We have just returned from our second trip to LUX Maldives at the end of October and have to say that if anything it was even better than our first trip! We received such a warm welcome back from the staff and management who all recognised us. From the first moment they looked after us so well. On our second night there we booked into the Italian restaurant and were surprised on arrival when we were shown to a private table set for 2 in the wine cellar, with the table beautifully decorated, which we understood was just a little thank you for choosing the resort a second time - a wonderful experience which prompted us to book for the chef's table to make our last night on the island truly memorable. This was a fantastic experience, Bala looked after our every need in planning the meal and on the night Amit looked after us so well. All you have to do is tell them your likes and dislikes and they create a 5 course menu, paired with wines if you wish, especially for you. The meal was divine and gave us the opportunity to try things that we otherwise would not choose! The table was decorated even more lavishly than previously and again was set privately in the wine cellar. It was the perfect end to our holiday. Just one word of advice however, as the resort was full when we were there, it was important to book the restaurants 2 or 3 days ahead to get the time and location you wanted.
It is all of the little day to day touches that make LUX so special, such as the daily ice cream round, the secret bar and the hidden bottles. We were also especially partial to the special milkshakes made for us each lunchtime with the island's home-made ice cream. We also seemed to bump into the resort manager Mamoun every day on his daily rounds of the island to make sure all the guests were happy and being looked after. We looked forward to our daily chats with him. It was hard to find fault with anything at all, and the whole trip was therefore so relaxing.
We are also divers and took full advantage of the PADI dive school which also looked after us really well. Unfortunately whilst some people saw the whale sharks, they were proving to be elusive for us this year ( we did dive with them last year in Nov), but that did not matter as the diving was great anyway with plenty of turtles, octopus, eagle rays and a great variety of fish.
The other facilities on the island are also excellent from the very relaxing spa to the well equipped gym and accompanying classes or instructor sessions, so you can be as active or pampered as you like.
Overall we really enjoyed our holiday and look forward to our next holiday there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreamy atolls of tropical islands scattered across the Indian Ocean, the Maldives are a kaleidoscope of colours and earthly pleasures. Get away from it all at LUX* South Ari Atoll (formerly LUX* Maldives), the only settlement on the postcard-perfect island of Dhidhoofinolhu. Fuss free and laid-back, the resort surprises with pop-up cinema screenings right on the beach, impromptu musical performances and strolls along secret pathways through the lush tropical gardens. Just steps from the thatch-roofed suites and ocean-perched villas, the island's unspoilt beaches are yours to claim. A prime spot for snorkelling and whale-shark spotting, the resort's unblemished lagoon is a diver's dreamworld. Back on land, island street food and fine dining await in the tempting restaurants and bars. In the shade of coconut palms, lounge by the two turquoise pools, luxuriate in the ocean-view spa and surrender to the charms of this castaway idyll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Destinology, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your LUX* South Ari Atoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll