We have traveled to many beautiful islands and this is the first time we have ever written a review. Since we rely so heavily on other people’s honest assessments of resorts, we thought it was important to give our feedback on the Constance Moofushi, especially since a trip to the Maldives is so expensive. Because we are not wealthy people and this trip was probably a “once in a lifetime” for us, we read hundreds of reviews trying to find the perfect resort. The Constance Moofushi was most definitely the perfect resort for us. Before you read this review, you should know that we are happy people who don’t have a lot to complain about in general. We can’t afford fancy vacations very often so when we do splurge, we go to enjoy the experience, not to find trivial things to complain about.
The beaches and the water were the most amazing we’ve experienced….white, powdery sand that almost blinded us when we weren’t wearing our sunglasses. And the best part was that the beaches were almost empty, even though the resort seemed full. We can’t begin to describe in words the colors of the water and couldn’t even read while sitting at the beach because we wanted to take it all in. Most people stayed by the pool, which was also nice but not nearly as incredible as the ocean! The water was crystal clear and a perfect temperature for swimming. The snorkeling was unreal. We stayed in an over the water bungalow and snorkeled mostly around our hut but the water was so clear that you could see the fish from the deck. Although we saw a baby black tip near our hut, most stay in one spot near the shore. They are not dangerous but are very entertaining to watch. Our last day we couldn’t be in the ocean because of an influx of jellyfish but that certainly isn’t the fault of the resort!
We loved the over the water bungalow. It’s small but private and comfortable and has everything you could need during your stay. They are more expensive but if you have never stayed over the water, it’s well worth the money.
The staff was great…very friendly and helpful and most spoke some English, which we thought was amazing.! We don’t like to have staff falling all over us on vacation and they seemed to know when to help out and when to give us space.
Although some people complained about the food in other reviews, we loved every meal and still talk about how much we enjoyed breakfast and dinner on the beach watching the fish. We have never taken advantage of all-inclusive packages but would definitely recommend it here. We are both pretty simple eaters and tend not to dine at 5 star restaurants but there was such a huge variety of food at the buffet, I can’t imagine that everyone can’t find something they like. One of our favorite things about being at the resort was that the dining was casual…so casual that after our first day, we didn’t even wear shoes to eat. There’s nothing like dining with your feet in the sand!
We would highly recommend the Constance Moofushi. In fact, we’re hoping that we can eventually return, that’s how much we loved it. After experiencing the resort, we’re not sure how anyone can have any complaints…you truly are in paradise. Actually, we do have one complaint…we don’t know how we’ll ever top this vacation. Every resort we look at now seems to pale in comparison. We are usually ready to come home by the end of our vacation but I wanted to cry as I boarded the air taxi to leave. The island is so beautiful that it takes your breath away. Thanks to everyone at the Constance Moofushi for an unforgettable experience!
A few tips, for those interested:
1. If you want to snorkel from your deck, request a bungalow further away from the beach. It’s a longer walk to the island but it’s the most beautiful stroll in the world!
2. We went in July and spent the month before the trip stressing about the weather. The summer months in the United States are the rainy season in the Maldives but it’s the only time we can travel. The weather reports online say that it’s rainy and cloudy every day but it’s not. We had cloudy weather our first 2 days but the sun was out for the remainder of the trip. There are random showers and storms that pass by but most are relatively quick.
3. The final air taxi leaves Male before sunset so unless you want to stay overnight in Male, be sure your flight lands in Male before sunset (which is fairly early during July). We loved the Maldivian Air Taxi flight but be sure to check the weight limit for luggage on the air taxi.
4. Don’t over-pack. You really don’t even need shoes. Be sure to bring everything you need (i.e. sunscreen, medications) as there is only a very small shop at the resort.
5. Invest in a waterproof camera….you’ll regret not having one to take pictures
of all the cool fish!
6. We figured out later during our stay that the pool bar serves lunch and it is included in the all-inclusive package. Great food!!
7. We worked with Justin Parkinson at Linara travel. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
8. Enjoy the time away from your cell phone! There is not a lot to do here except relax and enjoy the unbelievable views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barefoot chic, villas on dazzling white sand or on stilts that float above the turquoise water of the Indian Ocean; choose from one of the 24 beach villas, 56 water villas or 30 senior water villas at Constance Moofushi. Set on its own secluded island, the resort is a perfect combination of luxury and simplicity where everything is taken care of with our All-Inclusive Cristal Package - from premium drinks, exquisite cuisine to luxurious accommodation. And if you are not exploring one of the best diving sites in the world around the South Ari Atoll; try Ymalia’s innovative bio marine spa treatments for a more beautiful you. From ecological thatch roofing to crystal clear water, Constance Moofushi is one of our unique resorts with a soul. All villas are built and decorated with wondrous tones of nature with a hint of Constance chic. Feast on fresh seafood and treat your palate to the finest wines in our sand floored restaurant. The colourful aquatic world is also a must while staying at Constance Moofushi. From snorkelling exploration, sunset cruise with a traditional Dhoni to dolphin search and big game fishing Maldivian style, Constance Moofushi and its surrounding is a jewel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travelbag, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Constance Moofushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Moofushi Resort, Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Moofushi North Ari Atoll