“The Most Memorable Trip Ever”
Review of W Maldives

W Maldives
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fesdhoo Island
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have stayed two days with my relatives on 4th Aug. Once we got off the Sea Plane, we were welcomed by the friendly Staff and had an ice cold milk tea on the way to the Villa. Bugi was provided. Water was stunning and beaches were crystal clear. We stayed at Beach Villa (Rm106), we Snorkeled outside of our room, we saw a varieties of fishes and sea turtles.

Since My toes were wounded during snorkeling, Dr Fiaz Jillani who worked at the Clinic was very kind and professionals at work. First, he asked me in details how did I get injury and did a very good treatment of my wounds. Daily dressings on my toes were needed. If I want to go snorkeling, he would use different kinds of bandages making sure that the water wouldn't go inside the wounds. Telling me what to prevent so that the healing process was going well. Also, my cousin was injured by the jellyfish, so he put some medicine on the wounds and after 2 hours he could go swimming again. Thank you very much for his treatment and all of us are fully recovered.

On the other hand, the Serving Chief did an excellent job on recommending the food for me. Each of the Staff have a friendly smile on their faces, it was awesome. The breakfast at the Kitchen, Lamb chops, tuna, smoke salmon, oysters and lobsters at FIRE. Catch of the Day at FISH Restaurant definitely A MUST TRY.

It was a wonderful and memorable trip ever.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jean-Marc M, General Manager at W Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Hi Elfrida,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled to read that you had an amazing and relaxing time on our luxury playground and you enjoyed your stay in the Beach Oasis and enjoyed the snorkeling experience.

Our talents would be pleased to read that they made your stay a special one!

We hope to welcome you soon again,

Jean-Marc MaPoon

There are newer reviews for W Maldives

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I just stayed at the W Maldives for 7 nights as part of our honeymoon. It totally exceeded our expectations. Having stayed at a few W hotels I must say this is by far the best. We had an ocean retreat, its was spacious and had a lovely outdoor decking area. The rooms are cleaned twice a day. The food is delicious and if you have any dietary requirements the chefs are more than happy to cater to your needs. There are spots around the island where you can get unlimited icecream and drinks. The service is very personalised, the staff knew who we were before we arrived, and we were greeted by name by everyone from the Operations manager down to the restaurant staff. The w insider at the Maldives was extremely friendly and helpful, and went out of his way to ensure we had a special trip- a photoshoot at sunset was one of the highlights! I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want somewhere idyllic and private.It is expensive, but worth every penny!!

1  Thank Sarika7
Jean-Marc M, General Manager at W Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Hi Sarika,

Many thanks for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled to read that you had an amazing stay with us for your honeymoon in the Ocean Oasis and you truly enjoyed the activities as well as the delicious delicacies in our different venues.

We will make sure to share your review with all our talent.

We hope you will visit us soon again on our luxury playground,

Jean-Marc Ma Poon

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Amazing getaway. Arrived by seaplane from main airport to our private paradise. Service terrific from the W staff. All rooms whether on the beach or overwater are fantastic. Our 2000+ square foot beach villa had an "attic" upstairs with a full beach view, swinging day bed, ceiling fan which was perfect for afternoon relaxing. The patio included another day bed, a plunge pool and lounge chairs with beach access a mere 10 more feet away. Great snorkeling right off our beach. Very colorful with plenty to see while snorkeling. Good restaurant and bar choices. Island is well stocked with complimentary soda and ice cream bars too. Game room and more for additional relaxing by the pool and bar. The W IS the entire island/atoll. Maybe the best place I have ever stayed for R&R. BTW, don't ask about the prices, Just Do it.

Room Tip: You pick. Beach Villa or Over Water bungalow. Can't go wrong!

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for this taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor!

We are delighted to read you had an amazing time in the Beach Oasis and you enjoyed the snorkeling experience on our house-reef as well as our delicacies in the different venues.

Be sure that we will share your feebacks with our talent!

We hope to welcome you back again really soon at W Maldives!

Jean-Marc Ma Poon

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stay over 100 nights per year at Starwood properties and have stayed at some of the top luxury hotel brands around the world including the Peninsula, Ritz Carlton, Mandarin Oriental, Shangri-La, Four Seasons, among others. As such, I have experienced the service offered by some of the best hotels in the world.

I recently completed a 3 night stay at the W Maldives with my wife as part of a broader honeymoon trip. From the moment we set foot on the island to the moment we left the service provided was incomparable to that offered by any other hotel I've visited. The staff takes time to get to know every guest. This enables them to provide anticipatory service - meeting your needs before you know there is a need to be met. We were greeted by name by every single member of the staff throughout out stay - from the GM to the housekeeping staff. The staff being familiar with each guest translated to 'surprises' at meals, personalized activity recommendations, and genuinely warm/friendly treatment wherever we were on the island. This W property truly embodies "Whatever, Whenever".

We stayed in an Ocean Oasis room facing the ocean. The room was stunning and certainly one of the more unique rooms in which I've stayed. It was tastefully decorated in typical W style, had a neat window to the ocean below, a fantastic plunge pool on the massive deck, an outdoor shower, and the ability to snorkel from the room's deck. It was everything one would expect of a 5-star Maldives over water bungalow and did not disappoint.

This hotel is very expensive. The rooms are expensive, the food is expensive, activities are expensive, and seaplane transfers to the hotel are expensive. However, despite the expense I can say that this hotel was still a good "value" based off of the impeccable service, stunning location, and luxurious rooms. I strongly recommend this hotel and will absolutely be returning at some point in the near future.

Room Tip: Ocean Oasis rooms (or 2-bedroom suites) are necessary to truly experience all this hotel has to offe...
1  Thank uaglobalservices

Hi Kevan,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to read you had a magnificent stay with us and that out talent went to the extra step to provide you with outstanding service and respond to all your needs.

We hope to welcome you soon on our tropical playground.

All the best
Jean Marc Ma Poon

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I recently stayed at the W Maldives for just shy of a week. Those who have read my reviews know that I can be very critical of hotel experiences. With a few very tiny exceptions, the W was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. Because my criticisms were few, I'll start with them first. One, the food options were a bit limited. The breakfast at Kitchen is great, but if I had stayed longer than five days, I would have started to get bored quickly with the food selections. Two, they should consider putting locks on the back door that goes out to the beach. Although there's no indication of theft, I would have felt a little more comfortable knowing that door locked from the outside when I went snorkeling. Third, they should put soap dishes in the sink in the room with the toilet.

With that out of the way, let me extol the virtues of the W Maldives. It all starts and ends with service, and the service here was flawless. I've stayed at lovely resorts around Asia, and one of the things you learn to live with is inconsistent service. Yet here, every staff you encounter always smiles and says hello. The waiters in Kitchen are a little slow, but it's not so bad when they are super friendly. Alia who works at Wet bar is super sassy and fun. Nadim at the water sports center has exactly the cool, laid-back vibe you'd expect from a resort in paradise. Justin and Chunky, two of the operations managers, wander the island making sure everything is perfect, and they have done an excellent, excellent job training the staff, plus being fun and cool to talk to themselves.

The house reef is great for snorkeling. We got super lucky and saw wild dolphins (which even the staff say are very rare to see), large rays, black and white reeftip sharks, plus four sea turtles (three adult, one baby). The resort is quiet without lots of kids running around. There are public activities and a gorgeous public pool if you want to socialize. The ocean rooms all have private pools (I think the overwater bungalows do as well) if you want to hang out in private.

In terms of rooms, we had a beach-facing villa. I took a look at the overwater bungalows, and personally, I thought the beach villas were better because you could lounge on the beach and had more "real estate" so to speak. Plus, the beach villas have an upstairs solarium, and they're not so far from all the activities and restaurants. If you're on the far end of the overwater bungalows, you could be walking 15+ minutes (depending on your speed) to get to the main island.

Overall, this was a near perfect holiday experience, and the staff here are what sets this place apart. You'll pay a lot, but you'll get a lot in return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ricedish
Jean-Marc M, General Manager at W Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Hi Ricedish,

Thank you really much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read that you had a great W experience with us and you enjoy the snorkeling on our house-reef! Our Talents would be glad to read that they provided you with outstanding service and responded to all your needs.

We have well noted your feedbacks on the food options, door locked and soap dishes in the room.

Hope to see you soon on our tropical playground,

Jean-Marc Mapoon

Reviewed 10 August 2014

W Maldives is a great honeymoon and vacation destination! World-class style and design. Staff friendlier than in other 5-star hotels or resorts. Great activity options like seabob, diving to the under-water W sign in the beautiful house reef or staying one night on a lonely island with romantic beach BBQ... Just to mention a few! 110% recommended. We just returned and miss it already!

Room Tip: Ocean villas with lagoon view and lagoon access are great! If you stay 5 nights or more, we recommen...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jean-Marc M, Directeur général at W Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hi Holgerito,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this really nice comment on Trip Advisor!

Our Talents would be glad to read that they provided you with outstanding service and responded to all your needs. Glad you enjoyed the seabob as well as the dive on our amazing house-reef and the romantic dinner on Gaathafushi!

We hope to welcome you soon to our tropical playground.

All the best
Jean Marc Ma Poon

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed there 4 years ago for my honeymoon and did not have the time to review it, so felt in my anniversary I should write a couple of words:

Check in was very smooth and fast.
We stayed in water bungalow and was just amazing experience worth every penny.
Super friendly staff and very personalized service.
We tried all the restaurants and after 4years I cannot speak enough about them, all of the them just excellent, make sure to try all of them.
We hade a private dinner at our terrace and was incredible
The spa is jaw dropping experience.
The lay out is amazing with a beautiful pool in the middle.
Very nice water sports center.
F&B as well as all activities are very expensive, but this is very normal for this hotel category; but u need to be prepared to pay.
The only small negative is that the jacuzzi in the middle of the pool nedd to be heated since it is very cold.
Would love to return back one day.
Big thank u for the w team.

Room Tip: You do not really need to go for bungalows, you can still go for the beach oasis since they have an...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jean-Marc M, General Manager at W Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you really much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled to read you had an amazing time with us. Our Talents would be glad to read that they provided you with outstanding service and responded to all your needs.

Hope to see you soon on our tropical playground,

Veligandu Island Resort & Spa
Kuramathi Island Resort
Kuramathi Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Kuramathi

Been to W Maldives? Share your experiences!