“lux*****”

LUX* South Ari Atoll
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“lux*****”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I went with my mum and dad for the 2nd time and it was as good as when i went before.
We stayed in a Prestige Villa this time and it was awesome.
All the staff were kind and very helpful.
The Whale shark trip was brill - we saw three whale sharks on one trip and a pod of Dolphins!!
The water was so calm and I enjoyed going on the snorkelling safari and the trips to the house reef.
This is def the best time of year to go and visit!!
The food was epic!!

Room Tip: choose villas 128 or 424!! lol
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
LUX_GM, General Manager at LUX* South Ari Atoll, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for the wonderful message and coming back to LUX* Maldives for the 2nd time is very special to us (you have become part of the family). I am very glad to see you had a great time on the island as well as in the water ! It is always very exciting to see amazing animals in the big blue, seeing 3 whale sharks at the same time is awesome, a memory to share!

Again, good to know you had enjoyed the vacation with us, and I hope you will be back soon with the family !

Warmest regards to you and your family,

Shaun Dünhofen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have just returned from the Lux Maldives 14th April 2014. The islands are just superb I can’t see how anyone can dislike the Maldives or the Lux Resort. This place is run very professionally and the staff are really caring, everyone seems to enjoy their work and it shows. The management is very hands on talking to guests all the time including the General Manager who even waved us off when we departed on the Sea Plane something I think he does for most guests. The rooms are superb and very comfortable; we had a Beach Villa number 248 which was very central to everything and on the beach with a distance of about 6 meters to the sea, what more could you want. The toilet and bathrooms are al fresco which takes some getting used to but no one can see in and with the temperature at a constant 30°C a cold shower was great.
The Restaurants: The restaurants are OK I have to say that I wouldn’t write home about the food but the service is really good in all of them. There is an Italian an Asian, Japanese and a general buffet so lots of choice but the food is only ok. We went all inclusive and trust me we drink lots of wine but I am not sure that all-inclusive is good value, very difficult to calculate in my opinion it’s probably not. Just one thing I thought was wrong and I did speak to the General Manager Sean and the Restaurant and Beverage Manager Alex about it. If they have a special dish in the evening, one we looked as was $145 per person which is quite expensive. If you hadn’t paid all inclusive the price was the same at $145 so what happens to the amount we had already paid on the all-inclusive deal this should be deducted from the $145. It took some time to convince the management that the special meals should only have a supplement applied for those who for all inclusive. So be aware I think this is a nice little scam they have been getting away with and will continue to do so if not challenged.
The Lux as a holiday resort: Fantastic place everywhere was super clean and functional. They have got everything working correctly and efficiently but it all works with no stress. There are extended golf buggies with 10 seats riding up and down the resort from one end to the other running at least every 10 minutes so wherever you wanted to go it didn’t take long. There is a very clever bicycle hire deal where a yellow frame bike can be picked up from anywhere and dropped anywhere to a silver bike that became yours for the holiday with a small rental fee. The entire place is well designed with tropical gardens and beach areas given the whole island is only about 50 meters wide and 1.8 kilometres long it appears very jungle like. It took us a few days to work out where all the working bits were such as the Laundry as they are hidden away behind palms and other trees brilliant. Such a pretty place! The ground staff, the room staff the ladies constantly sweeping up fallen leaves were all very happy people and everyone smiled and said hello and meant it. Lovely, lovely people! Everything is available including snorkelling on the coral reef, a glass bottom boat, Jet skiing, lots of things to do and well organised with new equipment and professional staff. They have a find the hidden bottle put somewhere on the Island (apparently over 100 are put out every day) this was great our 8 year old daughter found 3 and each one had a different prize or message in the bottle, she loved it.
Kids: It was our daughters 9th Birthday while we were away and the staff were just brilliant.
Our room man Jaffa made her some wonderful swans, teddy bears and other fantastic things from towels, very clever. They made her a lovely cake and gave her a party at the Kids club which incidentally was very good, safe, clean and nice staff. They love children and it showed.
General: This is a great place and we will definitely go back and thoroughly recommend the Lux. It would be impossible for anyone not to enjoy a holiday at the Lux.
We would like to thank all the staff for their efforts but have to mention certain people who were just brilliant the management should be very proud of them.
Alex and Martin Food and Restaurant Management: Nice guys and nothing was too much trouble checking all the time to see if we and other guests were happy. They both organised our Daughter’s Birthday party at the Kids Club.
Khan at the Island Pool Bar. He knew and remembered my name after just one visit. A real gentleman who is very good at his job nothing was too much trouble.
Abbas in the Island Kitchen: What a lovely man who was just a delight to be around. Great service with a smile and for my daughter’s birthday he laid a special breakfast table with flowers and took a birthday cake too our villa.
Shilam at the Pizza Hut and the Kitchen: A shy man who made my pizza too hot when I asked for extra Chilli. I have never felt so bad in my life. He was almost in tears when I sent the too hot to eat Pizza back a lovely man a real credit to the Lux.
Suggi at the Spa who braided my Daughter’s hair whilst my Wife had a fantastic Hot Stone Massage what a lovely lady and she didn’t charge for doing Katie’s hair.
The Lux was about 75% full for the first week and 100% for the second week but to be honest we didn’t notice the service was exactly the same.

