“Paradise Island”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moofushi Island
London
“Paradise Island”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed in a water villa for 7 nights. It was absolute heaven. We have stayed in a Constance hotel before, which was amazing and led to use choosing Constance again for out Maldives trip. We were very pleased we did. The brand is very consistent and did not let us down.

Everything was perfect, from the scenery to the rooms and the service. The all inclusive package is excellent. We went on the dolphin sightseeing boat trip for the free trip included in the Cristal package. Unfortunately we didn't see any dolphins but the hotel obviously can't be blamed for this.

The food was varied every day and neither of us had any problems finding something to eat, even as a fussy vegetarian. The staff went out of their way to get you what you wanted, even items which were not on offer that day. The service was very attentive but not smothering. The waiters remembered small details and there was a great personal touch. It was lovely that the executive chef was by the buffet every day to talk to guests.

The facilities are excellent - everything which was needed was there. We didn't use the spa but it looked wonderful. The island is beautiful, simply stunning in every way. The beaches were beautiful and never busy. The water is exceptional and the coral all around the island is full of life. We snorkelled every day and saw an amazing array of fish.

The only negatives we could say was that we had a late flight out (11pm) and therefore decided to pay for the Constance lounge at the airport on the way back. We were disappointed that there was a charge to use the lounge on the way home in the first place as it was free on the way out. The charge ($58 USD pp) included dinner so we begrudgingly paid. Once the food arrived at the lounge, we were very disappointed at the quality. It was a million miles away from what we ate daily on the island. I understand that it probably comes from somewhere on Male, but they shouldn't charge so much when the quality is so poor. We felt ripped off for amount we paid, which was a shame after everything on the island was so perfect. My advice would be don't pay for the lounge and eat in one of the restaurants at the airport.

Also, there were occasionally some people smoking in the restaurant/bar. I understand that as there are no walls, it could be classed as outside, however there is a ceiling and I did not enjoy people smoking around me, especially as I am pregnant. I feel that there should be a no smoking policy in the bar/restaurant. Smokers could sit at one of the outside tables if they wish to smoke.

We would thoroughly recommend the resort and would love to go back one day. It was the most relaxing week and we felt very spoilt. Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful time.

Room Tip: If you're staying in a water villa, request an odd numbered villa from 101-137 as these have lov...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Moofushi C, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
It was a pleasure to welcome you back to Constance Hotels & Resorts and to had have you as our guest at Constance Moofushi for the first time. I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our hospitality and services throughout your stay. I sincerely appreciate your positive feedback, especially your praise for our culinary offerings. Our Executive Chef, Stephen Wheeler, will be delighted to hear that he and his team have provided you with such memorable experiences.

Thank you for your constructive comments, which are key for us to be able to continuously improve our service. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused at dinner time with other patrons smoking near to your table, as we ask our guests wishing to smoke to take a table in the outside seating area of the restaurant. We will be sure to continue to enforce this policy more rigorously in future. I am sorry to hear that the quality of the food in our lounge was not what you had expected.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing Constance Moofushi as your holiday destination, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kai Hoffmeister

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

3rd trip to Maldives. I went with my 19 year old daughter and it was the most perfect time for us to spend together and chill out. Last time I stayed at Hallaveli (the other Constance brand in the Maldives) which is a great resort but for me Moofushi is a nicer island and has a really wonderful vibe. I think this is partly due to the fact that it's all inc. and therefore very relaxed and the other major factor is the staff. They all seem very happy and are a joy to be around. One of the reasons for this is that many of the staff live on thier own island , which you can see from Moofushi, and come to work by boat in the morning and go home at night. They are well looked after by the Constance Corp.
I could go on about how fantastic it is there, and it is, but I would only be repeating what everyone else has said.
What I will say is...if you can, stay in a senior water villa. They are very spacious and well designed and beautiful. We had villa 79, which I had requested, as it's right at the end of the jetty. It had a fantastic un-broken view of the lagoon and it was on the sun set side. What a joy to sit on the veranda watching the sun go down with a cold glass of wine,or three !
There are many good excursions you can do at Blue tribe but if you only do one go on the whale shark trip. We saw three and the last one was 9 meters long. What an experience to snorkel over these beautiful mystical creatures.
The only thing I felt quite strongly that was a negative was the lack of shade around the pool, There are some umbrellas but they are quite small and we were constantly having to move around to get some shade.
I was a bit unsure about the all inc. package with regards to the food, but trust me it is very, very good. We ate on the beach at Alizee under the stars three times. A wonderful setting and great food and service..
All in all a great resort, great staff,food,snorkelling,booze,setting,ambience. Just go. (lucky you)
Do contact me if you want any advice.

