What an incredible place! We spent 9 nights at lux Maldives in a beach villa with our four year old son. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel incredibly welcome and everything was wonderful - location, kids club, food and most of all the staff. My husband and I have stayed in top hotels many times and have never experienced this standard of service and care. The staff all knew about one allergy my son had and remembered his name the whole time. He loved the kids club particularly Ruby and Mibu, and the room attendant left clever towel arrangements on his bed almost every day. The island is magical and the accommodation is lovely. We were on the sunset side but the beach on the lagoon side is a bit nicer and calmer.
We were already discussing that we wanted to rebook next year after 6 days of our 9, when on day 7 disaster struck and our son fell badly and broke his arm. The kindness with which we were treated was without bounds and means that we will return time and time again to this resort. As it was night time and flying wasn't possible We had to travel by speedboat to another island for an initial X-ray and then on to Malé the capital again by boat for two hours to see an orthopaedic surgeon. What could have been a complete nightmare was smoothed by the flawless organization of the resort, where we had a staff member accompany us (Solih) throughout and an airport representative who got us on the first sea plane back after all night on boats and in hospital. This was all coordinated by the GM Dominik and Masdoug, the head of rooms. They made what was already a very bad experience much easier for us, and our son was literally the resort celebrity when we arrived back the next day, with everyone fussing over him! Fruit and sweets were sent to our room, and arrangements on his bed were left saying "get well soon" etc.
On our last day we had to leave quickly because the weather had turned bad and they wanted to ensure our sea plane could leave, so we missed saying goodbye to Solih, but he called the airport lounge to say goodbye.
It wasn't just the excellent quality of the food, the accommodation, the natural beauty of the island which made this so special, it was the genuine friendliness and care given by all the staff which makes this resort the most special we have ever stayed in. We will be back. Thank you so much Lux Maldives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreamy atolls of tropical islands scattered across the Indian Ocean, the Maldives are a kaleidoscope of colours and earthly pleasures. Get away from it all at LUX* South Ari Atoll (formerly LUX* Maldives), the only settlement on the postcard-perfect island of Dhidhoofinolhu. Fuss free and laid-back, the resort surprises with pop-up cinema screenings right on the beach, impromptu musical performances and strolls along secret pathways through the lush tropical gardens. Just steps from the thatch-roofed suites and ocean-perched villas, the island's unspoilt beaches are yours to claim. A prime spot for snorkelling and whale-shark spotting, the resort's unblemished lagoon is a diver's dreamworld. Back on land, island street food and fine dining await in the tempting restaurants and bars. In the shade of coconut palms, lounge by the two turquoise pools, luxuriate in the ocean-view spa and surrender to the charms of this castaway idyll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travelbag, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your LUX* South Ari Atoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll