“WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR !!!”

LUX* South Ari Atoll
Reviewed 27 November 2013

First of all, this is the BEST VACATION we've ever taken.

Started from Mohamed (Resort Manager) greeted us from the deck right off boat, then the smily boy Devan took vary good care of us.

The first day was rainy and stormy, I was so worried and afraid that bad weather will ruin our vacation, but what can I do except hoping for the best !!!

Thank God, the second day was sunny and breezy!!! You can notice every staff around this island smile to you genuinely and always happy to help.I feel very comfortable walking around and exploring with my camera, if I'm tired, I can always hop on a buggy.

On our first two nights, we stayed in "Beach Pavillian", it was good, with direct access to the beach and ocean, but too easy to bring in sands from the beach, we used lots of towel all over the room to make our interior space clean.

3rd and 4th night we stayed in "Water Villa", Room 101, totally worth it !!! We are the first villa on the east end, with blue and white interior design and deco, you feel relaxed and got bigger space too. We always order room service and enjoy our dinner over sunset, pure enjoyment !!! We not only got direct access to the ocean, we even walk to the other end of the ocean when tide was low so we can snorkel and enjoy the beautiful underworld.

There were two times that we have no HOT water in our villa for showering, we called reception, they send ppl fix it right away, but same thing happened next morning, on our way for breakfast, there was a guy called "SOLIH" he expressed his concerns and suggested to upgrade us to "Prestige Water Villa" woo hoo, this is like a dream come true !!! We did not expect this even though we trust LUX will make a justify compensation for having no hot water for 2 days :(

The "Prestige Water Villa" is like the frosting on the cake, make everything extra sweet and better !!! We got extraordinary breathtaking view from sunrise and sunset, we see baby sharks swimming by, we see squid and stingray , tons of cute fishes...

We even got a chance to had a chat with the resort manager "Mohamed", he is always around and caring for his visitors feeling, making sure every guest is happy , it certainly takes everyone's effort to make it happen. we truely enjoyed the treasure hunt "message in the bottle" and the "Secret bar", all these little things make a island vacation memorable and exceptional.

Lux is a big island, you need to bring tons of sunblock !!! I got sunburn on the second day, it cost $15 for aloe vera in the mini bar. Drinking water is always enough, we love to make our first coffee in the morning sometimes Earlgrey tea with milk, so goooood !!!

Price : we booked 4night + 1night free. Breakfast included.
We don't drink alcohol and we are light eater, all inclusive is too much for us.
with air ticket, total around USD $5500 for 2 ppl. Not bad at all ~~!!!!

We are planning coming back next year, can't wait !!!

1  Thank annlai
GMLUX, General Manager at LUX* South Ari Atoll, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for spending time in writing and sharing your vacation experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to know you had a wonderful and memorable stay with us at LUX* Maldives.

What a unique experience of staying in different areas on our island. I am glad you had enjoyed all the moments of what the island had to offer. Solih is very happy to learn about your compliment to him. However, although he had taken good care of you, I would still like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. As the hotel is located on a remote island, we always try our best to maintain the facility in perfect condition, but when things do occasionally fail we ensure that we work hard to rectify such incidents.

Mamoun is always around and making sure every single guest has been taken good care of and I am glad that you shared some conversations with him. He was also very delighted to see the positive feedback here on TripAdvisor.

We are truly happy to see you had enjoyed your stay on the island as well as seeing the baby sharks, stingrays, and the colourful fish.

As you mentioned that you will be back, we will eagerly await your return. We know you traveled a long way but hope to hear from you soon and we are always available to assist you with your next trip.

Best regards from all of us,

Dominik

Write a ReviewReviews (3,307)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Lux mainly thanks to the great staff. We were told there were about 400 guests at the resort but it did not feel like that, at most we saw about 30 people at one time so that was great so if you want a quiet island but still with plenty of things to do this island is great. We actually saw more staff who were always friendly and polite than guests.
Our room was immaculately cleaned twice a day by the wonderful Abdullah - who left beautiful decorations on our bed! We booked the spa package - that was great....most of our treatments at the spa were very relaxing, make sure you ask for Ayur or Indri they were wonderful (also the male masseuse whose name I have forgotten). The staff at the spa were very professional and it was a treat seeing them every day!
On one of our first breakfasts, we met Jonathan the executive head chef, I mentioned my husband was vegetarian in passing. When we had dinner that night, Jesse took us to the table at Inami and she opened the menu to the veggie section for my husband and explained everything to him without us having to say anything. Very thoughtful. Here we met the head chef, Pankaj he came out to talk to us and made us gorgeous desserts every time we ate at Inami. Pankaj was such a wonderful man and always came out to talk to us when we were at his restaurant, he genuinely seemed interested in talking to us and getting to know us. Inami and Allegria were my two favourite restaurants on the island. On our last night the staff at Allegria put on a special surprise dinner for my husband and I in their wine cellar room. It was such a wonderful surprise, I can't thank chef Subbuni and his team enough - the four course tasting menu was fantastic! Hussain, Nishan and Hasan (who makes lovely animals out of leaves) were wonderful waiting staff whose company we really enjoyed.
The staff were super thoughtful, for example, our sea plane was delayed on the way out so chef Subbuni saw us walking back from the jetty, and made us fresh waffle cone ice-creams whilst we waited.
Overall every single member of staff we interacted with were ever so friendly and warm and that really made our trip - along with the crystal clear water, great snorkeling and empty beaches.
I would love to go back one day!

Room Tip: Beach pavilions were wonderful. Plus they are in the middle of the island near both sides of entert...
1  Thank pips78

Thank you for sharing such reassuring review on TripAdvisor. I am very glad that you and your husband had enjoyed your stay at LUX* Maldives as well as the company of our team members. I am very proud to say that we not merely distinguish ourselves as a spacious island in south ari atoll, but also outstanding from all of our team members who devote themselves to the service industry.

Your good words have been shared with the islanders you have highlighted in the review as everybody is always motivated by receiving positive feedback as yours.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for recognizing the hard works of our team members and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you again for another tropical holidays in the very near future.

With sunny regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

In short , absolutely fantastic , every holiday you take you will always compare to lux Maldives , I would like to thank Mr Mohammed Ali Mamoun and his staff for making our holiday so special. Special thanks to our villa cleaner @231 very polite and great job, the chef who went out of his way to cook us a fresh curry , mr Manoj thank you. Half way though. So more to follow when we get back home. Tip sunrise side beach villa in my opinion has the best setting, bye your own snorkel kit plenty to see, my father always advised me to tip the cleaner and those that look after you and always say thank you. Be polite and take the time to talk to the hard working employees .

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMLUX, General Manager at LUX* South Ari Atoll, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for the feedback. It is great to learn you had a good time at LUX* Maldives.
I am glad that you had noticed the hard work from our team members, from the management to the line staff. There is nothing better than receiving a note of encouragement from guests, and your kind words are definitely the best reward to all of us.

We wish you all the best in life, and don’t forget to come back and visit LUX* Maldives again to celebrate the joy of it.

We are looking forwards to seeing you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My wife and I spent ten days at Lux Maldives at the beginning of November. From the moment we got there we knew we had made a great decision. We were staying in a Water Villa and on an All-Inclusive package - we would definitely recommend both. Part of the reason we chose Lux was because the size of the island meant there were quite a lot of different activities to do - it definitely felt like you had a lot of options.

One of the things common about both the restaurants and amenities was that the staff went the extra mile to make your stay as perfect as possible. The service was excellent everywhere we visited and people very friendly. As other reviewers have noted the Resort Manager Mohamed Mamoun was very attentive, without being overbearing, regularly checking in with guests to make sure they were having a great trip.

This was also very much true of Mustapha who looked after our villa during the stay. He couldn't do enough for us whilst we were there. Mustapha was also able to concoct amazing creations from towels of various different animals which would greet us after returning in the evening!

Since we were on honeymoon we were given some 'extra' vouchers which gave us a complimentary massage at the Lux Spa, a sunset boat trip, a cocktail-making session and a honeymoon dinner on our last night. This was much appreciated and we had fun taking advantage of these.

We loved the fact that we could walk down the steps at the back of our villa straight into the lagoon where you could do some really good snorkelling from there. The amount of different fish was amazing and the water was crystal clear. The Dive Centre hire fins and snorkels and also run daily 'House Reef Snorkelling' trips. For one reason or another we didn't get to do one of these until the last day but we would really recommend it. It's really good to explore slightly deeper water on the reef and follow some of the guides who point out and try to find interesting fish.

We thought the food was really nice throughout the island. The a la carte restaurants (Allegria and Senses) were particularly good in our opinion though. We spent quite a bit of time at Allegria throughout our stay and really enjoyed the food, as well as getting to know the staff there. Amit and his team were great and looked after us really well and we had some excellent meals there. We thought Rafi's cocktails were one of the unsung secrets of Lux Maldives and we went there pretty much every night. He would entertain us by showing how he made each drink at the bar and the cocktails were very good quality.

