We arrived just yesterday, so I might write adds-up to my review. So far strictly to the facts: upon arrival to Male we had to wait for around 2 hours for our flight to the island. But the waiting time was enjoyable: excellent LUX* lounge with good complimentary food and drinks. The hostess filed all the necessary info for the hotel so that at the reception on the island we had no formalities any more. And free WiFi and plug adapters to charge your e-staff. After a short flight On the aquaplane, we were welcome by the manager and hostesses and accompanied to our rooms. I've never lived really on the beach - the terrace is 5m from the lagoon with all the privacy you may need (you even can swim naked at night if you wish;)). Your bathroom with 2 showers and a tube is in your small private garden! A bottle of champaign to welcome you. Super kind people! Will write separate reviews about dive centre and food, just for you to know that both are very good too. Watersports center for those who want to stay a bit active. As a problem - we had difficulties so far to find free bicycles. Will be looking harder. Well, going to play tennis now. Ciao ;)).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreamy atolls of tropical islands scattered across the Indian Ocean, the Maldives are a kaleidoscope of colours and earthly pleasures. Get away from it all at LUX* South Ari Atoll (formerly LUX* Maldives), the only settlement on the postcard-perfect island of Dhidhoofinolhu. Fuss free and laid-back, the resort surprises with pop-up cinema screenings right on the beach, impromptu musical performances and strolls along secret pathways through the lush tropical gardens. Just steps from the thatch-roofed suites and ocean-perched villas, the island's unspoilt beaches are yours to claim. A prime spot for snorkelling and whale-shark spotting, the resort's unblemished lagoon is a diver's dreamworld. Back on land, island street food and fine dining await in the tempting restaurants and bars. In the shade of coconut palms, lounge by the two turquoise pools, luxuriate in the ocean-view spa and surrender to the charms of this castaway idyll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Destinology, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Southall Travel, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your LUX* South Ari Atoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll