First of all, this is the BEST VACATION we've ever taken.
Started from Mohamed (Resort Manager) greeted us from the deck right off boat, then the smily boy Devan took vary good care of us.
The first day was rainy and stormy, I was so worried and afraid that bad weather will ruin our vacation, but what can I do except hoping for the best !!!
Thank God, the second day was sunny and breezy!!! You can notice every staff around this island smile to you genuinely and always happy to help.I feel very comfortable walking around and exploring with my camera, if I'm tired, I can always hop on a buggy.
On our first two nights, we stayed in "Beach Pavillian", it was good, with direct access to the beach and ocean, but too easy to bring in sands from the beach, we used lots of towel all over the room to make our interior space clean.
3rd and 4th night we stayed in "Water Villa", Room 101, totally worth it !!! We are the first villa on the east end, with blue and white interior design and deco, you feel relaxed and got bigger space too. We always order room service and enjoy our dinner over sunset, pure enjoyment !!! We not only got direct access to the ocean, we even walk to the other end of the ocean when tide was low so we can snorkel and enjoy the beautiful underworld.
There were two times that we have no HOT water in our villa for showering, we called reception, they send ppl fix it right away, but same thing happened next morning, on our way for breakfast, there was a guy called "SOLIH" he expressed his concerns and suggested to upgrade us to "Prestige Water Villa" woo hoo, this is like a dream come true !!! We did not expect this even though we trust LUX will make a justify compensation for having no hot water for 2 days :(
The "Prestige Water Villa" is like the frosting on the cake, make everything extra sweet and better !!! We got extraordinary breathtaking view from sunrise and sunset, we see baby sharks swimming by, we see squid and stingray , tons of cute fishes...
We even got a chance to had a chat with the resort manager "Mohamed", he is always around and caring for his visitors feeling, making sure every guest is happy , it certainly takes everyone's effort to make it happen. we truely enjoyed the treasure hunt "message in the bottle" and the "Secret bar", all these little things make a island vacation memorable and exceptional.
Lux is a big island, you need to bring tons of sunblock !!! I got sunburn on the second day, it cost $15 for aloe vera in the mini bar. Drinking water is always enough, we love to make our first coffee in the morning sometimes Earlgrey tea with milk, so goooood !!!
Price : we booked 4night + 1night free. Breakfast included.
We don't drink alcohol and we are light eater, all inclusive is too much for us.
with air ticket, total around USD $5500 for 2 ppl. Not bad at all ~~!!!!
We are planning coming back next year, can't wait !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreamy atolls of tropical islands scattered across the Indian Ocean, the Maldives are a kaleidoscope of colours and earthly pleasures. Get away from it all at LUX* South Ari Atoll (formerly LUX* Maldives), the only settlement on the postcard-perfect island of Dhidhoofinolhu. Fuss free and laid-back, the resort surprises with pop-up cinema screenings right on the beach, impromptu musical performances and strolls along secret pathways through the lush tropical gardens. Just steps from the thatch-roofed suites and ocean-perched villas, the island's unspoilt beaches are yours to claim. A prime spot for snorkelling and whale-shark spotting, the resort's unblemished lagoon is a diver's dreamworld. Back on land, island street food and fine dining await in the tempting restaurants and bars. In the shade of coconut palms, lounge by the two turquoise pools, luxuriate in the ocean-view spa and surrender to the charms of this castaway idyll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Prestigia, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your LUX* South Ari Atoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll