LUX* South Ari Atoll
US$841
US$1,121
US$887
  • Breakfast included
Vakarufalhi Island Resort(Vakarufalhi Island)
US$754
US$634
  • Restaurant
Lily Beach Resort & Spa(Huvahandhoo Island)
US$947
US$338
US$326
Diamonds Thudufushi(Thudufushi Island)
US$1,009
US$845
Mirihi Island Resort(Mirihi)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Oliva Palm Cottages(Dhigurah Island)
TripAdvisor
3,447 results
All reviewsour honeymoonall inclusive packagethe resort managerbeach villasouth ari atollwater sportsisland barwhale sharkskids clubsea planetowel artspecial thanksjapanese restaurantrestaurants and barsbubble batheast restauranta la carte restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I went to LUX Beach Resort with my mom, dad and sister. It was the best beach resort ever. The sand was pure pure white, exactly as you see them on the brochures. The food and drinks were yummy. What I love best about LUX was that we could have ice-cream all day from 10:30 in the morning until evening. We got the ice-cream (there were so many flavours, but my favourite was coconut) from the ice-cream bar near the lobby, and the best thing about it was that it was free. My mom said we didn't have to pay for the ice-cream at all!

The butler who cleaned our room, Mr. Shukoor was also very good. On the last day before we were to fly home, we came into the room and found the humongous bath all ready for us with petals of roses sprinkled on the bubble bath. The bed was set up with two swans made up of towels folded into swans. My sister and I were so excited we jumped straight into the bubble bath and played for two hours. Thank you Mr. Shukoor!

On the morning of our departure, Mr. Mamoun the hotel manager came up to talk to us. You always see him around. It was as there were 100 Mamouns in the hotel. Wherever you go, there's Mr. Mamoun! I asked Mr. Mamoun where the hotel staff slept coz I wondered if they slept near our beach villa. Mr. Mamoun offered to take my sister and I for a ride in his buggy to have a look at the staff quarters. It was amazing. Then he drove us back to my mom and dad and gave each of us a Toblerone chocolate. He's the nicest manager ever. We have stayed in so many resorts and hotels around the world, but he's the nicest manager ever.

I want my mom and dad to take me back to LUX again soon.

Room Tip: The beach villas on the East side has the best water for snorkelling, and the mantra ray comes out to swim in the evening.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LUX_GM, General Manager at LUX* South Ari Atoll, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I am very happy to see you had a great beach holiday with the company of our homemade ice cream for the whole stay. I do like the coconut flavor, and the popcorn flavor is my favorite.

Did you take some pictures of the swans Shukoor had made ? Besides swans, he has made a lot more creations that I believe would amaze you. I am also glad to know that you had met our Resort Manager, Mamoun and had enjoyed the little buggy tour around the island.

Mamoun and I would really like to welcome you and your family again. I am sure Mom and Dad are looking forward to another enjoyable stay with us.

Sunny and breezy regards to all the family,

Shaun and the LUX* Maldives Team

Shaun Dünhofen

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Two weeks ago, my family and I went to the Maldives for the first time. It took us three months to decide on the right resort: great service, great beach, great room, great amenities, etc.

After comparing a few resorts that were kids friendly (there were tons of resorts that didn't welcome kids) as we had two children of our own, we finally decided on Lux.

It was one of the most memorable beach vacation we'd ever had and even as we stepped off the dock to board our seaplane, we were already hatching out our return to Lux.

Without a doubt, everything was exactly as we'd hoped it to be. The staff (thanks to the Super Manager Mr. Mamoun) were not only courteous, but obliging to every request and needs no matter how minor they may seem. Everyone was out to make sure we were comfortable and not short-changed in any way. Here are some instances:
1) we had wanted to visit a village that wasn't on the schedule for that week. Thanks to you Usamath, my daughters were able to witness first hand what a Maldivian school was like and how the students studied (open concept, without walls). It was an eye-opening experience for them. And of course, the tour guide Mr. Nusoor was just as amazing, as were the two skippers who drove the boat that took us to the island.
2) I had just mentioned briefly to Mr. Davidan (the man in charge of the Serenity bar area) that I would be heading straight for work once I got off the plane from Maldives in crumpled shirt, he immediately picked up the phone and ensured that I got my ironing board and iron. And of course, the two items were there in our beach villa as we got back to the room that evening.

I could just ramble on. All I can say is the excellent service we have experienced in LUX is a reflection of the perfect training and eagle-eyed supervision of Mr. Mamoun on his staff (you could see Mr. Mamoun everywhere you go ie. checking on the guests, speaking to everyone he met, greeting them with his endless warm smiles).