Room Tip: Senior water villa every time. Have a bath in the outdoor tub over the water under the stars.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank boo458
We thank you for choosing Constance Moofushi as your holiday destination.

It is a pleasure to read such positive feedback of your stay, and I am so happy to know that you have enjoyed our genuine hospitality and service provided by our team members. Thank you for highlighting our all inclusive Cristal Package, and I am pleased to hear that you have found it to exceed your expectations, which is most rewarding for us to know.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our little piece of paradise in near future, I remain

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed at Constance Moofushi for 6 nights in a beach villa then went on to Constance Halaveli for 4 nights in a water villa. Whilst we also loved Haliveli, Moofushi was outstanding!

From the moment we arrived at Male airport we received an excellent welcome and everything was done for us and we felt totally relaxed.

Our stay at Moofushi completely exceeded our expectations and we enjoyed it tremendously.

Moofushi have got the balance just right between excellent service and facilities and a relaxed atmosphere and ambiance. The island itself and the rooms are spotlessly clean (our room guy Naushad did a great job and the groundsmen keep the island pristine). The food choice and quality are excellent, as are the wines and drinks choice in the bar - the nightly 'theme' in the restaurant keeps it interesting and you never get bored eating in the same place every night - the cristal all inclusive approach ensures for a relaxed and hassle free holiday - wouldn't change one thing and want to go back!

Loved the open air rain shower.

Loved the barefoot approach - didn't wear shows or flip flops for the whole 6 nights which again added to the relaxed atmosphere.

All the staff are very attentive (without being overbearing) and very friendly.

Racked our brains trying to think of a criticism and honestly can't think of one single thing - being really picky perhaps the gift shop could keep a small stock of camera memory cards and items such as this, as there are no shops - I filled my memory card as I took a lot more underwater video clips than i expected. However, to be fair to the hotel, they ordered a memory card from Male for me and it was left in our room 2 days later so can't really class this as a criticism, just a suggestion!

We stayed at beach villa 17 which was a great location and close to the shoreline, very peaceful at night.

Snorkelling in moofushi is amazing and much better than Halaveli - the snorkeling extravaganza excursion is well worth the trip but even the snorkelling just of the beach is amazing - I swam alongside a turtle and saw a fairly large whitetip shark, not to mention countless species of fish.

Although the vast majority of reviews on here are excellent, I am completely mystified how anybody can give this resort a negative review (of which there are a couple) - I can only go on my own experience and say that I cannot fault this place.

Yes it's expensive to book like everywhere in the Maldives but boy do they deliver!

.....off to start saving to come back :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Gregor M
Thank you for choosing Constance Moofushi as your holiday destination in Maldives, and for sharing your gracious comments and feedback.

It is very kind of you to mention Naushad personally in such a positive light, and I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team and Naushad himself of course, which is always most motivating and rewarding for our team.

I appreciate your suggestion to have memory cards available for purchase in our boutique, allowing us to further enhance the experience of our valued guests.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in near future, and remain

Yours sincerely

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 April 2014

First trip to the Maldives celebrating our 15th Anniversary. Studied the Tripadvisor reports religiously for weeks before deciding on the Constance Moofushi. Wasn't a long trip but was just perfect for our hectic schedule. We like the fact that it has a casual feel. I almost couldn't have dinner when we were at a resort in Mauritius as I only had one pair of pants! No such problem here.

The seaplane ride was fabulous although a bit warm and one gets fantastic views of the various atolls. Dress lightly as the planes can be a bit stuffy initially. On arrival, one gets a friendly greeting by the staff who addresses everyone by name. And since we already had all the formalities done at the lounge in Male, we were very quickly ushered to water villa 36 by the lovely Ko.

Initially a little disappointed by the location since it was not "fully" over water as the walkway is still on the island. However, it soon turned out to be a great villa. We could easily just step off and start snorkeling with the drop-off a couple of hundred feet off at best. Marine life was plentiful and we even saw a sting ray swim all the way to the villa. Best of all, we did not have to walk too far for meals and yet had a water villa. The seaplane would park off our side of the island overnight and each morning we had an amazing time watching the plane take off. Still, I do realise that this might not be for everyone given that the noisy engine sound might intrude on your beauty sleep.

