LUX* South Ari Atoll
Maafushivaru(Southern Ari Atoll)
US$867
US$986
  • Breakfast included
Vakarufalhi Island Resort(Vakarufalhi Island)
US$451
US$433
  • Restaurant
Lily Beach Resort & Spa(Huvahandhoo Island)
US$839
US$292
US$280
Diamonds Thudufushi(Thudufushi Island)
US$995
US$823
Agoda.com
3,449 results
All reviewsour honeymoonall inclusive packagethe resort managerbeach villasouth ari atollwater sportsisland barwhale sharkskids clubsea planetowel artspecial thanksjapanese restaurantrestaurants and barsbubble batheast restauranta la carte restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Well where to start am still here sat watching the ocean from our beach villa..
We are just enjoying our last few days before we head off home..

If you are thinking of a trip to the Maldives especially if it's your first time then you really don't have to look much further than this resort. So stop now and book it you really won't regret it :)

The island is a great size where you can feel that real get away from it all feeling, if we choose to relax on the beach in front of our villa then you really feel the beach is all your own.
If your more active there is just enough to indulge yourself.
Water sports and dive centre are really good.
We spent 2.5 hours exploring on a jet ski with just us and a guide, which was just brilliant, we stopped on a deserted sand bank and snorkelled the amazing reef, it was heaven

I was concerned over a couple of things before I got here, you always do when you read too many reviews but it is very evident that the whole team is working really hard to make sure they correct any problems, which is nice to see, as some hotels we have been in the past just don't do this..

I was worried about slow service as a few people have mentioned, but we just didn't see it everything was prompt and to a very good standard. Especially as this island is in the middle of the ocean I am so impressed with the fresh tasty food. The hotel wines are sourced for the hotel directly from S.Africa and it shows because they are really good

If you need something extra or different then just ask they really do go out of their way to try and get it for you, if not that day then the next

The staff are one of the resorts best assets, they work so hard to make your stay really special

It really has that Island getaway rustic feel in a 5star setting which personally I loved, yes there are a few tiny bits which you could criticise as not quit 5 star, if you were that way inclined but I loved it more for that, and the management you can see are working really hard and are obviously listening to the guests, some 5star resorts can seem so sterile, but not here relaxed or formal the choice is yours it just all seems to work. With nice touches like the secret bar or messages in a bottle (which are not easy to find by the way)

Water villas look nice, but I prefer dry land, go for the sunset side as you have the nicer beach, with big open spaces of gorgeous beach right in front of you...

We didn't choose the all inclusive as it suited us, and we didn't regret it, there are enough food choices to keep you happy and I have found the food reasonable for this type of resort...

Criticism.. All I can say is that they should advertise a bit more on what's going on each day we seemed to miss some things because we were too busy relaxing, whether that be touch rugby on the beach with the staff or volleyball guests vs management, or just a different theme night in the bar (see there really is something for everyone)

I will be sad to leave, but this really is one of the few places I would come back to, and for someone who always likes to visit new places that really is hard for me to say.

Room Tip: Sunset side beach villa for me, big beach feels like your own... Sunrise side Smaller space to the sea, but I like the view and watching the sun go down with the feeling of it all being mine :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Porter007
LUX_GM, General Manager at LUX* South Ari Atoll, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the readers on TripAdvisor. We have shared your feedback with the entire team and are very happy to know you would like to be back again. That is truly reassuring, thank you !

I am pleased to learn you have enjoyed all kinds of activities on the island. We do value all guest feedback as well as listen to their needs so that we can create an amazing experience, especially by looking into how to share as much information as possible to everyone on the island. This is to ensure our guests enjoy their time to the fullest and do not miss any fun. Thank you for the suggestions.

Again, I am very happy to know you had a good time. On behalf of the team of LUX* Maldives, we hope to see you soon in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Highly recommend this fantastic hotel. Beautiful beaches. Staff is extremely friendly. Food is exceptional. Our accommodation on a beach hut was lovely. The island was very clean and felt very secure.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Patricia,

Thank you very much for the great note, I am very happy that you had enjoyed your family holiday with us and that everyone was having such a good time. If you are planning for the next trip back to the Maldives, please come and visit us again. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards from the Indian Ocean and LUX* Maldives

Reviewed 7 May 2014

IT was our 5th trip to Lux Maldives. the team makes us feel at home. its a great family resort, our kids do feel very comfortable there. I would recommend this place, its 20 mins from male by seaplane and service exceptionally amazing. We are already planning to go in August with our family and our friends are joining us too this time :) the staff goes out of their way to make your stay wonderful. a big thank you to LUX team!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Maria I

Good day Maria !

Paradise is the right word especially as you have returned many times makes you part of the LUX* Family. It is good to receive your feedback and compliments to our team. We are glad to learn about your good time on your vacation at Maldives.

Thank you for sharing as we are very excited to learn about your 6th visit in August. Should you have any inquiries prior to arrival, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime. We would like to make sure your return to the LUX* Paradise is another memorable and delightful one as always. Looking forwards to meeting everyone in two months time.

Sunny regards from the LUX* Maldives,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A very relaxing stay in wonderful surroundings. Great service provided by the Lux team especially the staff doctor who looked after our daughter when she fell ill. Fully recommend Lux Maldives for scenery, service and lasting memories.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for review as it is encouraging to myself and our team as we are always very glad to read the marvelous words posted on TripAdvisor. On behalf of all the team members at LUX* Maldives.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Brilliant staff and service in the hotel. The island is stunning and is everything you want from the Maldives. We staying in the prestige water villa.

With 6 restaurants there's no shortage of choice either. On one evening we had a meal where service fell somewhat below what we would expect. We let the reception know. To our surprise we were invited by the restaurant manager again and given a 'special' meal by the chef and all on the house. I think this is where you see real quality. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how they are rectified that is important. I was very impressed.

Would we return, YES. My only hope is that they spend a little cash on minor renovations like a bit of paint to the rooms. It's not a big point at all though. I think I would book the beach villa though as I liked the idea of walking out into your own stretch of beach...

Next time we'll take the kids. It was good to know they have a no site doctor who was very good and attentive when I manage to cut my leg on some coral when I went diving.

I also went diving. I wanted to dive with the whale sharks but although we saw them I never managed to dive with them only snorkel. I think they could have done more diligence on finding out where they were. After all there are over 200 in that small area! With modern tech it's easy to find out where others are seeing them.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Our team and I are very pleased to learn about your great time staying at LUX* Maldives. And it is truly reassuring that you are coming back with your children as we value the family moments shared. Along with this opportunity, I would like to share with you that we appreciate your feedback and cherish the comments made as we want you to ensure that we prepare for you all to have the best holiday experience.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with us online. Please do contact us for the confirmation of your return. LUX* Maldives is looking forward to welcoming you and your family again.

Best regards from the sunny beach,