As long as Mr. Mamoun is there at LUX, we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: We got the Beach Villa that was closer to the 'Kitchen' restaurant and 'Sunset' Bar. Very Very convenient for family with young kids. We saw plenty of fish and eels between the rocks just off the beach in front of our villa. Our kids were exhilarated!!! Room 344.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LUX_GM, General Manager at LUX* South Ari Atoll, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for the wonderful comments on LUX* Maldives, we truly appreciate your kind words regarding our team, as they are very excited to read your experience shared with the worldwide travelers online. It is very reassuring that you had enjoyed the island life with us but also most importantly that your children had a great time having fun. Our property is located on a spacious island, comparing to the scope of most of the islands in the Maldives, we do have a plenty of reasons to return as there is many activities available for everyone.

I am very proud to say that I totally agree with your feedback on our team members. They are indeed the most valuable asset to the resort and that is the reason how we are distinguished from others. Although your review has been shared to the team, I will highlight in our daily briefing your compliments to Usamath, Noory and Daminda by myself to recognize their good work.

Mamoun is very pleased to learn about your kind words to him and sends his regards to you and your family. Please do not hesitate to keep in contact with any of us in the future as we look forward to welcoming you at the jetty.

Best wishes to you and your lovely family,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This has been the best holiday of our lives. Everything was so well organised and friendly. When I asked what time it was in order to adjust for my watch for time zone difference, I was told it was not important. Food is excellent! Accommodation is excellent! Service is superior! You can stop thinking when you pick up your luggage at Male airport because everything else gets done for you!! We will return very soon.

We even had a chap clean our room twice a day. In the evening, he would take down our beach umbrella and remove the cushions from our deck chairs!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Gerd H
LUX_GM, General Manager at LUX* South Ari Atoll, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Good to know you will be back with us again soon. Thank you for sharing your recent holiday experience with the public online. It is good to know you had a relaxing holiday on the island as well as fully enjoying the cuisines we have offered.

Please do let us know when you have the return trip confirmed, we would like to prearrange everything necessary for you in order to give you another perfect holiday at LUX* Maldives.

With the best regards from the Indian Ocean,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Excellent stay. Beautiful resort with excellent facilities. Staff very friendly and attentive. Particular mention of Shareef who did an amazing job looking after our bungalow, Abbas excellent service in the Island Kitchen, Dive Instructor Tony, very professional. Resort managers Sean & Mohamed who greeted us warmly on arrival and were there to bid us farewell on departure. All a credit to the resort.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kathryn W
LUX_GM, General Manager at LUX* South Ari Atoll, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you Kathryn, I truly appreciate that you have spent time to complete our online guest satisfaction survey, as well as leaving a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Although your compliments to our team have been shared to all the departments, I will, personally, highlight it to Shareef, Abbas and Tony again to recognize their good work.

It is good to know you had spent a great time with us. Mamoun and I are looking forward to welcoming you again at the arrival jetty for your next vacation on our island.

Best regards from the team members of LUX* Maldives,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

There are so many superlatives that come to mind when you touched down to an island of dreams "lux"ury dreams! The staff were extremely warm and welcoming from day 1 to the end of our holiday, the resort manager Mohamed Ali Mamoun is truly a phenomenonal person that cares for every person that holidays in the resort, so much so it felt we were his family. You certainly don't get that at the one and only, Conrad or banyan tree resorts.
Food was great, we certainly not a family that loves Buffett dinners, 2 of the restaurants were Buffett style - the quality of food shines thru and the variety would of not let any well travelled family left disappointed.
Water sports facilities will certainly not let any one down from world class diving team to brand new jet skis, then even had the new jet fly boards which will give any sports junkie a run for their money.
Gym facilities are good, they have a great instructor their fromSri Lanka sorry can't remember his name but was very helpful in trying to help you train. Even gave me a 30 min keep fit boxing lessons.
Top marks all round for this resort, you will not be disappointed the staff, food, facilities and most of all the price was truly remarkable. Give it a go.

Room Tip: Ask for the beach villas, on the sunset, wonderful!

Dear Colin,

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience on TripAdvisor. Mamoun and I are very glad to learn about your positive feedback. Your comments have been shared with the entire LUX* Maldives family, especially your compliments to Mett, our fitness instructor. We are proud of the team and thank you for sharing the great feedback on our water sports activities.

If you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact Mamoun or myself, especially if you are planning anything special prior to your arrival.

Sunny regards from the LUX* Maldives team,