Food was more than adequate and really nothing to complain. Not exactly Michelin star quality but was nevertheless plentiful and delicious. The resort has an all-inclusive package and so we ate and drank to our hearts content - all in barefoot. Just absolutely heavenly.

We went out to snorkel on the sandbank, which incidentally was submerged as the tides were high. Shortly after we started heading back, the crew spotted manta rays and even asked if we wanted to get back into the sea. Obviously we all agreed and quickly got back into the water for an incredible time swimming with the manta rays. Was definitely an amazing moment. And thanks to my brother's underwater camera, we even managed to capture a few pictures of these majestic and graceful creature in their natural environment. We also signed up for windsurfing lessons and was thrilled that we could do it - albeit not very well. Many thanks to Mauro, our instructor.

For our dinner at the Alizee, we happened to pick a full moon night. Food was great, tasty and fresh. And we were so well looked after by everyone, every single step of the way. We have been to our fair share of island resorts across Asia, Hawaii, Fiji and Mauritius This was indeed a dream vacation staffed by fantastic people, in a jewel of an island amidst the clear waters of the Indian Ocean. We wished we could stay forever.... but alas, as the sign says when you depart... "Back to Reality Beyond This Point".

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank C_James06
Sunny greetings from sunny Maldives!

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your 15th Wedding anniversary with us in Constance Moofushi.

I appreciate the time taken to share your gracious comments and feedback of your stay at Moofushi with us. I am so happy to hear that our services have provided you with such a memorable experience, and we will be sure to share your kind comments with the entire team. Knowing how much guests have enjoyed their stay at Moofushi is always most rewarding and motivating to hear for all of us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our little piece of paradise in the near future.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I stayed there April 7th to 14th in a Senior Water Villa. After the sea plane transfer we arrived to a wonderful welcome with a 'tour' round the island, literally 15 minutes all the way round. The resort itself is well laid out and immaculately kept; our villa was truly a haven. But most off all, the friendliness and dedication of all of the staff shone through, always a warm greeting and happy to help make our stay as perfect as possible.

Our villa was #64 on the atoll side of the senior water villas, it is near a small house keeping hut but we were in no way disturbed by this and benefited from extra space on one side. The room was service twice daily, we spent most of the morning there on the terrace and were always impressed with housekeeping standard, Lugman always gave a friendly greeting and let us know when he was finished.

A short swim out with the included snorkel gear provide coral and sea life for a brilliant experience including rays. Both of us also went to the dive center for the discover scuba experience which given the location was well priced considering the location; I'd say the same of all the excursions offered. We had an excursion included and chose the Dolphin watching trip, didn't see any which isn't uncommon at the time of year apparently so I'd recommend being at the Totem bar around 6pm with a cocktail instead as the swim past on occasion and a different excursion.

The buffet restaurant had a nice selection with themes through out the week, sharing a bottle of wine we mad a 3 course occasion out of every dinner, again excellent service around. The ala carte restaurant was also excellent, we both had scallops, fillet steak and dessert.

Keep an eye out for the wine tasting on the beach (well in the sea really), we hadn't done anything like that before so it was not only interesting but the sunset was beautiful and the reef sharks joining in something unforgettable.

We finished our last night with the cinifushi the beach, a great experience with the clear night sky, I was also impressed again by the service as we were checked several times for more drinks and anything else we needed.

A final note on the barefoot nature of the resort, all of the beaches and public spaces are sand and maintained for the no shoes theme. Some sand is softer than others and yes the deck gets hot during the day, but even with the excellent service, I doubt this hotel could change the fact that the sun makes things hot.

Would I stay again...absolutely, just waiting for next years dates to be bookable.

1 Thank Ivan G
Sunny greetings from beautiful Maldives!

Thank you very much for choosing Constance Moofushi as your holiday destination, and I appreciate the time taken to write the detailed and most positive review of your stay at Moofushi.

I am so happy to hear that you have enjoyed the combination of beauty of Maldives, unique activities and genuine hospitality. Lugman will be thrilled to read that this service particularly has been so appreciated. It is so nice to know that our barefoot luxury concept, with its natural island setting, relaxing atmosphere and white beaches has been so well received and provided a memorable experience

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to our Jewel Island next year.

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This place was amazing; for several reasons. The service was top notch. Everyone there has a smile on their face and seems happy to be part of the Constance program.

My wife and I spent ten days there on our honeymoon and to be honest, the awe this experience leaves you with just seems to become more and more impressive every day after you leave; the total experience still hasn't completely hit me. And yes - we travel all over the world and have the good fortune to compare this against other unique experiences. Simply put; stay in the water and do as much in that part of the trip as possible. After all, you can sit on beaches of white sands and clear water, with all you can eat and drink, in locations all over the world, but you will have very few opportunities in any of those places to swim with Whale Sharks and Manta Rays and scuba dive sheer cliff faces of reefs that are home to literally millions of the brightest fish you will see in one spot.

There is a reason my buddies in the wedding that are divers were so envious of us - this place sits on the top of lists of dream destinations for divers all over the world. And Constance makes this a service experience that you might spend the rest of your life trying to find again.

Room Tip: I do not know if the rooms facing the north hear the sea planes that much. Fact is; my wife and I a...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Moofushi C, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Sunny greetings from beautiful Maldives!

It was indeed our pleasure to have had you with us for such a special occasion - your honeymoon - and I would like to once again congratulate you on your very important lifetime event.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback given to us, as it is always motivating for us to read such positive feedback and to know our valued guests like you had such a memorable experience at Constance Moofushi. As you have kindly mentioned, we can be proud of the rich marine life around the resort, for which Moofushi is actually famous for.

We truly hope to welcome you back to our tranquil Jewel Island in near future.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had our dream holiday at Moofushi resort from 13th of March until the 26th of March. We almost don't have words for how amazing this place is!!:))Our wedding ceremony was even more beautiful than we expected! Our wedding planner; Shahab, did an amazing job!!The guys that made the ceremony so beautiful; George, Najja, Muddsir and KD!! It could not have been more perfect! He always made sure we were happy all the time during our stay!!:))The service at Moofushi must be one of the best in the world!
We stayed in a beautiful water villa right on the edge of the pier, with THE best housekeeper, Rashad, that gave us the best service we've experienced! He decorated our room beautifully with flower decorations, kept our villa remarkable clean and tidy at all times, and the most important thing; he was always smiling and happy to talk to us:) Beautiful food, loooovely desserts, and a sommelier (Nash) that remembers what wine you like, and what you've tasted! The service from everyone working in the restaurants, bars from the cook, to the waiters is just incredible!! We've had THE best lunch experience in our life when they(KD) asked if we wanted to sit out in the water with loads of fish and small baby blacktip reef shark..super cool!! Especially KD did a great job!!! He always made sure everything was perfect:) And the people in the reception always tried to do their best to make our stay unforgettable. And it sure was!! We highly recommend this place to everyone!!:)) Not only beautiful beaches, great location, lovely people working there, but loads to do if you like water sports! We went snorkeling every day from our villa..amazing marine life just outside our villa, went kayaking around the island, great diving with sea turtles, tried wind surfing, fishing one evening from one of the boats, and went sailing on a beautiful Dhoni! This you HAVE TO DO!! Amazing in the sunset with champagne and canapes, and a super great captain, Iku!! One happy man!!:))
We will NEVER forget this beautiful experience!!!:))) And hopefully we'll come back for an anniversary:))
We highly recommend this for everyone!!:))))

Room Tip: We had a beautiful water villa right on the edge of the pier...love the location! Great that the fam...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Moofushi C, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you very much once again for choosing us for your holiday in beautiful Maldives. It was our great pleasure to have held your wedding on the resort, and I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate once again for your very special lifetime event and may all coming days and years for you with your partner be filled with happiness and love.

We also appreciate the time taken to share the feedback of your stay at Moofushi. We are truly grateful to know you have fully enjoyed beautiful nature of Maldives, unique activities and services, culinary feast with variety of wine, as well as our genuine hospitality throughout of your stay, and to see many of our team members are kindly mentioned personally in such positive lights. Kindly rest assured that your comments will be passed on to them and that they surely will be delighted. Knowing how much guests have enjoyed their stay at Moofushi is always a greatest motivation for all of us.

Looking forward to have a pleasure of welcoming you back to our Unique Jewel Island on your future anniversaries!

Yours sincerely

#1 of 1 in Rangali Island
Constance Halaveli
Constance Halaveli
#1 of 1 in Halaveli Island

Been to Constance Moofushi? Share your experiences!