“Some little paradise!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moofushi Island
London
“Some little paradise!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Spent a week, end of October '13 at Constance Moofushi - truly glorious and fun from beginning to end. Although primarily catering for couples, my husband and I went with my mother and teenage daughter and there were a handful of other families there too. Super location, fun to reach by seaboat. Stayed in the Water Villas right over a shallow reef where we snorkelled daily to swim amongst amazing fish and even an eel! We found the accomodation, views, maintenance and food excellent - especially the buffets, where all was fresh, tasty and catered for all tastes - sommeliers assisted us with choosing great wines when we wanted and chefs Miklos, Stephen and Fayzal attentively helped us choose and try the daily feast they had conjured up! The hotel had several scenic spots/areas to enjoy drinks, views, sunbathe, snorkel, watch rays, yoga etc.,. and a few interesting daily activities to join in - such as the very informative presentations on sharks and the biology of The Maldives - thanks Alex! Service was exemplary and staff made us feel welcome wherever we crossed paths - thanks to Shehab, Azeem, Nassee, Rifkhan at the restaurant and bar for taking the time to chat with us and exchange stories! Thank you to Ali for graciously transporting my Mother around in the buggy, and thanks to Sappe for showing us the wonders of your country's oceans and taking us snorkelling with sea turtles and the whale shark (yes! a once in "our" lifetime experience), always checking that we were safe and comfortable - and thanks to the many staff I have not mentioned. Be careful to choose your excursions early as there is not always space, although organisers are generally accomodating. "Extra excursions/activities" are expensive but I guess that is to be expected... Although we did book a couple of these, we found it wasn't really necessary to do so for a week's stay, where there were sufficient activities and things to explore which were non-paying. I could think up a couple of issues the hotel could address but they are far outweighed by everything that was wonderful about the experience!

Room Tip: Rooms really depend on what you want and are priced differently - so the garden rooms looked lovely...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Christine F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a great place. Stayed 7 nights in one of the Senior Water Villas. Worth the extra money for this type of room. Able to just walk down the villa steps directly into the sea. The water is only 1 meter deep so literally you can walk up to the coral reefs and see all the wonderful varieties of fish if you are not a confident swimmer or have children. The staff are superb as is the food. Everything is inclusive including an excellent wine list. Really can't fault this hotel. We went deep sea fishing & the hotel prepared one of the fish we caught for our evening meal. Superbly cooked & ready exactly the time they said it would be ready. We flew via Qatar with Qatar airways for a change. Not a patch on Emirates so if not flying direct, I would choose this airline. The Maldives has many wonderful hotels but I would go back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you are not a good swimmer but want to see coral reefs stay here as the hotel reefs are in shallo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Finediiner
Rainham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have recently returned from a perfect two week honeymoon. Moofushi is a very special paradise island with a great concept of the 'luxury all inclusive'.

Starting with the food, I can't fault it in the slightest, the variety at the buffet each day was exceptional, meal times were a real treat. We dined several times in the Alizee restaurant where the food and service were that of a 5 star restaurant. I'd like to make a special mention to the sous chef, Miklos. Miklos went above and beyond to create vegetarian delights for my wife as the fixed menu was mainly meat and fish. Miklos and many other of the food catering staff were more than happy to explain the foods on the buffet and engage in friendly chat as your perused the array of food. Fayzal the dessert chef must live, eat and breath his deserts, his approach to them was so passionate and we were unable to resist the temptation for dessert each day. As part of the 'AI' package there are over 120 bottles of wine that you can choose from for each meal, 3 incredibly knowledgeable and friendly sommeliers lead by Gaeten can assist you with the best choice, we opted for Prosecco as it was free and tastes as good as champagne. The sommelier Avi was very kind in showing us round the wine cellar and allowing us to take some excellent pictures.

As a resort Moofushi offers true bare foot luxury, no high heels, no shoes for men, no need for collared shirt at dinner whilst its 30 degrees! Constance really has balanced 5 star luxury with a relaxed and unpretentious atmosphere; Some reviews I have read complain about the standard of food not being up to an individuals usual standards. If you like table service and 'a la carte' dining then perhaps choose a resort that offers this, like the sister hotel Halaveli. I can assure anyone reading these reviews that the food is perfect and some people are just picky!

