. The island is a 40min boat ride from the international airport so it is very convenient to get on the resort. Food is great and I recommend the Maldivian curry for breakfast and the wife loved the miso soup. Weather was not so good during our stay there from 18 to 22 August 2014 as it was extremely windy & cloudy and rained most of the time (we managed to catch a total of maybe 6 hours of sunshine the whole trip). We enjoyed the trip despite the weather. Things we did: snorkeled at the house reef (complimentary gear that you can keep in the room for the entire stay); Indian head massage (AMAZING); hydrobath pool (we were there almost everyday). There are optional trips out of the island which we did not take. We look forward to returning to Maldives again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, The Maldives, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear spiderman76
“Merci 1000 fois” for the wonderful comments!!

I cannot start to thank you enough for the wonderful review you have just written.

I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your holidays on our beautiful island and surely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back here sometime soon.
All your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island by Como this year!

Encore Merci!

Laurent Sola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Our three generation family has been fortunate to stay at Cocoa for week-long holidays over the last three years. We did return twice in one of those years, but are trying to restrict ourselves to an annual visit, for fear of becoming addicted to such perfection!

The island has everything that one would typically look for in the Maldives. Powder white sand, finest in the shallow lagoon but still smooth around the rest of the island. A few seashells to satisfy beachcombers. A long sand spit for romantic walks. Shallow warm lagoons on the one side for the younger kids to paddle it, steeper drops for older kids to play with waves. And of course, the coral reef which is concentrated on one side (with two resident turtles) and more scattered and wilder on the other side (with surprisingly different inhabitants). With such natural beauty, how can man keep up?

Well, man does very well indeed. The over-water villas, wood-crafted, are solidly made in a luxurious yet simple style. The weathered wooden walkways are well-maintained and smooth enough for bare feet to run on. The food is excellent, the one restaurant turning out a wide variety of dishes so that one does not get bored. The childrens' menu has typical but quality food to appeal to little ones, the Como menu caters to the health-conscious and the regular menu suits all palates. I am terribly fussy about food but would happily dine at Cocoa's restaurant even if it were situated in a city with other restaurant choices. The weekly seafood barbecue is a real highlight.

The staff are uniformly friendly and helpful, and there has been an tangible improvement in service levels since we first visited 3 years ago, particularly in the efficiency of restaurant service - kudos to Vijay! I am still amazed by how the room staff clear the room of sand tracked in by little feet, without a vacuum cleaner. The villas are spotless!

There are many places to visit in this world, but we cannot do without our perfect annual family holiday at Cocoa.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MMSCPSYH
Dear MMSCPSYH
I am endlessly thankful for the wonderful review you have just posted. Your praises towards our team are very much appreciated and will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

I am delighted that Cocoa Island have contributed to some fond memories that you and family can hold dearly to and I thank you again for your support of Cocoa Island.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back on our beautiful island!

A très bientôt
Laurent
chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Terrific and mindblowing place to stay. Absolutely Pollution free island, Perfect Privacy, Mouth watering food, Serene boat house with perfect view & Great hospitality.. Cannot be a perfect place then this.
Perfect honeymoon for me and betterhalf. Mr Vijay's hospitality was exemplary.The entire team Sumeet, Ramesh & Jayaprakash was highly energitic with perfect hospitality and pleasent gesture. Kudos to the entire team..
I will definitely plan a visit to como island very shortly..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Supreeyabhandari
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, The Maldives, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Supreeyabhandari
Greetings from sunny Cocoa! I hope this finds you well and that your trip back home was enjoyable.
Many thanks for the comments you have made on our team and I am ever so glad to hear you have enjoyed your vacations to the fullest.
I surely look forward to welcoming you back on our beautiful island very soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at Cocoa Island for a week at the end of July and loved it. As other reviewers have said, it's a small island but pristine,beautiful & very relaxing. We stayed in a Dhoni Loft Suite which has a mezzanine floor for the (very comfortable) superking sized bed & our teenaged son slept comfortably on a separate bed downstairs in the sitting room area. The suite was spacious, spotlessly clean & very well equipped. We could swim straight off thesmall terrace area into the ocean or simply lie on one of the loungers & enjoy the view.The bathroom was very large so ideal for the three of us. The GM, Laurent is charming & heads up a wonderful team, who bent over backwards to make our stay perfect. The food was world class & varied but always using fresh ingredients - quite a challenge on a small island!
My husband & son enjoyed quite a bit of diving & commented at how professionally run the dive centre was - they were particularly impressed with Hamza who was very good with our son. The snorkelling was great too, both on the house reef & on the organised boat trip that we took from the island - it really is like swimming through an aquarium.
The spa is lovely & has a great range of treatments - the reflexology that I had was amazing! There's also a well equipped gym & an Hydrotherapy pool which we enjoyed using several times.
The transfers to & from Cocoa Island worked very efficiently with a 45 minute speedboat ride straight from one of the jetties outside the airport terminal - bottled water & refreshing towels provided as soon as you stepped aboard.
We were very lucky with the weather & enjoyed, pretty much, wall to wall sunshine & blue sky except for one morning of heavy rain - & this was in the rainy season!
Cocoa is the perfect barefoot, get away for couples or friends & our family loved it. But families considering it should be aware that there is no kids or teens club on the island - but the beaches are very child friendly & the outdoor pool is great. Thank you to Laurent & all of the staff for being making our stay our special.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank CArnoldw11
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, The Maldives, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear CArnoldw11
Bonjour from Cocoa Island by COMO!

