“Long term strategy than short term profit”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Coco Bodu Hithi

Coco Bodu Hithi
“Long term strategy than short term profit”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am just back to my country from there. my holiday was almost perfect. Let me tell the boss of the coco palm bodu hithi why I cannot say it was 100% perfect.
The staffs of the resort were very nice and kind. They always treated me with warm hospitality. meals were appropriate for us and other facilities were OK.
But there were some mistakes during my stay. I got letters in chinese. Definately i filled my nationality in when I reserved. my mother tongue is nothing like chinese. but the resort sent letters with the signature of 'Mr Jelusalem' in chinese. Mr Jelusalem, you had to check every customer's nationality before sigining. if Mr Jelusalem visits some resort and get a letter in French, how will he feel about that?
And i got heard 'Ni hao' by the staffs hundred thousand times. I don't understand what it means, probably it is a chinese greeting. Please do not judge every asian is chinese. they'd rather to say hello in english.
One more thing, during my stay, I found that the portion of a certain country was dominant. I would not mention the name of that country specifically. well you know it.
they are nomally noisy and have no consideration for others. What was worse was i saw many times they threw rubbishes such as cans, and cigarret tips onto ground and the sea. The maldives has been clean and should be. I am not telling you with prejudice. It's common worldwide.
Just imagine if one nation are dominant in a small island and what kind of rules will be common?
The resort was once famous for many nationalities such as european, austrailian, japanese, korean and etc,. who are normally tidy, law abiding and cosiderate. but nowadays, the resort has become one sided.

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank 도엽 이

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Its the most beautiful place ever. I miss it so much. I just feel i've left some part of mine in this resort. Whenever i think of those days, i just take a deep breath. I was such a nice experience that i cannot write in words. Couples who are giving a second thought of going here, please do not. Mark my words you will love it absolutely.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Prerna_Taneja
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We spent 5 days at the Coco Palm, and stayed in an overwater villa the entire time. Most of our days were spent snorkeling right off our back deck. It was as beautiful as you hear (and more!). The room was exquisite, with an ample bathroom and indoor/outdoor shower. The style was minimalist but clean and bright. My only complaint about the room was that the private plunge pool was abnormally cold, we (sadly) rarely used it.
The spa is so visually breathtaking, but the spa services were some of the worst I have ever experienced. We had a couples massage, and my masseuse was distracted, with a runny nose that sniffled through the full hour. It was also the only spa I have ever been to that insisted I wear panties during my full body massage.
We spent a rainy afternoon in the sandy floored bar, having cocktails and smoking the hooka. The service throughout all of the Maldives seems competent- but not overly warm. Likewise the cocktails in the Maldives all seems to be good, but not great. I attribute this largely to the fact that this is not a typical alcohol-friendly culture.
The meals were good, although since you are constrained to one island, they do become limited after awhile. Do pay attention to dining hours and your options- while room service is always available, we did try to dine one night late and found things mostly closed.
The sewage smell that others have noted is real: we only noticed it when transferring on the golf cart between our room and the restaurants…. But it should be promptly addressed.
It’s hard to criticize anywhere in the Maldives. The physical beauty is so over welcoming it overshadows nearly anything else you experience.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AdornoLou
London, UK
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here in June/July 2014 for our 5-year wedding anniversary. I can't begin to oversell how amazing this place was.

We stayed in an Escape Water Villa, room 515, which was the very last villa at the end of the jetty. I think this may have been the best room on the island for location. Total privacy and probably the best snorkelling in the area from the bottom of the villa stairs.

The room: indigenous, muted, plus and luxurious with the most fabulous panoramic views of the Indian Ocean. Private terrace and infinity pool leading down the stairs to the ocean. Bliss!

The location: absolutely stunning. I can't overemphasise this. I have been to many tropical and beautiful places in my time but this takes the biscuit. Beautiful sandy beaches (and so quiet!), crystal clear waters, nothing around for miles. What more could you want?

The resort: perfect. Meandering pathways, sandy beaches, gorgeous pools and jetties, ocean views from everywhere,

The food: air restaurant is the buffet restaurant and the place for breakfast. This is he best buffet food I have had, with seemingly endless choice. I could have stayed for 2 weeks and not had the same meal twice. Stars restaurant is their fine-dining restaurant and was really lovely. Aqua restaurant is seafood, also delicious. Our best meal was a private pergola beach dinner, which was utterly romantic and delicious.