Room Tip: I think an upgrade to a Beach Villa is worthwhile although from what I could see all the rooms were...
3 Thank white100
Great to hear from you again through your review on TripAdvisor. I am really glad you have taken the time to share your holiday experience and give your recommendations to the travelers around the world. Your message motivates and encourages all the team members of LUX* Maldives, as your compliments to each of us mentioned in the review was very reassuring.

Thank you for giving the detailed information as it does help many of the visitors to know more and offer a clearer picture of what they are looking for before they arrive to the island. We are trying to provide the best options and package to our guests who go for the all-inclusive meal plan. By listening to feedback from our guests, we are to look at alternatives to improve the guest experience as that is the only way to uplift our service to the next level.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the review shared online. On behalf of Jaffa, Abbas, Alex, Martin, Shilam, Suggi and all the team members at LUX* Maldives, we would like to thank you for staying with us and very much look forward to seeing you and your family again in the near future.

Best regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

After so much research on maldives resorts, choosing Lux* Maldives is never a regret.

On our arrival at the resort's jetty, we received warm welcome by the resort mgr, Mamoun, and Naid, the guest ambassador, who gave us detailed information of the resort.

I enjoyed the tranquility of the island with white sandy beach and crystal clear sea. The sunrise and sunset is the most beautiful view that I had seen so far. We stayed in the water villa on the west side of the island, where every morning waking up viewing the most beautiful sunrise.

Excursion to the whale shark safari is an activity that you cannot missed. Seeing one of it is an experience that I will never forget.

Food is never an issue as there are different types of cruisins for your selection.

All staffs are so friendly as they will greet you wherever you go. Our house keeper, Ahmed, did a great job in tidying our villa and I am impressed with his towel origami of folding it into a crocodile.

This resort is definitely worth the stay. We had left with great memories and hope to come back again soon.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kenix_Sim
Dear Kenix,

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us. Naid, Mamoun and Ahmed were excited when they were showed your review.

Please, do come back for another visit soon as Singapore is only a few hours away. We will all be waiting at the jetty to welcome you back.

Best regards from LUX* Maldives,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

our family had the best beach holiday ever! it is a paradise, you can just relax or enjoy all the sport activities and excursions. We stayed in the beach pavilion right in the lagoon and it was fabulous with no wind and very calm, I swam with a turtle there. we loved that although in a resort we had so much privacy and it sometimes looked that we had the beach just for ourselves! The island is just the right size. The staff can't be more helpful and friendly. My daughter said "they make us feel special". and they really do!
The food... Is just amazing and the quality is impressive! My son is on a gluten free diet and the Exexutive Chef Jonathan and his incredible team made him feel like a star! pizza, bread, fish fingers, pancakes, desserts! He had everything he wanted and had a glorious time! Cannot thank you enough Jonathan and all the chefs, and Abbas for his patience... It was great to see that they actually know how to cook gluten free and be extra careful with cross contamination. We will come back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Catarina A
Our team is excited knowing that you will be back again. We are very glad that you had a great beach holiday with your family on our island. Chef Jonathan is an amazing chef and has a warm hearted personality as I understand he looked after your family well. Our team has always tried our best to take care of the guests who have special dietary requirements, and we are proud to highlight to everyone that our team has done great work.

