I work in travel and had very high expectations of the LUX brand before arrival and we were not disappointed.
First of all the island itself is nothing short of stunning, sometimes you might think photos are edited or touched up but this place looks exactly like the photos, maybe even better in real life!
Its a large island which is accessible by the frequent golf buggies or you can hire bikes. I suggest the bike option – it allows you to find all the special touches & see more of the island itself.
Room -We split our stay with 4 nights beach villa & 3 nights overwater. Both were spacious and spotless, the bathrooms are fantastic and the bath in the beach villa was enormous. Our beach villa was on the sunset side and the water villa had great sunrise views.
Restaurants/Bars – I can’t stress enough how good value the all inclusive package is. Most food & drink is imported and so is pricey however the all inclusive plan covers all restaurants and bars except the Japanese restaurant. We loved the food and wine at Senses and Allegria a la carte and were surprised at the quality of the buffet. The themed nights had plenty of choices and we were never bored with the selection. There were also plenty of choices of wine from all over the world on all inclusive and we enjoyed the pop cap & screw cap that are made just for LUX hotels.
Staff – We were greeted from the seaplane by lots of staff and also waved off when we left which was a really nice touch. Mario looked after us when we first arrived and was always around during our stay to ensure everything was perfect. All the staff we encountered all seemed so happy in their work and spoke very highly of LUX itself. All the staff at the pool, beach, restaurants and bars were eager to help you with a smile on their face, they are a credit to the resort and we thank them for making our stay perfect! We enjoyed chatting to various staff at the bars and restaurants & they always asked if we were having a great day & were happy with our stay so far.
We enjoyed a wine & dine evening with the head chef Anthony and one of the managers Alex for a small supplement. We dined with other couples on the island and had a 5 course meal paired with wine at the Allegria restaurant, great fun, great food and great company!
SPA – We booked the couples celebration package which included a full body massage, facial & champagne in one of the overwater spa villas. Good value for money and so relaxing, would highly recommend.
The hotel lives up to its 5* rating but at the same time isn't stuffy or pretentious, it has more of a ‘barefoot luxury’ feel which we loved. The special touches really make this resort stand out – the secret bar, messages in a bottle, red phone box etc are all great fun and we liked all the little swings and seats scattered around the gardens and beaches just waiting to be found.
All in all I couldn’t fault anything here and would recommend this resort to couples and families. I cant wait to come back and experience it all again...thank you LUX!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreamy atolls of tropical islands scattered across the Indian Ocean, the Maldives are a kaleidoscope of colours and earthly pleasures. Get away from it all at LUX* South Ari Atoll (formerly LUX* Maldives), the only settlement on the postcard-perfect island of Dhidhoofinolhu. Fuss free and laid-back, the resort surprises with pop-up cinema screenings right on the beach, impromptu musical performances and strolls along secret pathways through the lush tropical gardens. Just steps from the thatch-roofed suites and ocean-perched villas, the island's unspoilt beaches are yours to claim. A prime spot for snorkelling and whale-shark spotting, the resort's unblemished lagoon is a diver's dreamworld. Back on land, island street food and fine dining await in the tempting restaurants and bars. In the shade of coconut palms, lounge by the two turquoise pools, luxuriate in the ocean-view spa and surrender to the charms of this castaway idyll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your LUX* South Ari Atoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll