“wonderful holiday”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moofushi Island
Tianjin, China
“wonderful holiday”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

we have spent our honeymoon on the resort on May and find it perfect. the senery is wonderful and the sevice is good. as the food, is fine,although we are a little dispointted about the Fast Eest Night at Manta. the resort gave us a free coupon on Alizee restaurant we enjoyed it very much, the food was wonderful.
the people at recepetion is very helpful.As we are from China, the Chinese girl(sorry i forget her name) was easygoing and gave us a lot of help and advisor.
thank u to the whole staff for giving us a perfect holiday

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zhao j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We visited this island paradise in March for our honeymoon. It was everything that we expected and so much more. It was splendid and everything was just perfect. We were so well looked after. The restaurants were excellent and the spa was AMAZING! Everyone was always kind and fellow holiday makers always seemed to be having a fabulous time. The snorkelling and the beach were picture perfect beautiful and the excursions were most enjoyable. The sommeliers were fantastic as well.
Absolutely perfect honeymoon! Water Villas are a must. Take lots of sunscreen. It will be great!

Room Tip: Water villas. There further a long the jetty the better. The food is delisious, so the walk is worth...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elena C
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was our first trip to the Maldives. We've been married for 29 years and yes it's great for honeymooners but you don't have to be newlyweds to appreciate all that this fantastic resort has to offer. The island is beautiful and the facilities provided are wonderful; great spa, fitness centre and games areas with snooker/poole table. There are two yoga classes daily if you want them. The snorkelling here is fab - plenty to see. We stayed 3 nights in a beach villa then 4 nights in a senior water villa -. previous reviews describe these well so all I'll just say I'm glad we did both - they were both superb and we'll book a split basis again when we return in a few years time. The staff are all fabulous, genuinely interested in doing all they can to help and obviously happy in their jobs. We particularly liked Shahab, KD and Riefkhan (hope I've spelt correctly!) who we chatted to regularly and became friends with. In fact KD put us in touch with the on site doctor when my husband had a back problem - the doctor was great and, surprisingly, the all inclusive basis even covered our medical treatment. Also, the sommeliers Nash and Raoul were exceptionally good; the wine tasting in the sea with Nash and the cellar tour with Raou were memorable The food here is excellent, faultless,as you'll have read in earlier reviews. We have travelled to many countries and stayed in some high quality hotels over the years and we don't usually return to them because we like to explore new locations. However, we are definitely returning to Constance Moofushi in 2016, it really is perfect and we'll be staying for longer next time!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 Thank Jeanette1Veale
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have never felt compelled to write a negative review; however, I feel it necessary to warn future travelers of this experience.

We had a wonderful time on our honeymoon; however, I must warn future travelers to beware that your luggage and articles contained therein may be subject to theft.

Our personal items were intruded upon, and stolen while we were staying at the resort. I am a professional, and travel frequently. We are sure that the articles were taken from our room, out of our luggage. We used the room safe for the majority of our items (as a precaution). In fact, this was the only item not put in the safe, and it was overtly stolen. With the type of money spent to stay at this resort, it is extremely concerning that guests have to be weary of items being stolen from their room.

The resort management has failed to offer a proper resolution, and has refused to reimburse us for our losses. They claim that the person cleaning our room has never been previously accused of stealing; however, that does not give travelers like us the security of knowing that it will not happen in the future. We are sure that it happened at this resort, and feel it our duty to warn future travelers of this occurrence.

This experience turned our beautiful honeymoon into an unforgettable nightmare! Beware!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
25 Thank Jermaine N
Moofushi C, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Jermaine N, thank you for choosing Constance Moofushi as the destination of your honeymoon, and for sharing your valued feedback with the rest of the Tripadvisor Community.
I am so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Losing a personal item which carries sentimental value is always an unpleasant circumstance, which I completely understand. Providing all our guests with the best hospitality and services possible is our daily mission, and our answer to you in a private forum was simply based on facts explaining the outcome of our internal investigation. It was not intended to discredit you or upset you.

Since then, we have continued our dialogue, and I would be most pleased to welcome you back to our little piece of paradise - Constance Moofushi - in the near future.

With best regards

Kai Hoffmeister
Manasquan, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was our first trip to the Maldives, my husband and I traveled 26 hours (from New Jersey) for our honeymoon, and were so exhausted when we arrived, but it was SO WORTH THE TRIP! From the moment we landed in Male we were greeted by the Constance staff who whisked us to the private lounge and provided cool towels and snacks and beverages. We boarded the sea plane a short time later (and yes it is as hot and small as everyone says so be prepared!) but it was only about a 35 minute trip (including the drop off we did at the Halveli on our way to Moofushi). The views are also amazing and a great way to see the different islands! I thought I'd be scared of the sea plane but I really wasn't, it was a fun experience. We had originally booked Halveli but after reading all the reviews on pricing we decided to switch to Moofushi and we were so glad that we did. ( A decision I was nervous about at first after seeing how nice the private plunge pools at Halveli were!)

Once we arrived at Moofushi, Kai, the manager greeted us with the staff and took our luggage, we were given a beverage and a cool towel and shown a brief tour of the resort on the way to our Senior Water Villa. Its hard to describe the scenery, the best way is that it feels like you're living in a post card... everywhere you look its so blue and picturesque. We were told it was the monsoon season so the weather could be questionable (we had known this when we booked) and it was a bit breezy when we arrived but it was a welcome wind with the heat. Once we arrived in our room we were beyond pleased, cold air conditioning greets you, our room had 3 showers (2 outside, and one inside) an out door bath tub, his and her sinks, a vanity/dressing area, and plenty of living area inside, all before you got outside to the large deck that went right down to the water (one of the outside showers is located at the stairs going into/out of the ocean). We were welcomed in our room with gifts from the hotel including a tray of fresh fruit and chilling champagne - a lovely touch!! I could go on and on describing each detail and day because I'd love to relive the trip myself but I'll just stick to the highlights!

The service is amazing. Waheem, our room cleaning staff did a phenomenal job, when we mentioned to him that we didn't drink chardonnay (the wine that they stock in your mini fridge) he told us that if we called the front desk they'd place a request with the sommelier and send the wine of our choice. We made one phone call and then had a full sized bottle of Sauvignon blanc delivered to the room daily with an ice bucket, we loved this as we often came back to the room after dinner and enjoyed wine on the deck, or took the bottle down to the end of the pier and watched the sunset nightly. Waheem made up our room every morning and turned down the bed every night while we were at dinner... on our last night he also did the bed up in hearts and flower petals- it was such a sweet touch!

Food - I've been to a lot of all inclusives all over the Caribbean, often times the food included gets repetitive after a few days, especially when eating 2-3 meals a day at the buffet but this was not the case, each night the buffet had a different theme (Mexican, Oriental, Maldivian, etc) but they also had plenty of plain choices if you weren't into the theme (always pasta & pizza available). Breakfast even changed daily, either freshly made crepes, or waffles, or pancakes everyday, Adam, our breakfast waiter, was always so sweet, he remembered that we liked iced coffee and order it right away and he'd bring me the paper every morning (granted he brought "Britain today" as they had no US news) but it was very nice to be greeted by him every morning!

We spent a lot of our late mornings at the pool as something I was not prepared for with the snorkeling (as I've done a lot of it in the Caribbean) was the sharks and sting rays that would be ever present in the water off our room & on the beach (we were told they were safe to swim with as long as you didn't bother them they wouldn't bother you, but its still a bit disconcerting for this nervous swimmer) so we spent our time at the lovely infinity pool, where often times for hours we would be the only couple there, perhaps joined by one or two later on. Hassan, our pool waiter, was amazing, always ready with a smile, a drink refill, and fresh fruit daily by the pool around noon time. We loved chatting with him and he always had a cold drink and a smile ready for us!! He would even walk along the pool wall if we were far from our chairs to hand deliver the drinks (despite us telling him we could swim to get them) now that's service!!

One of my favorite things about Moofushi (besides being treated like royalty and being formally addressed by name everywhere we went) was the a la carte lunches by Totem bar... everyday we would sit in the same table where Shifaz would greet us with our favorite drinks (glass of sauvignon blanc for me, a Corona for my husband) he remembered how we liked all of our food, recommended different things for us, and even made me very sweet animals out of the palm leaves (which I packed & brought home in my suitcase because they made me smile!) Shifaz was super friendly and gave impeccable customer service. My husband joked that I always wanted to go to that restaurant instead of the buffet daily to "see my boyfriend" because he always made me smile!

Dinners were also amazing both at Alize, the a la carte, which was included twice in our stay as we were there for 9 nights, and the buffet. We enjoyed the ability to sit on the beach, on the deck, in the garden area, or in the restaurant for buffet dinners, which gave you the impression you were dining somewhere else each night (especially as the menu changed!) service as always was amazing, all of the sommelier's were very knowledgeable and friendly (and also remembered what we liked!). They offered tours of the wine cellar if you stuck around after dinner service was over... we never took advantage of it but some friends we met on the resort did and said it was a great experience.

As for night life, we went to "feed the fish" at 9pm at the arrival/departure docks... I wasn't expecting to see soooo many rays!!! That was a really neat experience and we got some great pictures, some people were brave enough to feed them directly (I was not one of them) but it was a lot of fun. They had such a nice lounge set up all over the beaches with bean bag chairs and waiter service it was nice to be able to just spend time as a couple and still get great service no matter where on the island we were. We also enjoyed a few later nights in the main bar with the DJ who played from 10pm nightly... he is amazing at remembering names and would always remember requests and replay them on future nights when we would stop by for an after dinner drink/dancing. One night they did a traditional Maldivian dance show which was pretty neat to see, they got everyone involved as well (so don't sit too close to the dance floor if you're not up for it!).

We also spent some time in the spa, and took advantage of the honeymoon discount on the couples massage and treatment, highly recommend! The ladies gave a lovely massage (while we looked through the glass bottom floors!) and we had the chocolate treatment which was a luxurious experience. Afterward we got to relax at the edge of the dock with cold drinks and fresh fruit under the cabanas... definitely worth the money for the experience!

We did one excursion while there (the free one that came with the booking) and did the Snorkel experience.. we took about a 20 minute boat ride where they dropped us off in small groups and we snorkeled for 45 minutes before heading back to the boat... this was the first time I'd ever been snorkeling where the boat didn't stay for us to get back on if we felt uncomfortable so that was a little disconcerting but we did have a guide with us who pointed out the Manta ray that we saw! That was neat. We were also scheduled to do a sunset cruise but the night we were going was cloudy so we cancelled as there was no real sunset to see. I was disappointed that we couldn't do the sand bank experience as the tides were high while we were there so the meals that they'd normally serve you on the private sand bank they were just setting up on the other side of the beach on the island, while very nice, we didn't feel it was worth the money when all our other meals were served on the beach as well, so not seeing/being on the private sandbank was the one let down of an otherwise perfect experience.

Weather - we went during "Monsoon season" during which we only experienced 2 storms... one in the middle of the night which really had no impact on us though being in the water hut it was a bit loud with the waves but nothing major, and another afternoon we had a 20 minute storm around 330pm, but it passed quickly and the rest of the days were bright, sunny and HOT (definitely pack HIGH sunscreen!!)

The shop - We went into the shop a few times for some essentials (shaving crème for my husband, hair clips for myself) and the prices didn't seem to make sense to us... I was able to get sunglasses for US $35 and hair clips for $8 however some simple charm bracelets that you could buy anywhere in the US for very cheap were $99 USD! A woman's t-shirt I admired was $108 USD! Bathing suits were over $200 USD each... very pricey so don't plan to do much shopping on the resort... I was able to get one cover-up for $25 USD (which didn't make sense to me as others were hundreds of dollars). The airport in Male does have a souvenir shop so we saved our shopping for there. I understand its an island and everything has to be shipped in but some of the costs were just too much for what the product was.

The only points of feedback that I would have for the resort (not criticism at all just suggestions!) would be to also have US news at breakfast (we saw Japan, Germany, Britain, etc) but never US news... I know US travelers are the minority (By far) in this area of the world however we met at least 2 other couples there during our time from the states that echoed the same sentiment that they'd like to see some local news. Also, the bar doesn't open until 10am, often with breakfast we thought it would be nice to have a mimosa (after all it was our honeymoon!) but because we had breakfast at 9am we had to wait until later to enjoy a drink) Perhaps not open a full bar at that hour but have champagne available with the wait staff? We would have enjoyed that.

Overall I could not say enough nice things about the staff... even as we were leaving (we lucked out to get a 615pm sea plane as we had an 11pm flight) we wanted to book the Constance lounge at the Male resort as we had a 5 hour layover there, we didn't know we had to book in advance but Azu from the front desk made a few calls for us to ensure we were accommodated... I can't thank her enough as you definitely want to be in the lounge getting 5 star treatment, drinks, and food, instead of in the Male airport! She was a great help getting that done for us.

It feels silly to say but I cried when we were leaving, I don't know if we'll ever make it back to that part of the world again, but I would love to go back... it was such an amazing honeymoon, and pictures just don't do the place justice. We were treated like royalty for 10 amazing days and it was the perfect way to start our life together as husband and wife. Thank you Moofushi for an unforgettable holiday... we would love to return one day!!

Room Tip: We requested a high numbered Senior water villa, preferably 74 or 75, we got room 71 and almost aske...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank tkme2thebeach
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The service is great overall,staff is helpful and polite!All inclusive makes you full like hell,food is good,wide variety but almost the same everyday,highly recommend pasta,burger,coconut & banana ice cream.A bit disappointed the snorkel gear for rental is not in good condition,our masks have water leaking problem, it is better to bring your own gear!They have prescription mask for rental paying $10 per day.For room choice,I have do some research,the best for water villa is no.100-138 odd number,you can enjoy great sunset and direct access to awesome house reef,less seaplane noise.We stayed at 109 which is just perfect! Even number is better for senior water villa,as the reef is better and less windy! For senior,you have to walk about 10mins to restaurant while water villa only takes you 5mins. Do buy a waterproof camera, you will need it! The sand is not as soft as I expect, still need to wear shoes.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank abcy138
London
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Truly a magical place, perfect for a honeymoon. Very friendly and helpful staff and excellent sommeliers. You want for nothing and your every need is catered for. Constance have definitely got this very right.

• Stayed May 2014
#1 of 1 in Halaveli Island
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Huvahandhoo Island

Been to Constance Moofushi? Share your experiences!