Your feedback explains what some of our future guests might ask prior to travelling. Thank you for sharing it with the world on TripAdvisor. I believe your review has helped a lot of travelers who have special dietary requests to feel comfortable knowing that they will be well looked after by all our team.

Please let us know when your next trip to the Maldives will be and is confirmed so that we can make sure to provide another perfect vacation for you and your family.

See you soon !
Best regards from Chef Jonathan and the Team,

Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Right now it's 30 degrees, I am on the deck of our water villa looking at the whites of waves landing on the lagoon that surrounds us.

This is day four or five ( I forget). So far I have been diving with Kirk and the PADI team here which has been very safe, very exciting and very friendly. I am a UK qualified PADI Dive Master who chose this resort to introduce my 12 year old to the delights of diving. Tomomo ( our guide ) was excellent at instructing us both and giving me the confidence to take a back seat. We had a great time diving yesterday.

The hotel is magnificent with various activities, excursions and facilities to suit all ages. The tennis courts are flood lit, the gym is well equipped and manned all the time it's open. ( which is essential as the Lux ice creams are very desirable and does nothing for the waist line).The island Marine Biologist is a great addition as are the golf cart busses, bicycles and the positive friendly pace of life.

The arrival by seaplane was very special and the island introduction was perfect. The staff can't do enough for their guests and the 'free calls home to any land line from the island telephone boxes', works.

Now for the food. There are several restaurants across the island, serving many different cultures who holiday here, ranging from Asian, European, American and local dishes. The quality of the food is impressive and the volume and variety should not leave you wanting.

Dress code: beach shorts, tees and flip flops during the day and at a stretch tailored shorts and linen collared shirts in the evening. Leave the 'bling' at home.

There is much more to say about the delightful corner of the world but that would be too indulgent. No amount of research will prepare you for the reality of this place. It's better than you could expect.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Flipflopdorsnowboats
LUX_GM, General Manager at LUX* South Ari Atoll, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
It is great to know you and your family had a great time and our team had looked after you well during your stay. Thank you for sharing your holiday experience online with everyone while you with LUX* Maldives. Your wonderful feedback is the most valuable reward for our team. On behalf of Dirk, Tomoko, Francesca and all the team members on the island, we would like to send our best wishes to you and your family and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Warm regards from the tropics and looking forward to the next holiday ,

South Ari Atoll
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Wonderfull place to pass a good honeymoon, foods are great, stuff are very very friendly. Everyone should have tested the experience to be in there. Thank you so much for the outstanding performance of the all stuff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LUX_GM, General Manager at LUX* South Ari Atoll, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Congratulations on your recent marriage. It was a great pleasure to have you here and giving us the opportunity to celebrate your very special days on our island.

Thank you for the compliments to LUX* Maldives, our team and I are very much looking forward to see you again for your first anniversary.

Best wishes,

Shaun
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our best family holiday ever - fresh back from a 14 night stay with our two daughters - 12 and 13 - and loved every minute of it - this is a paradise island. All inclusive package and stayed in 2 adjoining beach pavilions with interconnecting door on the lagoon side of the island. Fantastic service (rooms cleaned twice a day !), very helpful and friendly staff, great food and good choice of restaurants, excellent watersports / snorkelling etc. Special mention for Francesca, the on-site marine biologist, who made our whale shark and turtle snorkelling days very special, Hamish who kept our villas beautifully clean and us all entertained with his daily towel origami and finally Khan in the Island Bar who was a constant delight. A special place and highly recommended - apparently it was full when we there but didn't feel like that at all.

Room Tip: Lagoon side (sunrise) slightly more private but tricky to swim at low tide and no breeze so quite ho...
2 Thank Chris N
Your feedback posted on TripAdvisor is highly appreciated. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review and for noticing the hard work of our team.

We are very delighted to see you had a great family holiday on our island, and that our service had successfully met your expectation in all aspects. We are really proud to work with such an amazing team including our knowledgeable marine biologist, Francesca, creative housekeeper Hameesh and the very attentive bar manager, Khan which were mentioned.

It was a true pleasure to have you and your family spent two weeks’ vacation at LUX* Maldives. On behalf of the team members of the resort, we very much look forward to your next visit on our sunny island.

Best regards,

#1 of 1 in Mirihi
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
#1 of 1 in Rangali Island

Been to LUX* South Ari Atoll? Share your experiences!