Things to do: snorkelling is absolutely stunning around here. We saw some amazing tropical fish and a shark. It is also a diving hotspot although I didn't try that. The resort has a dodgy snooker table and table tennis table, a tennis court, as well as board games at the bar but, frankly, we were happy just to relax and read and take it easy. There is also a gym although I didn't use that either.

The spa: amazing. The most fantastic location and lovely treatments. Just perfect.

Service: exceptional. Everyone was so friendly and genuinely so. I couldn't have asked for more.

The only very slight negative was, as some previous reviewers have mentioned, that ants were a problem. There were ants in the room/ terrace but, as far as I'm concerned, there's only so much the staff can do to get rid of them. The cleaning was of a high standard so I think the issue was the over-abundance of ants on they're island.

All in all, I can't recommend this place enough. It was simply stunning and the perfect holiday!

Room Tip: The Escape Water Villas are definitely the place to stay at- apparently more private than the more p...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Sassy1983
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed there for two nights during the first week of June .A forty-five minute speed boat ride from the Male' airport, on this Atoll lays a most sophisticated and luxurious resort.
Albeit I was there alone and traveling on business I found the resort to be exquisitely idyllic, elegant and most strategically situated where magnificent waters share those white sandy beaches.

I stayed in a deluxe over water bungalow with a private pool and all the amenities imaginable inclusive of an "quasi private butler". The resort boasts of elegance and special attention to each guest. The staff is in every way dedicated to assure that the guests are well comfortable and enjoy their stay. The choice of restaurants is superb as are the menus. Even though the resort can include full board ( all meals ) one can have an "a la carte" meal and whatever is not on the menu the chef will try to accommodate the request.

If seeking for buffet type of resort, this is not the resort of choice. Coco Bodu Hithi is a luxurious experience surrounded by opulence of its reef. In the quietness of the night one can hear the ocean waves playing a soft symphony as the ocean water slaps the shore. A most exclusive and pampered feeling. A must stay.

Coco Bodu Hithi....call me and I shall come !!!!!

Room Tip: Deluxe o/w Villa is a must stay. The villas in the 600's are the best.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
UK
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Wow!

I am going to try and keep this as factual as possible so as to help you make a decision about whether to book but before that I should say that we had an AMAZING time. The Maldives is truly breath taking and is a real experience.

So a little about us, we are thirty something professionals living in London. This is out first trip to the Maldives. We would definitely come back to the Maldives and to Bodu Hithi again.

Rooms - We stayed in the island villas (as this was the last room left for our dates) and was blown away. The rooms look exactly as they do on their website. If you can, do a couple of nights in the water villas. We had a quick look at an escape villa and the views were incredible. 50% of the villas are on stilts. We stayed in room 317. In our view this was a great room as your beach front was well secluded and had nice sandy area.

Food - we stayed on a half board basis (breakfast and dinner). The main buffet restaurant is called AIR and was the best quality buffet food we have had. Lots of choice. There is a massive Chinese contingent so there is a lot of Asian food. We loved that but something to bear in mind if not a fan.

Gym - the most breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean.

Spa - we didn't leave the island until 8.30pm so we chilled out by the spa and again the views were epic.

Snorkelling - I think you see more fish if you are in the water villas but we nonetheless got to see reef sharks and sting rays.

Excursions - they are a bit too expensive and put us off taking any on. Maybe if they were better priced we would have done some excursions.

Drinks - drinks can be pricey but we spent £150 at the end of the week which included 3 bottles of wine etc. not bad for the week.

All in all we LOVED this place. It's hard to imagine a resort better. The island is very small and picture perfect. We would not hesitate in coming back.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank UKJAMA
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here for 10 days during July 2013 for our honeymoon. We spent 3 days in an Island Villa and 7 days in a Water Villa. We loved both. The Island Villas are spacious with a private plunge pool and direct access to the beach. The Water Villas are private, with superb views over the sea, and direct access to the excellent coral fields at your doorstep.

Food in the AIR buffet restaurant was delicious, with a wonderful spread of cuisines which changed on a daily basis. The STARS restaurant was empty the night we went there but the views and food made up for any lack of atmosphere.

Staff were always close by and available to meet your needs, without ever being intrusive. A credit to the resort.

You would find it hard to find a better place to snorkel or scuba dive. Reef sharks, Black Tips and White Tips are all easily spotted, as are Giant Eagle Rays and Turtles.

An amazing experience and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MacS14916
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bodu Hithi Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Baros Island
Paradise Island Resort & Spa
Paradise Island Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lankanfinolhu Island

Been to Coco Bodu Hithi? Share your experiences!