The amenities of the resorts are first class with all inclusive water sports, pool and games room, but beyond anything else are the standard and quality of the rooms and the snorkeling. We stayed in the senior water number villa 74. The room is huge with a large deck that offers shade and sunbathing at all times throughout the day. The internal finish to the room is of the highest quality without being too clinical. Our rooms had 2 outside showers, one at the entrance to the ocean and another by the romantic outside bath tub. Inside there is a huge waterfall shower room, separate WC and his and hers sinks. Rauff our room attendant was impeccable, tidying the room twice a day and replenishing the well stocked mini bar. We always asked for extra M&Ms and extra we got!!! Tip - if you want a different drink, snack, wine, Prosecco that is not already in your mini bar, let your room attendant know and they will oblige.

Our villa 74 lead straight into 2-4 foot of water depending on the tide, with coral reef a 5 metre swim away. It would be impossible to communicate the beauty of what you can see just metres from your own villa, but to start with a few - mini sharks, rays, eels, lots of colourful reef fish and turtles. All very friendly and never threatening. I highly recommend snorkeling all of the different bays on the island to see different fish.

In the evenings the party doesn't stop, after dinner we would retire to the Manta bar for a shisha and cocktails whilst the DJ played a fantastic choice of music into the early hours if guests were game. A special thank you to Shahab who was very attentive and always ensured that we were having a great time.

We would recommend enjoying some of the extra services if your budget allows, such as the Cinefooshi (private cinema on the beach) and private beach dining, both of which we did and thoroughly enjoyed. Although expensive, they were worth every penny. The Cinema experience was fantastic, they had gone all out with popcorn, canapes, Prosecco and had created a truly romantic setting. The Spa treatments were fabulously luxurious and service professional and friendly. The resort also offers many excursions which we heard great things about from other guests and personally enjoyed the Dolphin Excursion where we saw many on a highly thrilling dolphin chase!

We never usually visit the same place twice but with this resort we are very tempted to return! Thank you for making our honeymoon truly perfect!

Room Tip: EVEN numbered Senior Water Villas lead straight into the sea, although odd numbers offer a sunset vi...
6 Thank Lalalu86
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We went to Moofushi for 8 nights in our honeymoon and i must say it was a dream vacation.
I can olnly say great things about it:

Great staff, beautiful beach, great food, delicious cheese selection,

AWESOME all inclusive Wine and Drink list (premium internatinal spirits and wine) with Internacionally trained sommeliers all very helpful and nice to help with the food pairing.
Me and my wife love food and wine and i must say that Gaitan, Shane and all their team took our honeymoon to a step beyond what we were expecting. It was fabulous!

Big and beautiful rooms, we definitely recomend the Water villas.

The mini bar is also all inclusive and it has chocolates, pringles, candies, beer, white wine, red wine, soft drinks.

The restaurants have sand floor, we loved it.

Its all just pure relaxation, great for switching off from the real world and charging up your batteries.

mac mini computer in the room with a huge (200+) selection of movies (all free of charge).

Wish we could return every couple of month...

3 Thank Brgloria
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Well, we never return to the same resort, but Moofushi is the exception. We just returned from a nine day stay and from beginning to end we felt like stars. The staff not only remembered us from 6 mos. before, but were sincerely gracious. We had stayed at a senior villa last time, but found the beach front buree even more convenient - smaller but more intimate - great outdoor shower. Kai, the General manger has made noticable improvements since we've returned. Stephen, the head chef is enthusuastic and has an amazing palate. He has hired several new chefs who surprised us at each all-inclusive meal. Gaetan took us on a tour of Burgundy in his tasting room, and we are especially fond of Chardoneys and Pinot Noirs thanks to his heritage and expertise. This was our 6th visit to The Maldives and we previously avoided all-inclusive resorts, but again, Moofushi is the exception - excellent cuisine, fine wines and superb diving. Thanks for a great stay and who knows, we may make it back from London a third time, Dave and Kate Lane

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Katemplane
Constance Moofu... M, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Kate and Dave,

Greetings to London from Constance Moofushi!

Thank you ever so much for your most gracious comments and feedback about your most recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed it - yet again!

Chef Stephen and Gaetan send their best regards, and appreciate it very much that their services have been so recognized and appreciated.

On behalf of everyone at Constance Moofushi, thank you again for the kind and positive feedback, and we look forward to your next return visit.

With best regards

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed for 7 nights in October. It was a 35 minute seaplane ride from the airport. 70-80% of the guest were Chinese.

Pros:
Excellent service provided by the wait staff in the manta restaurant and Totem bar.
Excellent cocktails and service at totem bar ( not as good at manta bar)
The rooms were very clean and house keeping was great (Ali).
Excellent house reef. but unfortunately some of the guests were breaking pieces of the corals.
Loved the daily ice cream/sorbet selection.
Good variety at lunch and dinner buffet.