“Merci 1000 fois” for the wonderful comments!!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island by Como very soon!

Encore Merci!

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We booked a four night stay at Cocoa Island in July, after having spent years dying to visit the island after rave reviews from friends. My husband surprised me with the trip for our anniversary and we decided to go for only four nights so that we could leave our 8 month old baby at home with family and we could have a relaxing wind down trip.
Cocoa Island is the perfect island to do just that. With only 33 villas on the island, it is utterly peaceful at all times of the day and night. There are no issues grabbing the best table at the restaurant, or with getting spa booking, which is something you regularly encounter at other islands in the Maldives.
The island itself is tiny, you can walk round the entire thing in less than 10 minutes. It is pristine however, with perfect soft white sand, and crystal clear water. Part of the island serves as a nursery for baby black tip reef sharks, and you can see these easily from the beach and from some of the villas. They are only tiny, so nothing to be afraid of! The reef, which lies just 15 or so metres from the villas is teeming with colourful fish, a couple of turtles, ocopus, rays and a host of other weird and wonderful creatures, which you would hope to see on any trip to the Maldives. The sea life on the reef was so good that we didn't feel like we needed to dive, but I am sure that it is well worth it.
We had booked a Dhoni Loft Suite, which is meat to be fabulous, but we were very kindly upgraded to a Loft Villa, which offers a lot more room and privacy. It also has a bigger outdoor deck area and outdoor bathroom. The accommodation is simple, rustic chic. Not lacking in luxury at all, but it just has a more subtle, pared down feel than some of the newer hotels. The result is very comfortable and extremely relaxing. I highly recommend booking one of these villas, but I have heard from lots of other people that the Dhoni Loft Suites are also fantastic.
The spa at Cocoa Island is second to none. I have stayed at one of their sister hotels before and have sworn for years that I had the best massage of my life there. The massages at Cocoa Island are just as good, and totally addictive. The hotel offers a great range of treatments and they are not excruciatingly expensive, which is nice.
The biggest and best surprise of all on Cocoa Island was the food. It was phenomenal. Some of the best I have experienced at any hotel. They have only one restaurant, but a menu that changes on a daily basis keeps you interested. They also have a Como Shambhala Menu, which offers a range of super healthy options, which are all fantastically executed. I became addicted to their curries, because they were far better at Cocoa Island than at any restaurant in Hong Kong!
In summary, I had extremely high expectations of this island, and everyone of those was met, and more. I can't recommend Cocoa Island highly enough and want to thank Laurent the GM and all his staff once again for such a memorable and perfect stay!

Room Tip: Loft Villa 801 is wonderful and more private than some of the others.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank alexofhongkong
Dear alexofhongkong
Greetings from sunny Cocoa!
Thank you for taking the time to share those wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. I am surely glad to hear your holiday was memorable and that each and every one of our team members meet your service expectations.

Undeniably, it is our greatest desire to keep Cocoa Island as the choice resort in Maldives, hence the wonderful feedback you have shared with us will be of great interest for our esteemed guests.

I certainly hope that Cocoa Island have contributed to some fond memories that you can hold dearly.

Warm regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We just spent five days at Cocoa Island. If paradise on earth exists, this is where it is. This is an absolutely fantastic resort on a very small island in te beautiful Maldives. It has 33 rooms, all on the water. Laurent and his super team created a unique atmosphere. Very personal service, closevto perfect. The rooms are all great. The food is spectacular. This resorts is a well hidden secret. You feel like a member of a special family. We have been at many places around the world, Cocoa island is in our top 3! This is a class on its own!

Room Tip: All rooms are super. Some are just larger than others. Simply a budget choice.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Giny d
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, The Maldives, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Giny d
Bonjour from sunny Cocoa!
A 1000’s thank you for this wonderful review! We have been very fortunate to have you with us and I am ever so pleased to read you have enjoyed our beautiful island to great extend!
Our team will be thrilled to hear from you and we are all hoping to welcoming you back here very soon.
I hope this finds you well and that your return trip was relaxing. I remain at your service anytime.
A très bientôt
Laurent
Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

If you wish a private, luxury and relaxing holiday , this is your place.
Food, service and snorkeling are high standard. The manager LAURENT is very professional and a very attentive. The butler Muru satisfy your wishes with upmost courtesy and privacy. Highly recommended.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gab70
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, The Maldives, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Gab70
Bonjour from Cocoa!
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am ever so pleased you are currently enjoying your holidays with us!

Your comments on our butler Muru are wonderful and he is indeed a very important player in our team. I am thrilled to hear Muru’s services during this very special holidays are contributing to some fond memories that you will hold dearly for the coming years.

I remain at your service and wish you a wonderful time with us for the remaining of your vacation on our beautiful island.

Encore merci
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa Island
Naladhu Resort Maldives
Naladhu Resort Maldives
#1 of 1 in Naladhu Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,547 reviews

Been to COMO Cocoa Island, The Maldives? Share your experiences!