We had our final night Honeymoon dinner at Allegria and they hosted us in their wine cellar, complete with special table decorations and menu. This was a great way to end our stay and we had a great night. We really appreciated the extra touches that went with this and our meal was fantastic. Obviously we followed this up with more of Rafi's great cocktails!

Since we had spent a lot of money on the All-Inclusive package we tried to take advantage of what this offered and not spend extra on things which weren't included (whether this was drinks, meals or various activities). This wasn't difficult to do and you could very easily spend ten days having a great time enjoying all of the things which are included. The only time we decided to splash out was having heard some reviews of the Whale Shark Safari. This was a brilliant decision. We spent fifteen/twenty minutes swimming with a six metre Whale Shark which was absolutely fantastic. Whilst seeing Whale Sharks can obviously not be guaranteed I would really recommend this - luckily for us this was the last day of our honeymoon too which meant we ended on a real high. The Dive Centre even burnt a CD of some videos and photos they had been taking underwater.

The only thing which wasn't perfect was the weather - we only had two days of rain though (unusual at this time of year apparently). It was still very easy to have an enjoyable day playing cards/reading and drinking cocktails, and with the views around the island. The rest of the time it was warm and sunny and exactly as you would hope.

Whilst there were lots of other people at the resort it never felt busy and we had fun making friends with other people. Sam and Adrian - hope you had fun on the remainder of your holiday!

Thanks to all at Lux Maldives! We had a great time, thanks for looking after us and hopefully we may return one day!

3  Thank Ben G

What a remarkable review you have shared with everyone on TripAdvisor. Thank you! It is great to see you had spent a good time at LUX* Maldives during your 10-days honeymoon, and you did not waste any moment while on the island.

I am very pleased that you loved everything you had done and seen here. The water villa is absolutely a good choice of staying in, and one might be able to bathe in the naturally spacious pool with colourful fish anytime of the day. Other than being in the “pool” in front of your “home,” going out a bit further to the deep water and saying hello to the friendly giant whale sharks is also one the most exciting highlight of a visit to our island, and I am glad you had met one! Being next to the only known reef on the planet where whale sharks can be seen throughout the year it is certainly one activity that can not be missed!

In addition to the fun you had in the water, it is very reassuring to learn, that you had fully enjoyed the advantage of the all inclusive package and the cuisines we have offered. Most importantly, I am happy to know that Amit and Rafi had taken good care of you during your vacation.

I am really glad your stay with us had successfully achieved your expectation, and your feedback is highly appreciated. Besides Amit and Rafi, I have also shared your compliment to Musthafa and Mamoun, and it is truly a great encouragement to all the team members on the island.
Thank you for choosing LUX* Maldives to be the destination of celebrating your honeymoon. On behalf of Mamoun and all the islanders, we look forward to your next visit in the very near future.

Best regards from the sunny paradise,

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Spoilt rotten doesn't mean Lux Maldives - spoilt rotten was us being there. This was our first visit to the Maldives to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary and it was worth waiting for! The weather wasn't brilliant the first few days but it meant we got to find our way around the restaurants and bars and a lovely time in the LUX me spa. Best massage I have ever had. Our beach villa was on the sunrise side of the island and it felt like we had the whole beach to ourselves. Most days we seemed to be the only people on the beach and snorkelling in the lagoon. We had our own few small reefs we snorkelled over every day and the fish we saw changed with the temperature, light and the tide - fantastic. We also went on the house reef snorkelling trip and saw even more varieities of fish. The best day for us was the the shark whale education trip with the Lux marine biologist, Francesca. We learnt to much and got to see 4 whale sharks that morning! We were so lucky and we were the only boat to see three of them.
The food at Lux was absolutely fabulous with such variety and choices. Our final night we had dinner on the beach at the Senses restaurant and it was magical. We loved the Ici bar during the day and thanks to Aladhin! Final thanks to Ahmed who looked after us and our room so well. I could carry on writing more but think anyone reading this will get tired of me going on and on how wonderful this place is - but it is. I took ages to select the island to go to for this special holiday and was so worried it may not live up to the reviews but it does. One week at Lux feels like 2. So much or so little to do - it is up to you but you will enjoy it there whatever you do. Everyone at Lux is so friendly and want to make your stay relaxing and memorable. We hope to be back there again soon.

Room Tip: Beach villas on the sunrise side are slightly closer to the beach and more quiet and secuded and bet...
3  Thank Valerie G

It was great to hear that you were spoilt rotten by staying with us at LUX* Maldives! I am very glad that we were able to celebrate your silver wedding anniversary and made it memorable and unforgettable to you, also, during the unstable weather condition, you had used the opportunity to experience and enjoy the variety of cuisines we offer on the island.I have to say you were very lucky to see 4 whale sharks in one morning. Wasn’t it great that the whale sharks also came along to celebrate the very special day with you?

I would like to thank you for spending time on writing about your joyful moments and sharing it with the readers on TripAdvisor. Your review not only helps future LUX* guests to have a better idea before they visit but also encourages our team members to keep up the high standard of services, and I am pleased to know that Francesca, Aladhin, and Ahmed had achieved to exceed your high expectations.

Please do come back soon and visit us again. Don’t wait for the pearl or gold anniversary!

With the sunny regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We received excellent service during our stay in Lux* this November, all the staff show their hospitality all-the-time, especially the Resort Manager, Mohamed Mamoun. He welcome us at the very first time when we step to Lux* and when the holiday comes to the end, he also come to send us away by waving his hand continuously even our speedboat leave the island so far away. Their efforts made our holiday memorized, fantastic and joyful. We really enjoy our times, and hope we will be back to this beautiful island someday.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your warm note on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to know you have enjoyed your holidays at LUX* Maldives, and I am also glad that Mamoun had taken good care of your stay and looked after your needs. It is indeed true that he goes out of his way every single day to ensure the happiness of all guests and it is due to hard working colleagues such as him that we achieve to suppress the expectations of many guests. Thank you for recognizing this!

Please do come back and visit us again soon. I assure you of another joyful and memorable holiday at LUX* Maldives.

With the warmest regards from the tropics,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have just returned from our second trip to LUX Maldives at the end of October and have to say that if anything it was even better than our first trip! We received such a warm welcome back from the staff and management who all recognised us. From the first moment they looked after us so well. On our second night there we booked into the Italian restaurant and were surprised on arrival when we were shown to a private table set for 2 in the wine cellar, with the table beautifully decorated, which we understood was just a little thank you for choosing the resort a second time - a wonderful experience which prompted us to book for the chef's table to make our last night on the island truly memorable. This was a fantastic experience, Bala looked after our every need in planning the meal and on the night Amit looked after us so well. All you have to do is tell them your likes and dislikes and they create a 5 course menu, paired with wines if you wish, especially for you. The meal was divine and gave us the opportunity to try things that we otherwise would not choose! The table was decorated even more lavishly than previously and again was set privately in the wine cellar. It was the perfect end to our holiday. Just one word of advice however, as the resort was full when we were there, it was important to book the restaurants 2 or 3 days ahead to get the time and location you wanted.
It is all of the little day to day touches that make LUX so special, such as the daily ice cream round, the secret bar and the hidden bottles. We were also especially partial to the special milkshakes made for us each lunchtime with the island's home-made ice cream. We also seemed to bump into the resort manager Mamoun every day on his daily rounds of the island to make sure all the guests were happy and being looked after. We looked forward to our daily chats with him. It was hard to find fault with anything at all, and the whole trip was therefore so relaxing.
We are also divers and took full advantage of the PADI dive school which also looked after us really well. Unfortunately whilst some people saw the whale sharks, they were proving to be elusive for us this year ( we did dive with them last year in Nov), but that did not matter as the diving was great anyway with plenty of turtles, octopus, eagle rays and a great variety of fish.
The other facilities on the island are also excellent from the very relaxing spa to the well equipped gym and accompanying classes or instructor sessions, so you can be as active or pampered as you like.
Overall we really enjoyed our holiday and look forward to our next holiday there.

Room Tip: go for the sunrise side of island - less windy and sheltered lagoon
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pushp B

It was a great pleasure to have you staying with LUX* Maldives again! I am so glad to see you have really enjoyed your experience with us. Although the hotel is located on a remote island, insistence on providing the highest quality of food and ensuring our guests receive the highest standard of service are always our goal, and I am very happy to see that Bala and Amit had successfully achieved that with you during your various special meals. They are pleased to hear from you as well!

I believe the only regret you had for the trip was not able to see the whale sharks this time, and that means you have to come back and visit us (Bala, Amit, other team members, and the whale sharks) again. All the team members would be most happy to welcome you for a third visit on the island.

With the sunny regards from our Island Paradise, also from Mamoun!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dhidhoofinolhu Island
#1 of 1 in Huvahandhoo Island
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
#1 of 1 in Rangali Island

Been to LUX* South Ari Atoll? Share your experiences!