Maldives is just wow! I'm sure you'll get this expression with any place you stay. We wanted a water villa with a great view and you definitely get it here. Make sure to get the sunset side, that's a must. It's always more expensive for a water villa, but is definitely worth it. Once we landed, which is pretty much flying into Male then taking a Sea plane, pretty cool experience, landing in water. You can't avoid the sea plane cost, there's only 1 company that provides it, Trans Maldivian Airways. Once you book the hotel, they will coordinate with you to sort this out. It's $400 per person for a round trip, it's really ogranized. Once you land in Male airport, you take a shuttle to the sea plane dock, check-in there and just wait for your flight.
As we arrived at the hotel, you're in paradise. We were welcomed by the staff and sat down with a welcome drink. A few minutes later we were given a 1-on-1 orientation where we learned all that we needed to, nice start. Once done, we were off walking from the dock and looking down into the aqua coloured water, we spotted a few tiny baby sharks and a manta ray of some sort along with schools of fishes, really cool.
So let's get down to the ratings. The villa itself was clean and comfortable. The only issue we had was the ants crawling on the dresser, just couldn't get rid of them. It wasn't such an issue as they weren't on the bed and never crawled on you, but were just annoying. The island and resort was amazing, breakfast and dinner was always satisfying. Dinner was great because they had themed nights, so not always the same food. I suggest going with the half board (breakfast + dinner inclusive). For lunch we ate from the menu, prices were really reasonable. Alcohol too was cheap, during promotion time a beer is around $5, out of promotion maybe like $6.50 or so. Pool was nice, but we hardly spent anytime there. We just kept snorkelling around, snorkelling in the ocean (daily free boat ride takes you out there), did some dolphin watching, visited another island and so on. We kept busy which was great, otherwise chilling on the deck or on the beach. Staff were all super friendly and attentive. We booked a dinner on the beach for one of the nights, though the reception did make an error with the date, but whatever it worked out anyway.
Highly recommend this one, keep in mind that there's no reef on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Medhufushi Island Resort is a haven of peace and relaxation. An air of tranquility pervades the idyllic island which is adorned with shady coconut trees and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Medhufushi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medhufushi Island Hotel Meemu Atoll
- Medhufushi Island Meemu Atoll