Cons:
Check in process very disorganized.
Service at Manta bar and Elize super slow.
The island was too overdeveloped with too many lights .
Breakfast was very basic.
Eye sore includes breakers and sand bags near manta bar.
Stayed in a water villa. Some of the water villas are partially on land. Found the room to be small and basic. Inconvenient steps leading to bathroom area. Bathroom has no ventilation and poor arrangement on privacy. Toilet very slow to fill. Had water dripping from the ceiling at three different spots after rain.
All inclusive includes cigarettes and meant more tobacco users. There is always someone smoking in the vicinity.
Limited included activities and expensive excursions.

9 Thank dragonfly08
Constance Moofu... M, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Sunny greetings from Constance Moofushi to Toronto, Canada!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and feedback with us and the Tripadvisor Community.

It is fantastic to hear your wonderful feedback on the staff and service quality espeically in Manta restaurant and Totem Bar.

I appreciate your feedback about the perceived slower service in Manta Bar and Alize; please note that we are constantly training our team members as we truly want them to excel.

Regarding your comments about the barriers and sandbags that are in place (actually the sandbags have since you wrote this review been removed), please note that Moofushi, as most islands, need these barriers to protect the island from erosion and without which Moofushi would disappear. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Thank you for your constructive feedback, which we will certainly take into consdieration as our aim is to always improve on our already excellent service and facilities.

We would very much welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to our little piece of paradise.

Best regards

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed in Moofushi as a part of our honeymoon trip between 09-14 October. I don't write reviews usually but if I didn't write a review for Moofushi I was going to feel bad.

From greeting (Aza was really helpful) to leaving hotel everything was perfect, quick and fuss free. Front desk, bar, restaurant, housekeeping staff was always helpful, smiling. I can say that for all the hotels I've been Moofushi has the best and most professional staff.

We stayed in water villa 103. We had asked for an odd numbered, no 101 or up villa before according to reviews I read from Tripadvisor. And I suggest you do the same; our room had a partial sunset view, away from the noise of the seaplanes and had a lively house reef. Our villa looked exactly in its photos was very clean (even for a neato person like me :) ) and was cleaned by housekeeping twice a day. One thing we like the most about villa was; when we came from dinner to our villa everything was tidied up (including our shoes and clothes), bed was opened for sleeping and cute lights on the bedside was turned on by housekeeping staff we thank them for that! Without hesitation I can say bed, blanket and pillows are the most comfortable ones I have ever slept on. And I would be really really happy If I could know what their brand is. The only thing negative I can say was, lock of the shower door was broken and kept opening in the night so the sound of the rain and wind came directly through the room. Last 2 days of our vacation weather was cloudy and windy so we watched movies in our room, and there are many genres and movies to choose from. We were going to take the movie list to watch the ones we couldn't watch but forgot to take list. If someone from the hotel reads my review: I would also be really happy if I could get the movie list :)

Drink and food quality was very good in both Alizee, Manta Restaurant and Totem bar. But food was too much Asian for our taste. Hotel had mostly Asian guests and I think that was the reason. But I've seen many Turkish and European guests in the hotel also so maybe food can be "Europenized" a little bit maybe? We also loved signature cocktails (Special thanks goes to Shahab) in Manta bar.

We booked a couples massage in Le Spa de Constance, staff was very friendly and professional and I recommend spa too.

Staff in Bluetribe was also great, we had booked a snorkeling extravaganza trip but the weather was rainy and windy that day so we wanted to cancel our booking and they cancelled without any argument. It was a shame the weather was that bad I really wanted to go to that trip.

Also if you don't like to hear children crying in your vacation I can recommend Constance Moofushi there were only 2 families with children and their children were always quiet :)

Thanks to everyone in Moofushi who made our honeymoon perfect!

Room Tip: We stayed in water villa 103. We had asked for an odd numbered, no 101 or up villa before according...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunny greetings from Constance Moofushi to Ankara, Turkey!

Thank you for your gracious comments and wonderful feedback about our staff, facilities and service.

We are so pleased to know that had a perfect honeymoon at Constance Moofushi, and especially Shahab was so pleased to hear that his service has been recoginzed and so appreciated.

I appreciate your feedback on the food variety, which we will take into consdieration, as we always seek to improve our services to the great variety of nationalities and taste of our guests.

We look forward to your return visit, and thank you again for your wonderful review.

Best regards

#1 of 1 in Halaveli Island
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Huvahandhoo Island

Been to Constance Moofushi? Share your experiences!